Freedomflyer

Ride with the bros

Was able to get out with my brothers yesterday for a short ride.  We were on the trail at 7:45 and took the ride my wife and I took the other night for our picnic dinner ride. It is so amazing how you can go to the same place and it can look so different at different times of the day.  As always, was great to get out and get some time with just my brothers. Seems to too far and few in between that we get the opportunity to do that. Probably need to make a more concerted effort to do that. My oldest brothers health is not that great and it makes it more critical to take the opportunity to makes it happen.  That being said, the ride was great, we took a spur off of the loop trail my wife and I rode and added a total of 4 miles to the ride to explore a little bit.  Unfortunately we were on a time frame due to my other brother needing to be back for another pre-planned engagement. So we (I) will explore that trail further at a later date.  Here's some pics from our day. 

20230916_074341.jpg

20230916_075919.jpg

20230916_082649.jpg

20230916_083606.jpg

20230916_084114.jpg

20230916_085539.jpg

20230916_090316.jpg

20230916_091516.jpg

20230916_094712.jpg

20230916_100935.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 4

Excellent pictures as always. C'mon guys.... get out and ride those machines!

• Like 1

That really is some beautiful country.

Would be a lot prettier with those canned hams out of the pics, maybe some shiny Hondas in there.  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hey, if Honda made a 2up I'd have one. But I do like the ride of these machines,  smooth, fairly nimble, incredible engine braking, no shifting.  Most of our rides are done in low range, and in and out of 4 wheel drive.  Not because we'll get stuck, just better traction coming down the steep rocky trails, keeps the back end from sliding. Over al have been great machines. Do miss the fuel economy of the Hondas we had though. Don't  miss the ride at all.😁

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Would be a lot prettier with those canned hams out of the pics, maybe some shiny Hondas in there.  LOL

Told ya ^^^^^ lol! 

11 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Hey, if Honda made a 2up I'd have one. But I do like the ride of these machines,  smooth, fairly nimble, incredible engine braking, no shifting.  Most of our rides are done in low range, and in and out of 4 wheel drive.  Not because we'll get stuck, just better traction coming down the steep rocky trails, keeps the back end from sliding. Over al have been great machines. Do miss the fuel economy of the Hondas we had though. Don't  miss the ride at all.😁

I know, just teasing you. 

I have the FIL's Defender in the back yard now.  I had to put clutch rollers and a belt on it at 1K miles, but that man can and will break an anvil.  It's as if he thinks every time he gets on anything mechanical that he should abuse it as much as possible, then show righteous indignation when something breaks.  "I can't believe they would make something so cheap that it would break like that!"

But with me driving the Defender, no issues.  LOL

I know you were 😁

I think anything when abused isn't going to hold up, eventually somethings going to give way. I know it's never going to happen but I sure wish Honda would join the playing field and make a 2 up I think they would clean house with sales. So til then I'll just slum it on my Canned Ham and be thankful everytime I make it back to my truck😁

You do know I can't resist throwing a pic or 5 of them in with my posts. Grateful you guys haven't run me out of here, enjoy sharing our rides with everybody. Wish a few more would get out and do the same. I'm thankful to be able to ride where I do. It is really amazing how our areas change so much with the different positions of the sun. I never get tired of being out and getting away from the growing turmoil in our Valley. 

• Like 3

I'm finally heading for the hunting shack in the morning. Have had several hold ups to my plans so far. Limited to no cell service but will post when I can. Was hoping for the next 5 or 6 days there but gotta run back Friday. My shack partners mom passed away so have a funeral to attend. Then will be there for the next 14 days. Should get some miles on the Rubicon and go through some shotgun shells.