802TRX

New Member from VT

Hi Fellas - New member here from Vermont.

I grew up in Maine and had a love for all things ATV from an early age. I've had a Suzuki 230 and Z400 when I was younger but now getting back into wheelers and tinkering.

I currently have a 2005 Foreman and recently acquired an 86 Fourtrax 350 from a barn that I'm slowly tinkering with.

Excited to meet everyone and talk shop!

IMG_2666.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi welcome from Louisiana >>> that is a clean 350 for it's age ---- 

Not sure you know it , so I'll say it , there were two models during the 1986 ,  TRX350 A ( AC )  and the TRX350D ( DC ) , some parts are unique to only one or the other 

Do you have the rack ? I see the holes in the front fender 

I knew there was a D but not an A. I'll get the serial number off it and post here.

I did find a parts rig last month with racks but they're bent. I know this had an option of two different racks and these ones are the ones that bolt to the fender bolts so I won't have to do any cutting... but I will have to have them straightened.

So far I've:

Cleaned the rust from the tank

Cleaned the carb with rebuild kit

New Battery

Replaced the bent bars with an used OEM set from Oregon (but now needs an alignment)

New OEM grips

Replaced the front fog light plastic housing and glued the left fog back together

Replaced the left fog light bulb harness

Shined it up a bit here and there

Replaced the wheels/tires with the OEM set from my 05 Foreman 500

Replaced the Neutral light bulb

Changed the oil with Honda oil and filter

New Spark Plug

On the list (for now):

Front and rear diff fluid change

Front end alignment (off a few degrees after bar change)

Racks

New seat cover

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 6.22.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 6.22.34 PM.png

IMG_2579.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

• Like 2

welcome to the forums. nice ride !. be warned: new oem parts most likely will be discontinued, its used all the way for most parts for that old girl. p.s. some parts from 1986 only fits that year model, and some parts from later year models up until 1989 will swap out. the front drums, brakes, pinion shafts will not be the same on later yr models.

• Like 2

I took a look at the model identifier and both just say FOURTRAX 350

The running one was manufactured 1/86 and the parts rig 10/85. 38 years ago this month 🙂

IMG_3300.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 802TRX said:

I took a look at the model identifier and both just say FOURTRAX 350

The running one was manufactured 1/86 and the parts rig 10/85. 38 years ago this month 🙂

IMG_3300.jpeg

i know these models very well. i've never paid any attention the letter A after the models. i do know for a fact, 1986 was the first year produced this model in the 4x4 version, also..this was honda's very first 4wd model they ever made. 1986 trx350 was dubed the trx350 fourtrax, then in 1987 they came out with the trx350 fourtrax, then in 1988 they had the trx350 fourtrax and trx350D foreman. these ran all the way up until 1989 in u.s.a. then after 1989, canada started selling them as 1990-1993 , which if you were to go to a dealer in canada ( not sure if they still have them at all there ? ), told them you needed a part for a 1990-1993 trx350 fourtrax-foreman ?, they would not find any part for these years, as honda did not produce any model after 1989 in u.s.a, sooo..you had to tell them your 1993 ( does not exsist ) ( really 1989 ) need a such and such part ?, then they could find it..but !!..by now..this part is discontinued..lol.

• Like 2

86 was 350A only.  You have a 350A.  That is one specific electrical system.  The sticker doesn't have the "A" but it shows up on the model numbers when you're looking at parts schematics.

87 had a 350A and a 350D.  The 87 350A is the same as the 86 350A. 

The 87 350D is an oddball, one year only electrical system.

88-93 350D's had a third electrical system.

Shade pointed out, the early 350A's had some oddball parts up front as well as the different electrical system.

350a.JPG