bigcountry78

Floorboards?

I know this is a controversial topic around here, but I’m looking at putting some floorboards on the rancher. Mainly looking at the strongmade ones. Anyone have any experience, good or bad with these? Any other companies still making floorboards these days? I know they have fallen out of favor now that everything has floorboards from the factory.

Hey BC, dont know if youve checked here, but just to give an idea check this thread out...im a cmp guy myself cambridge metal and plastic made some realy good accessories at one time, i dont know if they still do, but ive managed to find some nos on ebay, one i looked for for the longest is the cmp tube bumper... its posted here as well, lots of old gold in this thread, thanks to the members here in this forums... @Goober is another great member but i cant get holt of him as of yet. 

• Like 1

I’ve looked through the thread but I didn’t see anything for ranchers. I may do some eBay searching to see what else is out there. Google doesn’t bring up much besides strong made.

Strong Made/ Savant is good stuff.   I like the ES floorboards in that they cover better, but the fact that they are plastic means that it's a matter of "when", not "if" that they get busted or fall apart due to age.  Prices keep going up on the OEM ES floorboards, and sooner or later they'll be discontinued, so while the metal ones might be a little pricey, they'll last forever.

• Like 2

Yea I’ve always like the es floorboards, at least the design. I don’t like the plastic. I had a 2000 es back when they first came out, and really liked having the floorboards. The es problems aren’t worth the hassle though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigcountry78 said:

Yea I’ve always like the es floorboards, at least the design. I don’t like the plastic. I had a 2000 es back when they first came out, and really liked having the floorboards. The es problems aren’t worth the hassle though.

My kid's 2005 350 Rancher was an ES.  I converted it to footshift when I rebuilt the engine, so it has the nice ES floorboards.   I went ahead and ordered an extra new set knowing that the current ones won't last forever, and knowing that prices on new Honda parts for older machines go up up up until the part is eventually discontinued.

• Like 1