Len

2001 rubicon es

Hi 

I’m new to the forum and forums in general, but I broke my speedometer on my 2001 rubicon foreman 500 es

and have been waiting for Honda to release the new part for around a year. So my question is is there any other

speed that will fit or is there a repair service if I find a used one that doesn’t work?

thanks 

len

@AKATV might be able to help you.  Does the meter come on at all?  Light up when the headlights are on?  Can you post a pic?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Len said:

Hi 

I’m new to the forum and forums in general, but I broke my speedometer on my 2001 rubicon foreman 500 es

and have been waiting for Honda to release the new part for around a year. So my question is is there any other

speed that will fit or is there a repair service if I find a used one that doesn’t work?

thanks 

len

Welcome to the forum Len !

What jeep said above, - post a picture or two if you can, I might be able to repair it for you depending on what you have going on

Honda is not "releasing" or manufacturing these anymore, a lot of online parts places like Partzilla etc...SAY that they are on back-order and keep pushing the date forward month after month until 12-18 months of waiting they finally say it has been discontinued and no longer being manufactured

I have had 20-30 Customers go through this process- so heads up

-AKATV

Ok thanks for the info,

what happened is the quad did a slow roll over and broke the speedometer and headlight, since then 

the transmission seems stuck in 2nd gear. I’m thinking it cause the speedometer is dead. So I ordered a used one on ebay

cause as you said I’ve been waiting for months for Honda to “release it” lol. So when I get the used one I will see what it does and

then send a picture. Thanks soooo much for the input and help. Jeepwm69 and akatv.

len

• Like 2

OK Len, thanks for the update and let us know how it goes.

-AKATV 

Hi all

i got the used speedo last week and I noticed the led screen looks dark in some places. I plugged it in and it works just hard to see

the display but you can see it if you look carefully. I assume the led scrn can’t be fixed? Thanks for taking the time to try and help out to all!

len

If you can post a picture, I’ll know more about what needs to be repaired

depending on what the issue is I might be able to repair it

-AKATV 

Ok

First 2 pics are lights off

last picture is with lights on

len

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

Here is the pictures of the broken speedometer. Not sure anything can be done with this one? 

image000000.jpeg

image000001.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures
The first one definitely has UV/Sun damage to the LCD display that I can most likely repair. The second one has internal LCD damage is not repairable.

If you’d like to contact me for a repair, I’ll send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

18 hours ago, Len said:

Hi all

i got the used speedo last week and I noticed the led screen looks dark in some places. I plugged it in and it works just hard to see

the display but you can see it if you look carefully. I assume the led scrn can’t be fixed? Thanks for taking the time to try and help out to all!

len

i could be mistaken ? ( happens alot when you get to be my age now ..lol ) but !..i think i have a brand spankin new meter that was bought for this av model somewhere out in my shop ?, i'll have to see if i can locate it, if i can find it ?, i'll let you have it for just under cost from honda, and you pay shipping, if your interested ?, let me know !. p.s. yes, i know these meters are discontinued today !.

• Like 2

Shadtree, my first post here on this forum. I was following the thread about the rubicon meters and stumbled on to your comment about possibly having one! If Len chooses to have his salvage one fixed, I will be interested in the one you have in storage. My rubicon has the “ink blot” on the LCD screen and I am afraid that means non-repairable. PS I’m just up the road from you in Newport, Arkansas. 

On 2/11/2024 at 3:36 PM, shadetree said:

i could be mistaken ? ( happens alot when you get to be my age now ..lol ) but !..i think i have a brand spankin new meter that was bought for this av model somewhere out in my shop ?, i'll have to see if i can locate it, if i can find it ?, i'll let you have it for just under cost from honda, and you pay shipping, if your interested ?, let me know !. p.s. yes, i know these meters are discontinued today !.

Ah ah! 💡😬

On 2/11/2024 at 3:36 PM, shadetree said:

i could be mistaken ? ( happens alot when you get to be my age now ..lol ) 

<<plus 1 

11 hours ago, Co-Jack said:

Shadtree, my first post here on this forum. I was following the thread about the rubicon meters and stumbled on to your comment about possibly having one! If Len chooses to have his salvage one fixed, I will be interested in the one you have in storage. My rubicon has the “ink blot” on the LCD screen and I am afraid that means non-repairable. PS I’m just up the road from you in Newport, Arkansas. 

You are correct that the ink blot is not repairable.  However, post a pic of what you have to make sure.   Best case scenario, AKATV can fix your meter and you can get Shade's for a  spare.

JeepWM69 and AKATV what do you think? I sanded it down with 2000 grit, saw the ink blot and let the wind fall from my sails lol 

IMG_2448.jpeg

• Like 2

The pictures sure to help a lot

I can tell you with 100% certainty that your LCD has failed internally and It is not repairable.

I might be able to source some parts for you

or you might be able to pick up Shadetrees whole assembly (new) if he still has it available

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1