‘87 TRX 350D

Can a carb foul plug?

87 TRX350D won’t start

it was starting and quit

I have spark, I rebuilt carb with allballs kit checked everything twice on carb. It’s flawless ( I think). Every time I go to start it fouls plug with gas. I clean plug and try again and it fouls again

I’ve adjusted valves at 003. Ive readjusted decompression after valves 1/32”-1/8”

If fuel pump has too much p.s.i. Can that be the issue? I did a measurement of fuel per serv. manual. Says run into beaker for 5 seconds and multiply by 12. I get just below 2ounces which equates to somewhere between 18 and 23 ounces. Manual says no more than 11.2 ounces 

can that cause plug fouling? I thought fuel relay would shut pump if carb doesn’t need gas?

anyone have an idea?

You guessed it.... your carb is flooding fuel after you put a china carb kit in the carb. You'll need to remove all of the All Balls carb kit parts and either put all of the original Honda OEM parts back in the carb, or replace them using a genuine Shindy carb kit.

All Balls kits are china garbage and china garbage does not ever work on a Honda.

It sounds like your fuel pump is fine. Let us know how it goes after the china parts are removed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, retro said:

You guessed it.... your carb is flooding fuel after you put a china carb kit in the carb. You'll need to remove all of the All Balls carb kit parts and either put all of the original Honda OEM parts back in the carb, or replace them using a genuine Shindy carb kit.

All Balls kits are china garbage and china garbage does not ever work on a Honda.

It sounds like your fuel pump is fine. Let us know how it goes after the china parts are removed.

Thanks for the reply retro 

so I reinstalled original jets as you suggested I cleaned spark plug again and started but it only lasted about 10 seconds and died. Pulled spark plug and again it was fouled from gas. 
should I try a hotter plug? I am using

NGK DR8-ESL plug? If so what number plug is hotter?

thanks again

Also searched Shindy and it says for the 1987 Honda TRX350D Foreman it would take

Shindy kit #03-023 when I search that kit Amazon says that kit won’t fit my 87 TRX350D

that makes no sense

Use a stock NGK spark plug. It sounds like your float valve is leaking causing it to flood. The Shindy kit for your '87 TRX350D is #03-023 according to Shindy. Jeep beat me to it....

https://www.shindypro.com/product-page/carburetor-repair-kits

A Shindy kit should fix it unless your fuel pump isn't shutting off. You can test that by plugging the fuel hose and turn the key on. The pump should run briefly then shut down at about 5 PSI or so.

which kit is best, just courious