Crutch174

New Member, free quad!

Hi, I received a 01 Honda foreman rubicon 500 from family, they owen a off road park and couple of motocross tracks, this quad has been sitting for two years, got her going and slowly going through it, it's main use will be for hunting because I'm not getting any younger and dragging a deer out when the crops are in is no fun! 

Welcome to the honda forum, if you take care of your bike it will last a long time and drag out lots of deer...

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

You're in a great place to help get your Rubicon fixed up and running great

Post a few pics when you can -we love pictures!

Hope to see you around,

-AKATV

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I use to be a mechanic at a Honda shop and quit in 01, my brother in-law got this quid from the same shop before I left and know it's mine lol. The only pictures I have so far, my nephew's must of hit a tree the center was a v when I got it, so I made this bumper when I installed the winch, will share some more pics when I get it back together, got the top end apart.

20240124_235537.jpg

48 minutes ago, Crutch174 said:

Thanks guys, I use to be a mechanic at a Honda shop and quit in 01, my brother in-law got this quid from the same shop before I left and know it's mine lol. The only pictures I have so far, my nephew's must of hit a tree the center was a v when I got it, so I made this bumper when I installed the winch, will share some more pics when I get it back together, got the top end apart.

20240124_235537.jpg

oh look...it's ole yeller !..lol. this an automatic/es ?..or manual shift ?..i'd rather not mess with auto's and es's..they..well...suck !..lol. and for the record ? : there is not such thing as free ?, trust me..one way or another...its gonna cost you to ride it !!..lol.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.  If you’re going into the engine Honda updated the oil pump sometime in 2004.

The early Hondamatics got a bad rep due to the early oil pumps.  The later style oil pump and Hondamatics had a much better track record.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

oh look...it's ole yeller !..lol. this an automatic/es ?..or manual shift ?..i'd rather not mess with auto's and es's..they..well...suck !..lol. and for the record ? : there is not such thing as free ?, trust me..one way or another...its gonna cost you to ride it !!..lol.

You got that right about not free, I haven't had it 6 months yet and it's adding up fast lol. Yes it's a automatic/ es, that will be something I need to try fixing, I think I got a bad shift fork 

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Welcome aboard.  If you’re going into the engine Honda updated the oil pump sometime in 2004.

The early Hondamatics got a bad rep due to the early oil pumps.  The later style oil pump and Hondamatics had a much better track record.

Thanks I will keep that in mind when I go into that part of the motor 

Welcome to the forums, Crutch, might also check out the Chat room .... when ya get time..... to get in click the chat button on the tool bar (pic) up top ^^^^ .... then you see this (pic) click on coffee time chat room and your there... most times we are there at about 7 pm cdt.... and on the weekend its opl (on patrol live) night... open 25/8 for you parking / lurking needs.....    

IMG_8941.PNG

IMG_8942.PNG

IMG_7052.JPG

IMG_8681.PNG