BC-Buck

ATV vacations (Favorite places - suggestions)

Was thinking of taking vacation some ware new to do some riding. Live in MO and not sure which direction to go. Michigan offers trails as long as 4000 mi but bet mosquitos could be bad. Utah looks to have much riding areas and looks to be scenic. Hatfield and MaCoy keeps popping up on internet in West Virginia as popular atv destination. Any experience or suggestions. Not a Facebook kind of guy but is it a place to be looking for ideas?

No idea.  I think I'd be looking out west where @Freedomflyer is, as there is much, much more publicly owned land out West, and the weather would likely be milder.

• Like 1

If you live in Missouri I would suggest South Dakota. Close option for you. Plenty of info on the Internet. Upper Peninsula of Michigan is great and very scenic. From Ironwood up to Copper Harbor there are miles of great trails. There is not as much riding in Montana as you would think. Tons of private land and lots of Forest Service land with restrictions against motorized use. Most opportunities are located in northern Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota and South Dakota. To your west and southwest there are quite a few other options.

14 hours ago, PROV said:

If you live in Missouri I would suggest South Dakota. Close option for you. Plenty of info on the Internet. Upper Peninsula of Michigan is great and very scenic. From Ironwood up to Copper Harbor there are miles of great trails. There is not as much riding in Montana as you would think. Tons of private land and lots of Forest Service land with restrictions against motorized use. Most opportunities are located in northern Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota and South Dakota. To your west and southwest there are quite a few other options.

Will look into South Dakota. Nothing popped up earlier but will give good search. Upper Michigan looks good.  Kewcenaw, and Houghton challenging trails and extrema weather. Not sure what they mean by that.

The Keeweena Peninsula to Houghton area trails generally follow the old railroad and trails that served the old copper mines. Can be hilly, rocky, windy and some water holes. My son married a gal from there and has rode it several times. Weather-wise it is surrounded on 3 sides by Lake Superior so the conditions can be variable. It's very pretty. South Dakota riding is quite popular around the Black Hills area.

• Like 1

retro lives up there in the U P where you are looking at so may have some thoughts or ideas......

• Like 1