ATC4ever

New Rubicon 700

Looks like they dumped a Rincon motor in the 520.

1rub7.jpg

Yeah I saw that.  Still no powersteering or diff lock though, and still the same Rincon engine we've had since 2006, so pretty much only an update on the plastics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No diff lock ? And I take it all autos ? Might as well call it a new style OVER priced golf cart….  

• Haha 1

I wonder if the shocks are updated to the Rubi? That was my only peeve on the Rincon...

Did you own one atc ? I only test drove one… just a few months before that showroom 300 showed up at lj’s …. I was not impressed much… great brakes and powerful …but too much give and body role in all that independent suspension… couldn’t ride on some of the places and hills we have here and it sure wont touch a 300 for handling .. especially if the 300 4wd has a wide open front shaft disconnect…i spent a few years riding goober and shades fave model… trx350 (tank) (front and rear axles are both straight).. ride one of those for a few years …then stopped looking after the 300 ..and its caddy compared to ALSO the old Trx250a … imo i think the sport bikes are the ones that require such agile suspension … i believe they mess up when trying to combine the two styles … thats just my thinking…but I’m just a dumb old country boy. lol!       

Edited by _Wilson_™

Ive had both styles, but really the only complaint i had with the Rincon was the shocks. I bought some Elka shocks for it & paid a lot for them, they were WAYYY too rough, Even the new Rubicon 500 i had before that (modern version) was nicer to ride, tho back to back with my buds new base model BF750 it wasnt as nice a ride.

• Thanks 1

Was under the impression that it was a Rincon with Rubicon plastics.  

Does it have the Rincon transmission or the DCT?

• Like 1

Looked at it again and it was as I thought … same old tired platform with Rubicon plastics.  

I think there is too much market confusion between Rincon and Recon names … even my dealer gets confused.  

Key word is AUTOMATIC, the others are AUTOMATIC DCT which are the typical Rubicon models we are familiar with.  

Changing one confusion for another.  🙄

FourTrax Rubicon 4x4 Automatic
Automatic with hydraulic torque converter; three forward gears, reverse, and electronic controls

Edited by Currently
  • Like 2

Yea it says in the actual ad its a 3 speed. It worked ok for me, & the neighbour had a 650 carb that he put a gas powered snowblower on the front. Seemed to work good with that weight to push. Even the same gear shifter! 😮 

Edited by ATC4ever

They are a Rincon with Rubicon plastics half ! mated to them. It still has some Rincon styling cues. The first time I saw it I first thought someone had welded the back end of a Rincon to a solid axle Foreman as an IRS conversion. 

The Rincon was a great machine in it's own right, thinking back to 2003 when they were new, even the 680's around 2006 were still very competitive. The ride and handling is unmatched IMO, they feel very nice to ride on trails. But that was a long time ago. The industry has left them well behind. Even Hondas own 500 Rubicon is a far better machine. 

• Like 3