AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you’ve done some good troubleshooting. I’ll send my direct contact information to your message box and I’ll help you get it sorted out.

-AKATV

On 3/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, retro said:

Very nice work AKATV!

I am working on a 2005 TRX400FGA with around 300 miles on it. Got it running fine but sun damaged display screen. I bought one on Ebay but I apparently damaged it trying to install it. I would like it repaired if I can

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forum!
Let me see a few pictures of of what you have going on and I can better let you know what needs to be done
The 400 FGA screen is a hard one to come by

What was wrong with the first one and what do you think happened to the second one?

what are they doing exactly

I will send my contact information to your message box as well
-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

I know this is bumping a 4 year old thread but are you still doing repairs? I would direct message you but apparently I can't since I'm new. It's a 2006 TRX350TE. Does need circuit board repaired amd a new screen.

Hi welcome to the forum!
You don’t have to bump four-year-old thread that’s for sure lol -there’s plenty of threads on here for repairs, but it doesn’t matter I get the message anyways

I’ll send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me for a repair

in the mean meantime, take a look around and Introduce yourself in the new members thread and don’t forget to download a service manual from our free digital library if you need one

Talk to you soon

-AKATV

Hello looking for a screen repair please for my Honda Foreman 450

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I RECEIVED your private message in regards to your screen replacement and have replied to it.
If I can help with anything else, just let me know

-AKATV

In regards to your question about repairing speedometer on the 450 Honda, I would highly recommend AKATV to get it repaired. I tried for several months to try to get mine repaired and ended up sending it to. AK ATV. THE TURNAROUND TIME WAS PHENOMENALLY GOOD AND THE PRICE WAS VERY FAIR FOR ALL HE DID. HE GUARANTEES HIS WORK AND DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB.

POPS 22

• Thanks 1

Agreed, he repaired mine then the board went bad and he fixed that as well. Customer service is outstanding and he does good work. He also took the time to explain the process and the failure points. 

• Thanks 1

Hoping you're still doing the speedometer repair. I have a 98 Foreman..

Please send me your info. 

PXL_20240817_012601922.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240817_012622319.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240817_013319584.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

• Haha 1

Welcome 

Thats a pretty cooked 450S for sure!

Contact info sent

-AKATV

On 8/16/2024 at 9:12 PM, AKATV said:

Welcome 

Thats a pretty cooked 450S for sure!

Contact info sent

-AKATV

That said, is that just completely baked film, so you can fix it?

Posted (edited)

He’s already got this packed up and on its way to me , If it’s just the film, I can repair it for sure
Won’t really know till we get the film off if he’s got the internal failure black spots on there, but it looks pretty good from first impressions

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

Ah ha... This must be the AKATV that someone at the HondaATVforums told me to get in contact with. 

So, I have a 2003 Rancher 350ES, it rolled into a pond and the display no longer functions, so the shift buttons also don't work. Is that something you can potentially repair? Would be real nice to get the display and everything functioning correctly again. 

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

If your machine was sunk, I’m sure you have more than one issue going on

Once you get water inside the speedometers and it sits for a period of time, it pretty much destroys the circuit card

Get that top cover off and get a few pictures of what you have going on
Your machine should still shift electronically.
The ECU system will shut off electric shifting if it does not get the speed signal which is routed through the speedometer, but it should start shifting again once you turn the key off and then back on

-AKATV

• Thanks 1

Maybe a little more going on with it then, it'll shift fine using a rod in the side if the transmission. I'll grab some pictures and send them over to the contact you sent me, might be a few days, but hopefully it's not irreparable. 

I have a98 Honda foreman 4x4s that need display repair? Can someone help? Please send me your info.

IMG_3166.jpeg

Edited by Justboerd

Welcome to the forum
Is it showing any sign of display around the edges at all? Can you turn the headlights on so it’s illuminated and remove the top cover so we can get a better look at what’s going on? I just want to make sure your circuit card is functional

-AKATV

Hello, Ive got a 98 trx450es speedo needing LCD repaired, please let me know what your rate is and how to get started.

Welcome to the forum Justboard!
Is it showing any sign of display around the edges at all? Can you turn the headlights on so it’s illuminated and remove the top cover so we can get a better look at what’s going on? I just want to make sure your circuit card is functional

-AKATV

32 minutes ago, Geo said:

Hello, Ive got a 98 trx450es speedo needing LCD repaired, please let me know what your rate is and how to get started.

Welcome to the forum Geo

It really depends on what all you have going on,

if you could post a picture with your headlights turned on so the display is illuminated and a little description of what the issue is I can more accurately let you know what needs to be repaired 

I will send my contact information to your message box if you would like to contact me directly for a repair

-AKATV