AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, I am currently still repairing these.
I will send my contact information to your message box.

-AKATV 

Hi 

Welcome to the forum!

I will send my contact information to your message box

Hope to see you around the forum

-AKATV

Hey AKATV, I have a 2003 TRX450FM that the meter doesn’t seem to be working on. Can you fix this? Thank you. 

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Post a picture or two with 

headlights on so its illuminated 

(if powering up)

I will send contact information to your 

message box for you as well 

-AKATV 

Here's a pic...I believe this may be irreparable, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  It's from a Foreman 99 450s that is a complete basket case.  Kids, never buy from Marketplace at night, no matter how good the deal sounds! 🙂 

There was no back on the PCB housing at all...it was held into the front of the pod by 14g wires strategically tied to the 4 phillips screws, just dangling in space by tension!

I also picked up some OEM connectors and pins, because I was pretty sure I was going to need to Mad Max something, and I was hoping to just trace pin-outs to something else that had the same signaling that wasn't made for a Foreman.  Ideally, I'd be able to get MPH and gear position....that's all I really want.  The backllght on this does work, as does the round LEDs, so that gives me hope that I could meter the pins and try to figure out what's going on to wire in a Chinese generic display or even an arduino.

Anyway, AKATV, is this one beyond repair?  Has anyone figured out the wiring to hack in a non-Honda display?

speedo.jpg

The black ink type mark on the LCD is non-repairable it’s permanent and is actually internal damage

Your circuit card doesn’t show any obvious signs of water damage or anything else
Make sure you have power on the black/red wire in the brown/black wire using green as ground with key on and see if it powers up then

if so, then you only need to work on getting a replacement display

Let me know how you make out and I’ll send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into a repair

-AKATV 

Edited by AKATV

Thanks AK.  Any leads on replacement displays?  I'm assuming these are proprietary and there's no NOS ones out there.  Aside from the display, everything works as expected on mine, so yeh, the board is solid.

OK so what you’re saying is your board powers up and works just fine and displays properly except for the black spot- is that correct?

Honda never sold the display separately from the speedometer assembly. It was all one unit and they were discontinued many years ago.

The foreman 450 S model displays were prone to this internal failure, causing the black spots more than any other model so even when you can find one in working condition usually the display is bad so they are a little trickier to come across them in good working condition
I might be able to source a used working LCD display for you if you’d like to contact me for a repair I sent my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum!
I will send my contact information to your message box and you can send me the details. Hopefully I can get you taken care of.

-AKATV 

1 hour ago, BearedUmpire87 said:

Hey @AKATV, Can ya help here? 2000 Foreman TRX450 with ES.

PXL_20240306_134055193.MP.jpg

PXL_20240306_150452233.MP.jpg

PXL_20240306_150457750.MP.jpg

PXL_20240306_150506442.MP.jpg

that cover should clean up with a headlight polishing kit.

pretty sure AKATV can fix your actual screen

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

I concur with Jeep above, a light polishing will take care of that top cover and make it as clear as new

I can repair your polarizing films and back light filter on your display so it will look original as well

I will send my contact information to your message box

Hope to see you around the forum!

-AKATV

I would like too contact you about repairs on a 37200-HN0-670 METER ASSY., COMBINATION (MPH) if you will message me when you get a chance 

Welcome to the forum!

Sure no problem, I will send my contact information to your message box

Post a picture or two and a few details about what you have going on

-AKATV

I have 2002 Honda Foreman 450S with bad display. Can you repair if I send it to you?

Welcome to the forum!

I can get you taken care of.

I’ll send my contact information to your message box.

-AKATV 

Just picked up a new to us 02 Foreman 450s, is going to be a project for my 16 year old and me. Can I get some help with a no display screen?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new (to you) Honda!

Post a picture or two here and I can help you sort it out

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

Another new guy here. I actually found the forum looking for info on display issues on a 2002 Rancher 350. Mine could use some help. Backlight works but nothing else is there. 

Hi and welcome to the forum!

post a few pictures of what you have and we can get you sorted out. If you’d like to contact me for a repair I’ll send my direct contact to your message box.
-AKATV 

Got 98 Foreman 450 ES.  Boys in the shop have narrowed it down to this issue.  They have no idea how to fix it.  If I get my rig back, I can send the assembly to you and that’s what you do?  Sign me up please.  Been without my machine for 3 months.

Welcome to the forum!

Post a few pictures of it if you can and maybe a few details- do you know if it has water damage internally, or anything like that?

What’s the history of the machine? Do you know if the display has ever worked or when it stopped working?

I’ll send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV