AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Thank you so much AKATV! I got the meter installed and it works fantastic and the speed of service was amazing! From the day I shipped it out to being back in my hands was less then 7 days! 

20230924_145451.jpg

IMG_20230913_182804_01.jpg

IMG_20230913_182936_01.jpg

IMG_20230913_201440.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum!

I’m sure I can get you taken care of no problem
I’ll send my contact information to your message box and you can send me a few pictures and we can take it from there

-AKATV

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

You can contact me here or if you’d like to look into a repair I can send my direct contact information to your message box

-AKATV

Glad you see you are still active and do LCD screen replacements. Going to message you shortly to see about repairing my TRX350FE screen.

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds good. I’ll wait till I hear from you. Send a few pictures. It’s quite helpful.

-AKATV

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

Let me know what you have going on and

send a picture or two with your speedometer powered up and your headlights turned on so the display is illuminated. I will send my contact information to your message box 

-AKATV

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, once you slightly chip or crack the thin contact areas on the side of the glass when you remove the polarizing film, the LCD is ruined.

It cannot be repaired and has to be replaced

-AKATV 

The part can be replaced
It was never sold individually by Honda for a replacement

The only individual component that was sold for the speedometers was the top cover

Any other parts or pieces have to be sourced from another speedometer

Depending on what you have going on, I might be able to repair it if it’s just polarization film damage

or if you need me to source an LCD, I can most likely do that as well

If you’d like to contact me, I’ll send you my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

32 minutes ago, RONEHUGHES said:

Can the lcd be replaced? Is there a part still being made? 

Gotta find an old meter with an unbroken LCD

AKATV tries to hoard broken meters but most people toss non-working meters, or he's able to fix them.

What you need is one with a good LCD but that has water damage to the board so AKATV can't fix it.

Buck25

Welcome to the forum!

I know you had to make a post so you could contact me for help but at least say Hi to everyone and introduce yourself to the forum or tell us what you have going on or with your speedometer or what ATV  you’re working on ..etc…. instead of just spam posting the forum with a senseless post so that you can send a direct message…

don’t take it the wrong way, we’re definitely here to help out members-but not moderate and clean up spam messages etc

I sent my contact information to your message box in  reply to your private message

-AKATV 

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Buck25

Welcome to the forum!

I know you had to make a post so you could contact me for help but at least say Hi to everyone and introduce yourself to the forum or tell us what you have going on or with your speedometer or what ATV  you’re working on ..etc…. instead of just spam posting the forum with a senseless post so that you can send a direct message…

don’t take it the wrong way, we’re definitely here to help out members-but not moderate and clean up spam messages etc

-AKATV 

Hello y'all!  Thank you very much 😊.   And yes I posted just so I could contact "AKATV".  I AM %100 American human that needs parts for a 24 year old Honda atv.  Thank all of y'all for forums like this. 👍 

Edited by Buck25
  • Like 1

No problem-I replied to your private message and sent you my contact information as well
-AKATV

• Like 2

On 3/7/2020 at 1:57 PM, AKATV said:

I just finished repairing a speedometer display with heavy sun UV burnout for our member LedFTed this morning

I wanted to show results of UV damage repair, other than the reprogramming that I do

Before and after pics below-

my phone reflection in 2nd picture- not screen defect .....😊

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

I need a quote for the same thing and turns around time and 

Welcome to the forum!

I sent my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me for speedometer repair

-AKATV

• Like 1

Hello I just bought a 2002 foreman 450 es that has the odometer and hrs reading the 999999. It had a dead battery and been sitting for 4 years. From what I'm reading AKATV can help with this. Is this something that can be sent to me via email and then I can upload it myself?

6 hours ago, Goose said:

Hello I just bought a 2002 foreman 450 es that has the odometer and hrs reading the 999999. It had a dead battery and been sitting for 4 years. From what I'm reading AKATV can help with this. Is this something that can be sent to me via email and then I can upload it myself?

Hi Goose  m welcome to the forum , @AKATV is the Display Guru ---- I  just called him for you 

• Thanks 1