AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

10 hours ago, Goose said:

Hello I just bought a 2002 foreman 450 es that has the odometer and hrs reading the 999999. It had a dead battery and been sitting for 4 years. From what I'm reading AKATV can help with this. Is this something that can be sent to me via email and then I can upload it myself?

Hi, welcome to the forum!

In order to reprogram the speedometer, you have to remove the EEPROM chip from the circuit board which generally involves using a hot air soldering station, then you have to use an EEPROM reader and programming  software in order to read the old data, erase it, and then program the new data set onto the chip and then remount the chip onto the board.

If you are familiar with EEPROM programming, just let me know, If not, I’ll send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into having it done.

-AKATV 

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

@AKATV are you still repairing these digital displays? I have a 2000 foreman 450 es with a faded display. It seems to work well except for the film appears to be faded.

Welcome to the forum!

I am still repairing the speedometers for the Rancher 350 and Foreman 450 models

I will send contact info to your message box if you would to look into a repair

AKATV

Hi, the screen on my 2000 honda foreman 450es has recently gone blank. Back lights up but nothing displaying. It went blank after I managed to short 2 wires near the battery, dont ask! Have checked fuses etc and still getting power at the display connector but can't get it working... any ideas?

Welcome to the forum!

You need power at two wires to fully power up  The meter, with the key on you need to make sure you have power at the red wire and the black with brown tracer wire using green as ground.
You can take the top cover off the speedometer and check it there and if you have it there you’re good if you don’t, you want to check it out at the lower speedometer plug, which is a little more difficult to get to
Let us know what you find out

-AKATV

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! So I have 12.2v both wires at the connector on the back of the circuit board and 12.3v both wires at the plug beneath the fuel tank. Is there a way of testing the connection from board to the screen? Or any other ideas?

If you have power at the connector at the speedometer, you might want to unplug and check the pins to make sure they are present or you didn’t burn one of the pins

Also, check power at other side of board st the soldered plug pin, sometimes they fracture at the joint and only have power on one side 

-AKATV

Just checked both sides of the board at the soldered plug pin, reading 12.2v both sides so I'm guessing the issue must be at the contact points to the lcd? Would just send it to you but I'm over in the UK...

You might have some luck if you check eBay or similar for your region?

if not, you might be able to take your circuit card to a local electronic shop and have them troubleshoot the power circuit

-AKATV

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I will send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

Hi AKATV, I'm a new member here so I was not able to message you directly. I am in need of your expertise in the repair of my 2000 Honda Foreman 450es speedometer screen. Is this something you can fix with the condition it's in?  Thanks, Adam.   

2000 Honda Foreman 450es Screen.JPG

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I can repair your speedometer, it looks like you have polarization fill my back light filter damage from UV/Sun exposure for 20+ years
If you’d like to contact me for a repair, I’ll send my information to your message box

Don’t forget to stop in to the new member area and say “Hi” to everyone and download a free service manual for your ATV from our digital library

-AKATV 

Welcome to the forum and happy holidays!

Looks like you have pretty standard polarization film and backlight filter damage from UV/sunlight over 20 years. It can be repaired though, and if you’d like to contact me for a repair, I’ll send my contact information to your message box.

Hope to see you around the forum. 
-AKATV

On 3/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, AKATV said:

I just finished repairing a speedometer display with heavy sun UV burnout for our member LedFTed this morning

I wanted to show results of UV damage repair, other than the reprogramming that I do

Before and after pics below-

my phone reflection in 2nd picture- not screen defect .....😊

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

Can u send me email I need my screen fixed [email protected]

Welcome to the forum!

Let me know your year, make and model, and what you have going on, maybe post a few pictures of it with your headlights on, so that the display is illuminated would be helpful in determining what repairs you need

I will send my contact information to your message box as well as your email

-AKATV 

How do I get a phone number to place order not familiar with website..confusing.. I need to send you my speedometer to get where I can see info on it

Edited by Aniva Roman