AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Update.....I sent my combination meter (speedometer) to AKATV and I couldn't be happier. With the speedo now working, this has totally cured shifting issues and other minor hiccups engine related. If anyone is having mysterious driveability problems, and the speedo doesn't work,  I strongly recommend getting it fixed. The service this gentleman provides is impeccable. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got my machine back from the shop. (98 Foreman 450 ES)

When it went in, the ignition worked and the display would light up and register the appropriate numbers/letters.

It would turn over.  It had spark.  It had compression. It would not start.

The shop had it for over 3 months chasing the issue around.

They put in a new ignition module and pulled the speedometer module.  They swear it's the display/speedometer module, but they cant find one.

They assured me it is generating spark (I need to check manually still), they did not know if it had compression (it did, but i cant check it now, it will not turn over, manually by myself...how do i do that?)

I got my machine back.  The speedometer module has clearly been disassembled and tampered with, plug broken.  It no longer works.  Screen does not even light up.

Probably because the ignition no longer works.  It's dead to the world.

Any suggetions out there from Foreman land?

Thanks, JD

IMG_0636.jpeg

Glad to see you made it over here, welcome to the forum!

Seeing how these will run without a meter even plugged up to the machine, the mystery deepens

If this was a Honda dealership and they broke your meter plug because they did not know how to get it apart,

that alone speaks volumes about their service and technical proficiency.

I would be hitting them up for the cost of a replacement plug and or meter or see what they are willing to do

I can repair it for you anyways, but it wont impede function the way it is, you just need need to keep it waterproof for now

As far as you ATV issues at this point  we need to confirm, that you have spark, fuel, and compression

Other members will be along to help soon as well

-AKATV

• Like 1