AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

The after pic I took does not do it justice, I sent the speedometer for my 2000 Honda Foremen 450es to AKATV all the way up to Alaska and he over delivered what he promised! The display comes back looking like the original new one from all those years ago! So if you were like me, struggling to see what gear your in etc. send that old, sun beaten screen up to AKATV and within about a week you will be reinstalling that speedometer and wondering why you hadn't done it sooner!! Cheers. 

Honda Formen display before.JPG

Honda Foreman display after.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aniva Roman said:

Need speedometer went black lights turn on and you see half 

Post a picture or two so that we can see what’s going on
I will send my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

Hi all! New here, I just picked up an 04 Honda Foreman 450 ES and the display seems pretty burnt in, so I can't see much. Any guidance on getting this repaired?MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I do a lot of repairs on these particular speedometers.
If you would like to contact me directly I will send my contact information to your message box.

Take some time to look around  the time forum and don’t forget to download a service manual for your ATV if you need one from our free digital library

Hope to see you around the forum!

-AKATV 

• Like 1

Does 2004 TRX400FGA and 2004 TRX500FGA instrument clusters share the same LCD display ?
I see bare LCD displays available in the Internet (Ebay). Looking for cheap way of repairing display in my trx500 odo.
image.pngimage.png

Edited by ChrisX

Some more of those bad China parts…

be careful as  I’ve had a couple customers already purchase these trying to fix their rancher 400 displays

One customers worked for a week and then went blank
The other one developed big black spots that you couldn’t see through

i’m not sure  the Rubicon will interchange with the Ranchers I’ve never had a chance to try it out

Let me know if they do
-AKATV 

• Like 1

You’re gonna need to have the whole LCD assembly replaced it’s been cracked and has internal failure
I’ll send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into a repair

-AKATV

I’ve got a 98 450s and I need my screen repaired as well.  I would love to get this done. Joined the site just in order to get in contact with you about this. Let me know how I get my speedometer to you and what not. Thank you very much. 

Welcome to the forum!

I will send my direct contact information to your message box

Post a few pictures if you can, it really helps a lot in determining what repairs you need

Hope to see you around the forum

-AKATV

Thanks for the pictures. It’s hard to tell with the top cover on if you have an LCD failure or just need your polarization films and backlight filter replaced on the LCD.

The foreman 450 S models are quite prone to having an internal LCD failure that causes a big black splotch that you can’t see through

It’s non-repairable and the whole LCD assembly needs to be replaced
It might help to remove the top cover to get a better look, as you would have to do that to send me the circuit card and display anyways 

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

Good morning from Wisconsin.

I have a 2004 Honda Foreman 450ES 4x4.

The Gear indication on the digital display has been gone now for quite some time.

Neutral and reverse lights work, shifts fine, but will not show what gear you are in.

Also, hours and miles are inaccurate, and the Speedometer will read up to 85mph in 5th gear which would be really moving on this old rig.

Is this something you can repair?

If you could provide me a quote that would be great.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Andy

20240202_101711.jpg

20240202_101718.jpg

Hi, I am new to the page. I have a 01 honda rubicon that needs meter assembly worked on. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I do a lot of work on these speedometers and if you’d like to contact me for a repair, I  will send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

It really depends on what problems are you having with the display?
If you post a few pictures, I can better let you know how I can help you

I sent my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

On 2/2/2024 at 11:08 AM, AKATV said:

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I do a lot of work on these speedometers and if you’d like to contact me for a repair, I  will send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

On 2/2/2024 at 2:52 PM, AKATV said:

It really depends on what problems are you having with the display?
If you post a few pictures, I can better let you know how I can help you

I sent my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

its been so long since you fixed mine. i cover the screen with plastic ect., and the last time i looked, it was still working. the 2000 atv has been sitting many years, without attention enough to fix it, so my work is cut out. just glad i found you when i did.  //ed

• Thanks 1

Can you send me your contact info? I would like to send you my 2000 Foreman 450ES speedo for LCD screen sun burn out repair.

Thank you!

Hi, welcome to the forum

You’re in a great place to fix up your foreman 450, lots of owners and. riders here

I have sent my contact information

to your message box

Hope to see you around the forum!

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1