Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

WOW , I like the looks of this one !! Next project : maybe a 1957 Indian replica  

image.png

• Like 4

On 11/27/2020 at 7:48 AM, LedFTed said:

that rabbit died a long time ago. 🙂

The Bunny is alive and well , he does commercials now days !!!   

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

may take a v-twin for that monster, i like this one, from what i have found out they were used in military service, this might be an exact model. 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

This is what I'll be converting next. Got the bike but have yet to order the motor kit. Too many other projects to finish up first.

Indian replica would be super cool. A Schwinn beach cruiser would be neat as well.

download.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 9:28 AM, Fishfiles said:

The Bunny is alive and well , he does commercials now days !!!   

not when i see em in the woods. Food for Buzzards.

Not so many commercials. i think the off-spring are dieing as well..

was a time the name meant something..

Edited by LedFTed

The work table is almost clear of parts , got the front fender cut and painted 

Relocated the air cleaner , kind of a snorkel job , to get it out the way for the rear fender and away from the tire throwing up dirt , used a piece of old radiator hose for that 

DwOx4t3AQYWGmRwaa+Gqtw.jpg

EkGpaWWZSh+P8qzr13Wdbw.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/1/2020 at 6:58 AM, oh400ex said:

This is what I'll be converting next. Got the bike but have yet to order the motor kit. Too many other projects to finish up first.

Indian replica would be super cool. A Schwinn beach cruiser would be neat as well.

download.jpg

That is a good looking bike , really like the big tires  , BUT , looks like the frame would be  tight for a engine to fit in there 

• Like 1

Was looking back thru some pics and found this jewel , LOL , it was for sale at the flea market a while back for $100 , it's got the " Sugar Daddy " springer front forks , ape hanger bars , banana seat , WOW , LOL 

IMG_8483.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

might be a retore for your grand kids later on down the road ? or, just a collectible, i like it, i just wander if it's still there, or has someone got it for the same idea, I'd say you can't beat, $100 for a bike with mods like that. 

No that bike was sold for $100 by George that same weekend , the other one at the flea market I pic'ed with one red and one white tire was sold for $500 by Jermey , he was asking $600  , I couldn't believe that someone gave $500 for it , but my buddy Andy was standing next to him when he sold it and I believe Andy  --- I told Jermey I'd want a  $1,000 for mine 

I am working on the rear fender now , trim and mount the chain guard and I am finished 

Can you believe this one went for $500 ? 

SnPcInm9TeSU2YxTZUJtPg.jpg

• Like 4

oh, i gotcha, wow, $500 .... I'd say yours would bring more then a $1000, not to knock the other one, but just a tad too much black tape, (instead of legit mounting brackets)  and the red front wheel ? 

On 12/8/2020 at 6:10 AM, Fishfiles said:

The work table is almost clear of parts , got the front fender cut and painted 

Relocated the air cleaner , kind of a snorkel job , to get it out the way for the rear fender and away from the tire throwing up dirt , used a piece of old radiator hose for that 

DwOx4t3AQYWGmRwaa+Gqtw.jpg

EkGpaWWZSh+P8qzr13Wdbw.jpg

i knew y'd get around to a snorkel sooner or later. lol

• Like 1

Got a new tool , should have stuck it in the tool thread , but here it is in use , Ryobi rechargeable 18volt variable speed ,   flexible shaft die grinder , came with an assortment of attachment , got it for $60 with shipping , great tool , quickly cleaned up some acorn nuts to stick on the rear fender project --- I see pretental for this tool , at work and play 

fullsizeoutput_dde.jpeg

rvCxJY9rRPmzsgGMhPsWyA.jpg

• Like 4

Got the fenders painted black and on , chain guard mounted ,  a battery powered LED tail light , tire pump , water bottle and might win a bid on this tool kit tube that fits into a water bottle carrier , and mount it right next to that water bottle 

rj09km%tTGuUl4GyXFw9pQ.jpg

cpYwTAD+TKmr3oxdwVCbiQ.jpg

image.png

• Like 1

You know Wilson, as far as next project goes with me , the projects usually  find me ---- but , this XL250 is something I been wanting to finish , since I been on the two wheel kick lately, it fits right in , or should I go two wheels  then three wheels , should would like to do a rad ATC250ES  ----  the LX250 case needs to be split , output shaft changed then the jack shaft redesigned , I have all the engine job parts , got new chains and sprockets , might need some jack shaft parts fabricated at the machine shop , should be a low budget project and that bike will be 49 years old this year , get it ready for the Big 50 

still waiting on that tool /storage tube ^^^^ that fits in the drink holder rack ,  got the second drink holder mounted for the tube  to slide into  , would have looked better with them holders closer together , was thinking they would be wiggly and put them against the rack post , but they are solid 

HXbKWqr9S0SfFhWSP3ZbVw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_deb.jpeg

• Like 2

if you already have the xl250, it's just me, but, I'd do that one, it would be a first rebuild on the forums (for that rare one) for one just about to turn 50. just my take on it. also came across something you might use of the scooter. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Your lil' motorbike project looks great Fish. The XL 250 looks like it would turn out nice & be a lot of fun too.

• Like 1

Thanks Retro 

The  weather was great yesterday evening , started off chili 48 , made it up to 65 , took a ride and put 11 miles on it, it is running good 

Got a vintage looking front headlight suppose to arrive today and the tool tube Thursday 

Another couple of mods I would like to do is a choke cable on the handle bars and turn that aluminum compartment on the rear rack into a locking storage box 

JwikOcCYTLm2IPkZt0E4Fg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_dfa.jpeg

image.png

image.png

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TBRider said:

You did a nice job on your project fish...

Thanks TB' , it has been fun building and it is fun to ride ---- 

• Like 1