Now that my quad is done for the year, I’ve been thinking about my plans... 

- Re-Bedline Rims

- New ITP steel rims with SwampLites (keep Zillas too)

- Novus Polish the plastics

- Implement paint the racks, bumpers

- New rear seat for the wife (just rear box rite now) 

- Go over quad front to back, all new fluids ect. Re-examine the pilot jet issue..

- New side “355” decals 

- Figure out 424 issue. Clicks in 4x4

& what ever may come to mind.. want er 110% ready earlier than last year. Put a lot of miles on this year & worked er hard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i must have missed the post about the 424 issue, what's going on with it ? 

No, didn’t miss issue.. I’ve just never really said much about it. I’m baffled. In 4 wheel drive, every oh say 5-10 seconds I get a loud “click” & handle bars pull when this happens. If I’m balls to the wall like I was towing the Polaris out of bush I didn’t notice it. But just cruising, loud click n pull..

• Thanks 1

Is the front of the 424 pushed in the front diff , it may have backed out from a weak spring or the 424 anti-rotation strap is holding it back , then the splines will be pulled away , take a bar against the frame to the 424 housing and try to pry to the front and see how much it moves ----   then another thing it could just be you need a cable adjustment 

I just remembered you are running a locker up front , eh ??? 

• Like 2

yup^^^  I'm thinking about that anti wrap strap, not only does is help resist the unit turned, but also holds it from sliding back and forth, did you have this issue before you put that locker in the front differential. 

• Like 2

agree'd..didn't ya install a locker in the front diff ??. if so ?..then stop '' tweaking '' it !!!..lol. oem is tried and proven.

• Like 2

Yes I installed a locker. 

I don’t think I had this issue until the cable popped out again & I had to fix it in the bush. So I possibly may not have cable adjusted properly from what was mentioned. I’ll have to look into this. 

@shadetree sorry modified is my middle name. Everything including all my guns are modified.. nothing stays stock.. lol. You restore  beat up quads, & I modify them. Ride hard, put away clean & well maintained. Hahaha. 

• Like 2

when it's engaged ... you should be able to pull the black knob out just a tad 1/8 inch or less before you feel any cable spring resistance. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

i read in the old forums 2011, you had issues with the spring in the switch plus a rust issue ? the spring was replaced by a miter saw brush spring, not that a bad thing, i did away with the oem spring as well, (went with a stainless)  never had an issue after that, but! before the cable didnt act right from new, so you've had the switch apart ? when you click the center button on the shift knob, does it suck in, on it's own ? part ways , then when the bike roles a tad the 424 gears aline, and the button should suck in a tad more, or do you have to push it in ? 

sending you, and fish a PM.