Fishfiles

2002 TRX 450 FM

This is my 2002 450FM , traded my buddy a broke down money pit 2000  Polaris 500 Sportsman for it , it had a broken piston , sloppy crankshaft  and trash in the case , it got a new crankshaft , bore job , and upper job  and a make over ------ 14.5 gear reduction , EBC clutch kit , SuperATV front and rear disc conversions , 2 inch lift , took out the electric shift front diff and replaced it with a Wide Open 424 kick out , double oil coolers relocated , homemade floor boards , winch , raised head light pod , HighLifter rims and 26 OutLaws , etc , etc, etc 

I am thinking about selling this one , never ride it much any more , I have got a better 2000 450 

fullsizeoutput_64d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_403.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_118.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4a6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3bc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_68c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_170.jpeg

IMG_5225.JPG

• Like 4

I'll give you 500 bucks for it, but you have to deliver it.....😂😂😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TBRider said:

I'll give you 500 bucks for it, but you have to deliver it.....😂😂😂

OK , add about a  3 in front of that 5 and maybe we can talk , my neighbor has a hot shot service , he'll bring it up for a nominal fee < LOL 

It also has a new OEM carb , 2 extra shims in the front diff for traction , dual batteries , seat recovered , snorkeled , new vent tubes , reverse lock out by-pass , fire extinguisher , wheel spacers ,  and a beverage holder ----GPS , sound tube and Gerber machette and hatchet  not included  

• Like 2

This is my 2000 TRX450"SS" --- it has had a few more moods since this video 

• Like 3

Everything looks really sweet on both fish except for those funny black tubes sticking up on the front....lol

• Like 1

i kept up with this build from the old forums, but i never knew you did the dif shim mod.now that's a built machine there, nice! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bcsman said:

Everything looks really sweet on both fish except for those funny black tubes sticking up on the front....lol

That black tube is for deep snow , you'll don't use snow snouts  !  >>>>  Snow in the melted state , LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i kept up with this build from the old forums, but i never knew you did the dif shim mod.now that's a built machine there, nice! 

I used OEM cone spring washers out of old diffs , the 300, 400 and 450 ( 98-2001) all use that same set up and cone springs  , all use  2 spring cone washers on each side , the 2002-2004 front diff  of a 450 is made different , that was part of the swop out the electric shift diff to the full time diff with a 424 project , that was a project cutting and grinding the frame for the diff to bolt up -------  so you add one extra OEM cone spring to each side , it grabs better , but not a true locker  ----  A lot of guys go to Tractor Supply and there is suppose to be a perfect washer for the mod  or such a place and buy a big thick washers to add  , and achieve  traction lock , but it is still not 100% from what I have read ------ and I doubt you would want 100% all the time as it would be  harder turning 

I was lucky a while back when I bought all the 450 parts from that guy in Mississippi , remember I got 6  part bikes but had to leave one yellow one  as I couldn't fit it on the trailer and never did go back and get it , also got boxes and boxes of parts , that was where I got the 400 heads from --------  #28 in the fiche is the cone spring washers ---------  front diff with 424 is a 98-2000 , the one on the right is electric shift 450 2002-2004 ( got two of them I would sell )  --- I got enough 450 parts to build  another couple of 450s  

To tell the truth , the 450 is big and more powerful , awesome machine , but I would rather ride my 300s , they are lighter so they go farther in some situations , I can walk them out sometimes , when the 450 goes down , it is usually DOWN for the count and is going to require the rope or winch , 300s more maneuverable , not as wide on the tight trails , I can flip them back over by myself , been burned when I flipped the 450 on it's side by myself and couldn't get it back on it's feet ----   the 450s flip over quicker than a 300 , I have flipped the 450s over many more times than my 300s , and have a lot less seat time on 450s than 300s , go figure 

IMG_5394.JPG

fullsizeoutput_8e2.jpeg

image.png

• Like 4

You're 100% on the lighter ones being easier to get out and going farther. 

My 500's always require a winch to get out, and they're heavy so they sink.

The kid's 300 just floats across the top.

• Like 2

Love my 300.

i was riding up a dry drainage when i had to drop over a large stock pond spillway. The pond was dry and had 6-7 foot willows growing in it—couldn’t even see where i was going. Couple of times i drove into the 10 foot high cutbank—each time i backed out and tried finding the bottom. Eventually i found the dry inlet—bank was so steep i had to dismount and walk the ATV out of the pit!

• Like 3