WonderMonkey

WonderMonkey - New User

No dont think I have seen any threads on this.  Myself I just ride my own property and side roads but am lucky to be able to.  There are numerous members from Michigan here, maybe post a thread asking for some info you are looking for....

• Like 1

Just now, bcsman said:

No dont think I have seen any threads on this.  Myself I just ride my own property and side roads but am lucky to be able to.  There are numerous members from Michigan here, maybe post a thread asking for some info you are looking for....

I'll do just that.  I figure it's snowmobile and other track vehicle time now, but I'm spending the Winter getting ready.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

As it turned out, one of the admins was who suggested I change it, so I have a direct line to upper management!

5 hours ago, bcsman said:

We just let him think he is upper management Mike, we really run the operation....lol

True dat!

Actually you are part of management and also part owner @WonderMonkey! This forum is owned & operated & fully funded by its members. We are each equals... volunteers.... co-operators.... we have no bosses, no hierarchy to answer to, no 3rd party parasitic advertisers either, its just us! We only have admins and mods because the forum software layout and its' functions are hierarchical & cannot be made to work right without hierarchical categories & permissions defined, but every member shares responsibilities for our existence and day to day operations! Cool huh? 🙂

I apologize for taking so long to change your user name today WonderMonkey. I overate today, then was miserable for it... so I took a long nap and I just now woke up.

5 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

Speaking of sucking up, I've been looking at Michigan (I'm in Ohio) for places to go ride and camp and it seems plentiful.  So much that the options are almost overwhelming.  I don't see any sub-forums here that deal with locations, dispersed camping, etc.  Am I missing them?

We have Clubs software that might work pretty good for that? Every member can start one of those, even self-moderate & set defined permissions for them. They can be set up to be public or private I think.... we have not explored those opportunities yet as we are a very young forum, but the software should be operational for anyone that cares to use it. If anything needs tweaking to suit your needs just hollar at one of the admins.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, retro said:

True dat!

Actually you are part of management and also part owner @WonderMonkey! This forum is owned & operated & fully funded by its members. We are each equals... volunteers.... co-operators.... we have no bosses, no hierarchy to answer to, no 3rd party parasitic advertisers either, its just us! We only have admins and mods because the forum software layout and its' functions are hierarchical & cannot be made to work right without hierarchical categories & permissions defined, but every member shares responsibilities for our existence and day to day operations! Cool huh? 🙂

Thanks for changing the name, I appreciate it.  I did contribute through the donate button, I was asking about the forum during chat and @bcsman explained a few things so I went and did that.  Being fully member funded is risky, but if you can keep it going it really makes it nice.

I appreciate the work to give us all a nice place to hang out and exchange ATV stuff.

• Like 1