Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

That's a very interesting engine mod...... 1st type I've ever seen where two 671 blowers are stacked on a 5.9 cummins, or even any type of cummins engine.... I could hear a big defrence..... But i Couldn't hear those two turbos..... I'm wandering what kind of pep that plant has... And did he ever mention whether it was  the 12 valve 5.9 or 24 valve ?? 

Edit: and i do believe that critter would give the duke boys charger a run for the money.........lol! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

My brother-in-laws (younger staters husband) jeep....... I've tried to buy this off of him, but the price just isn't right YET...... 88 jeep YJ 4 banger, i can't recall whether it's 4 speed, or 5.... IF ? Intend up with it ..... Sooner or later I'll paint it like that badass looking snow camo Beamer ...... 

Edit: also i have something specail ..... I'll toss up soon.... It's a specail edition 4x4 ......

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 4

I thought I posted this pic , don't see it , it is my buddy Andy and his new to him Toyota  project -------- The truck sat up for 7 years , all the usually stuff , fuel tank , carb , fuel pump , tune up , battery , he just finished the brakes , hopes to be running the streets of Lacombe soon 

Andy is a true Veteran , he completed  his term in the Army , then joined the Navy and did twenty plus there , his wife and his daughter are both active service members , Andy has been fighting stage 4 cancer in multiple organs , God bless him , his family and hope he enjoys that truck  !!! 

123_1.jpeg

• Like 4

Thank you! Macarena Man... Yours looks like it just came off the show room floor (sweet !) if i might ask.... What's she endowed with ? 

Ill post about the ironic way ... This jeep deal got started.....well.... I'll add a teaser... It started with rodents..... Lol! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Thank you! Macarena Man... Yours looks like it just came off the show room floor (sweet !) if i might ask.... What's she endowed with ? 

Ill post about the ironic way ... This jeep deal got started.....well.... I'll add a teaser... It started with rodents..... Lol! 

It's an '04 Sport  . . .  4.0L, 5speed, 3.73 TracLoc . . . . 2" BDS lift

• Like 1

Oh i wish Todds ha the 4.0  L but his has the 4 cyclinder...... I never heard of any reaccurring engine issues..... But i do like (very much) the 4.0 L my 97 sport xj has it, and I've blown some dodge  cummins powered trucks off the road with her....lol!.... Never had an issue pulling loads of wood, but she doesn't see much hard work at all..... Only draw back is finding oem parts for her...... She's 4x4 5 speed stock suspension ..... Has the largest rubbers it can have without a lift...and bye far the coldest ac I've ever used in an American vehicle made back in the 90's with exception to ford.... Ford has always had cold air... And the small rangers ? Their seats rule IMO so comfortable and plush..... There is no doubt I'd fall asleep driving one.....lol! So ....... I will not purchase one....myself and my ex brother-in-law went to import parts  of Manchester (salvage yard) for a torsion an 85 toy... That had been lowered (i wouldn't have a small vehicle lowered, semis on the other hand .... Yep.... They just look better lowered to me, and .... Air ride makes it easy.... Also its a side effect of air ride.... Anyways.... I had been working third shift...so we grabbed some food, and hit the i-road in  his ranger.... And before too long i was out! .... Well a few miles before we got there... He looks over at me and says man I'm glad you woke up! Cause your snoring is getting real old real fast.... Lol! So a small argument accurred... I said i don't snore.... Well to shorten this... I went in payed for the arm.... Got back in.... No words exchanged..... About snoring... Lol! Got home, and asked my GF do i snore... She says not she ever noticed... Then she says ... I do wish you would  do something about your hands.... My hands ?? (I should have seen this coming) she says yeah they have a tendency to roam at night....well i JUST HAD TO COMMENT.... What makes you think i was sleeping ......

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I thought I posted this pic , don't see it , it is my buddy Andy and his new to him Toyota  project -------- The truck sat up for 7 years , all the usually stuff , fuel tank , carb , fuel pump , tune up , battery , he just finished the brakes , hopes to be running the streets of Lacombe soon 

Andy is a true Veteran , he completed  his term in the Army , then joined the Navy and did twenty plus there , his wife and his daughter are both active service members , Andy has been fighting stage 4 cancer in multiple organs , God bless him , his family and hope he enjoys that truck  !!! 

123_1.jpeg

FJ40.  Very nice.  Those have gotten about as pricey as the 67-77 Broncos!

• Like 1

Good thing about the 4 banger YJ's is they all had 4.10 gears, so great gearing from the factory in the diffs.

• Like 2

I gather  then being it's not been changed (still 4:10) it should be a 5 speed ? I've tried to contact them, but their both on the road right now with her online store sells / buiness ....she did tell me it's kinda slow.... But those size tires look to be NOT   A factory size tire..... So being their bigger..... It's going to maybe struggle just a tàd till it's gets a bit more rpm.... I would at least like to see it get up to 90... With more reserved power..... But maybe I'm dreaming ..... I just wish i had more 1st hand experience.... With them..... Being you probobly know more about jeeps then anyone i know..... I'll ask, is the 4 cyclinder as bullet proof as the 4.0 L ? 

Not sure about the post AMC era Jeeps, but I know the 4 bangers always got low gears to compensate for the fewer CI’s

It will be a 5 speed.  4 speeds went away with AMC

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

FJ40.  Very nice.  Those have gotten about as pricey as the 67-77 Broncos!

You right.  It is a  FJ40.  I was just looking and it is hard to find anything under $25 k.  Most are going for $40K way up from that 

• Like 2

Thanks jeep, this is what I'm getting at...... I'd like to keep the rpm  under 3 grand at... Eh maybe around 55-60 mph ? Or  Maybe a tad faster..... upper 2grand range (2700-2900) grand at 70 mph....I'm probobly not going to achieve that dream i mean lets be realistic 75 mph at 2700 rpm ? Less  screaming rpms means the engine is not gutting   itself over a long life. Make sence ?? It's just going to be trial and error..... But im getting too far a head of myself because ...... Ha! He hasn't even acted like he'd sell it.... So i won't even get started on it's capable power when hitting hilly roads... 

A 1969 automobile will be 50 years old next year , wow

1969 Swinger 340 

image.png

• Like 2

I know we got some Batmobile fans here , this is interesting ---- I did not knotice the face of the bat thing mentioned in the article 

image.png

• Like 1

Here is a  hot rod story for you'll , I got a few friends  that work for NASA , the Coast Guard and the movie industry , they  all  work on the facility in New Orleans East which incorporates all three plus some others  , there is this thing happening ---- since it is a government complex you can't bring a gun onto the property , even if you have a concealed carrier card , which includes the parking lot , use to be , not long ago , you could bring a gun in your vehicle to work and check it in at the guard house to the parking lot , and then collect it when you left , but , no longer >>> so the criminals in New Orleans must know this now , then have come up with something called boxing , they know employees leaving the facility , driving nice vehicles ,  have no weapons to protect themselves ,  many that work at the facility leave New Orleans after work via the closest exit road  US Highway 11 , that runs thru the Bayou Sauvage  Wildlife refuge , it is a lonely desolate highway with water on both side no lights , not much of a shoulder , the criminals use multiple cars to box in the nice cars and trucks , then do a carjacking to steal the vehicle 

• Like 1

I like this little bug...... Not your ordinary Beatle ...... You shift this like some semi truck tranny's find that sweet spot.....little sucker is quick respounding as well.... 

• Like 3

On 11/20/2022 at 9:10 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

I like this little bug...... Not your ordinary Beatle ...... You shift this like some semi truck tranny's find that sweet spot.....little sucker is quick respounding as well.... 

All that bug needs is a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

All that bug needs is a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror. 

plus the seat cover...lol!

FIXED

• Haha 1

I don't know if this would be a classic..... Most likey not.... But i kinda cut my teeth on a cab over international that had this exact paint scheme.....had a 13 speed 400 big cam.... If memory serves me right the top speed was around 88 mph....... Nothing specail as trucks go.... But she was a war horse..... Never worried too much about  dropping too many gears battling steep up grades.... But id be left in the rear veiw on the flats.... But on  grades ?? She was a bad animal.... We sure have come along ways over the years....most likey have seen the best semi trucks years... Now that just about all of them are eat up with computer crap... And auto trans (thumbs down) give me a mechanical b kitty cat old school extended hood pete, or kenworth And that's all i want...... The truck (i called rainbow) cab over in this pic....and I think..... Their was a particular grocery chain that ordered several of these same painted trucks because i still saw them running around... A deferent crackerbox variation ..... But still the same paint, just might have a bull bumper, or deferent wheels.... Ours had a bull bumper added... And a custom rear diamond plate flap hanger with a separate turn signal brake light setup... Which was safer bob tailing.....

Edit: better pics..... That's her exact twin paint scheme

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2