Misterclean

It's funny now

I put a new piston in my YZ 250 yesterday. As I was putting the plastics back on I saw a circlip on the table. Don't tell me I didn't put the second circlip in the piston!!!! After looking around for too many circlips and searching my memory I determined I just forgot. Without throwing tools and saying bad words I just told myself I'm glad to have caught the mistake. Two hours later it runs fine. Whew, I'm glad that's over.

• Like 2

We all do things like that. we're just getting older, have a great day..Derf

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Derf40 said:

We all do things like that. we're just getting older, have a great day..Derf

Yes, I blame it on a lazy brain. LOL I did have a friend here and we were talking so that probably distracted me but it's my fault.

• Like 1

Summer of '74 the Honda dealer I worked for sent me the the American Honda Training Center in Mt. Laurel NJ.  First day of class we tore apart a 100cc single and the instructors has us bend the circlip in the shape of a S.  We all looked at them like they were crazy but they made us do it.  

The reason was that this will prevent you from reusing the piston pin circlips.  To this day I take great enjoyment in doing this while thinking how fortunate I was to be able to attend such a great training. 

• Like 2

Lol i would think weve all been there, just glad it worked out for the best....... I was the worlds worst about loosing those outter snap rings till i got good at building them ......... It's a wonder i didn't loose an eye......

• Like 1

Nope, well not in my case, had everything to do with working with my hands, plus dealing within the one part i never like dealing with a universal t-joint, double yokes are even worse, now i can build them blind folded....... And everyone some day will get too old to do those things, that day i do not look forward to.

• Like 1