vicnation

Contact AKATV

AKatv I am new here and signed up because of reading that you might be able to repair my LCD meter.I have a Honda Rancher 2001 I bought it used and the meter had water inside of it. And of course none available to be purchased.

Are you still repairing these or does it sound like this one is too far gone?

Thanks for your time!!!. 

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Most water damaged speedometers are destroyed beyond repair, but post a few pictures of what you have going on -it helps to remove the top cover

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

Thanks for the pictures
Your cover is done for for sure with that crack in there, I’ve seen a few people get by with some clear silicone or clear tape, but it’s pretty risky

Your circuit card is most likely done for -the water

damage destroys the circuit traces on the board so you can’t even reattach new components properly- but more than that I generally find even after a repair that other components will fail later on down the line it’s just not a cost-effective to repair a water damaged board, much better off replacing

You might want to pull that circuit card off the back plate and inspect your harness to see if the ends are all corroded and rotted out.

That LCD might be salvageable, the small black spot on there is not UV/ Sun damage to the polarization film, it is an internal failure, but it should be fine if you’re not worried about it

unless you want an unblemished one

I sent my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into any repairs or replacements

-AKATV

I should be able to get you taken care of no problem. I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me for a repair

-AKATV

So happy I contacted you for this problem, now my meter is on its way back and I can't wait to get it. Thanks for your help!!

• Like 1

You’re very welcome Dale
Let us know how the rest of it goes with your four wheeler and hope to see you around the forum!

Maybe post a picture or two once you get it all fixed up. We love pictures around here.😀

-AKATV

• Like 1

Will do! I bought this machine used Knowing it needs work. I got it for a good price. So I don't feel too bad for putting money into it.

• Like 2

I have a 2002 honda rancher 350 4x4. I think i just need the LCD screen itself. The cover had what looked like two smash marks in in and it was all cloudy. I tore it all apart and everything looks good, but the LCD screen itself is very very dim, you can see it at certain angles. So it is getting the signals just not displaying them brightly enough. Is there some place I can just buy the LCD from and replace that onto the circuit board? Or would I need to send the whole thing to you? Either way I'd appreciate any assistance and quote.

Thanks!

TOm

A few pictures really help out on determining what repairs you need
I’ll send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into having a repair completed

-AKATV 

On 10/22/2023 at 5:44 PM, daleguns said:

Will do! I bought this machine used Knowing it needs work. I got it for a good price. So I don't feel too bad for putting money into it.

IMG20231025124550.jpg

IMG20231025130744.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great Dale!😃

Thanks for the Kudos and pictures,

Hope to see you around the forum!

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

I don't know too much about this machine, but I do know it is a ES electric shift and I did take it out for a ride up shifting until I came to a stop. The question is, is this machine supposed to down shift by itself after slowing down and or coming to a stop? ( automatically). Or is it manual down shift only?

Thanks for any info.

Electric shift is just exactly like a foot shift except you shift it with the buttons-you would need to downshift to first gear at a complete stop

-AKATV

Thanks for the fast response! 

My wife has a can am 3 Wheeler with electric shift and it downshifts as you are slowing down. Or you can manually downshift it.

I know what you’re talking about and Honda has a few of those too, but they’re called a Honda-Matic transmission like on the Rubicon 500 and Rancher 400AT models,

They are a hydrostatic type transmission - more like a hydraulic pump, no manual shifting unless you want to and very smooth transition throughout the ranges.

-AKATV

Thanks for the update! I kinda just wanted to make sure this transmission is working the way it is supposed to. I feel really good that it is doing what it's supposed to!!

AKATV fixed my speedometer the same day he received it and mailed it back. Just wanted to relay that to anyone that stumbles across this post. He is reliable and text promptly with updates and pictures. If you are hesitant like I was to take your speedometer off and mail it to some random guy in Alaska. Don’t be he is a solid trustworthy guy who dose honest work. 

Edited by Harrison67
  • Thanks 1

I had the same great treatment from AKATV. He made my speedometer work and look like new again!! Thanks AKATV!!

• Like 1

I have a 2002 honda 350te I'm having issues with the meter. It was working and I rook the case off to replace it,  I think some water got in it and now I have nothing except oil light. @AKATV