James kingery

2005 Honda foreman trx500 4x4

I bought a 05 foreman 500 FA 4x4 working on fixing it up runs and drives looking at books and manuals and I kind find what this parts is can someone help me with this 

FDB4DFBF-66E1-49EB-9734-EEC0BFB0FEA5.jpeg

F083C225-2152-434A-8E10-FA90603C605E.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, James kingery said:

I bought a 05 foreman 500 FA 4x4 working on fixing it up runs and drives looking at books and manuals and I kind find what this parts is can someone help me with this 

FDB4DFBF-66E1-49EB-9734-EEC0BFB0FEA5.jpeg

F083C225-2152-434A-8E10-FA90603C605E.jpeg

that part you are holding is a warn 424 disconnect, very rare item !. its not part of the atv. if its working ?, it disconnects the front drive shaft from the engine, so you are not in 4wd all the time. i'm not sure why it would be on that model ?, as that model has its own disconnect from the factory. unless its not working on the atv ?. and welcome to the forums !.

• Like 1

welcome to ATVHonda !!

I am going to guess that someone changed the electric shift front differential to a full time front differential , because the front differential broke or they were having problems with the electrical diff actuator  and they installed the 424 so they could do 2wd , take a pic of the front differential and post it up 

I did the same thing to my 450 , as the electric shift was not my thing , if it malfunctions the default is 2wd  , which can make it hard to get home sometimes 

• Thanks 1

I would think , that there is  no way to fit a 424 in place with the stock electric shift diff , unless the 424 was cut and welded , I would also guess your speedo and your 4wd indicator light don't  work like it is 

I’m thinking it’s a 04 not 05 the dash is different form the 05 model will post more pic paid $500 for the bike and it runs so don’t think I could wrong 

I am no 500 expert , but I think you have a 500 Rubicon not a Foreman , they were full time 4wd , and you have a shift lever on side the tank , so the front diff is correct as they were full time 4wd ---- you said it runs !!! ---   Does it move on its own power  ?  That has a Hondamatic in it 

The 10th digit tells the year 

Model year                                                                                                                                  10th digit of vin # code 

2001 1
2002 2
2003 3
2004 4
2005 5
2006 6

It has the side shift lever I’ve been looking for the the vin numbers but can’t find any I have the fenders off and looked at the front cross bar but I see nothing there 

Yes on the front cross member..... Your correct! I've never seen one with a riveted stamped vin plate. It should be just as you said.

What is that stuff all over the vin numbers ?   Rust or maybe some kind of tar ?  Welding splatter ?  ----   What vin number is on your bill of sale , I know the answer to that one , LOL  ----  

image.png

My guess is 05-06 fenders on an 01-04 frame.  Is there a little yellow 2wd/4wd switch integrated into the assembly where the throttle thumb lever is?

Gas tank is not correct for an 05-up model, which reinforces the idea that someone tried to put newer fenders on an older model

Pics of meter?

I have a bill of sale for the atv but he didn’t have the vin number and there’s no yellow 4x4 switch and the meter is a 04 meter cleaning the vin up now 

• Like 1