bigcountry78

2001 rancher refresh

I paint mine black but only because I duck hunt sitting on mine and don't want to flare the birds.

• Like 1

Yes, I’m a glutton for punishment lol. I think silver paint will be the best, easiest way. I was just entertaining the idea of black wheels. 

I really wish I could sell the mud lites and put that money towards something else, but I can’t sell them in good faith knowing they don’t hold air well.

I had to do some post skimming to find this ...... i have to say... im all for silver... but this job goober did looks great..... i can't see doing them in red tho... lol.....figured you'd like to see this thread if ya havent already.... yes shade i saw the post so plz dont drop a hammer on my thinking... cause goobers bike sure does look good with green blasted rims... credit for this thread goes to all those involed..... now tell me that doesn't look good ?

IMG_8918.JPG

IMG_8920.JPG

• Like 1

That does look great, but I don’t think it would work well with red lol. I’m gonna check that thread out for tips.

Well it was a two parter..... i can see now @goober (i recon ?) isnt coming back ? Thats too bad cause he sure knows carbs and loves those old school tanks plus hes a crackerjack at hondaline accessies  .... i might not be too far behind him... (red plastic) yeah same reason i didnt go with red, but if it was a green bike I would shoot them to match.   

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Well it was a two parter..... i can see now @goober (i recon ?) isnt coming back ? Thats too bad cause he sure knows carbs and loves those old school tanks plus hes a crackerjack at hondaline accessies  .... i might not be too far behind him... (red plastic) yeah same reason i didnt go with red, but if it was a green bike I would shoot them to match.   

Has been a bit since @Goober was here.  Hopefully he's ok and just doing RLS.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 2:05 PM, bigcountry78 said:

That does look great, but I don’t think it would work well with red lol. I’m gonna check that thread out for tips.

Got another PLASTI_DIP video... and it's on chroming this go round and i think they have nailed it! The test samples Look great!... i'll send ya via PM..... 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 5:25 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

Got another PLASTI_DIP video... and it's on chroming this go round and i think they have nailed it! The test samples Look great!... i'll send ya via PM..... 

I’ll take a look at it, thank you! This has been on the back burner for a bit, had my gas sipper break down on me and the truck has to have tires to pass this year’s inspection so I’ve been dealing with those issues….. might start a tire thread for the truck lol.

The good news is my effort seems to have paid off, the Bridgestones have been leak free as far as I can tell, and look great in my opinion.

• Like 1

Yer welcome....Tires for the gas sipper ? << (writing that one down) ... need i remind you tire threads here.. can cause some people here to come completely un hinged... lol....ill sure be tuned in for that thread..... 10-4 on the leak free (thumbs up) 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yer welcome....Tires for the gas sipper ? << (writing that one down) ... need i remind you tire threads here.. can cause some people here to come completely un hinged... lol....ill sure be tuned in for that thread..... 10-4 on the leak free (thumbs up) 

Tires for the truck. The sipper may be down for the count, blowing oil out from somewhere. Yea I know what tire threads do to undies around here….. kinda why I wanna start one…..

• Haha 2

Earl from ? Ya think maybe a rear main or front ? ...if its the 350... i dont think ive ever seen one that doesnt weep around the valve covers... least back in the day.....and  I like the way you think.... You'd make a good professional PITA... maybe shade is right ? Maybe we be distant kin...i know one thing... two of us wont be good for this place..... when done we can leave a marker where this place once was....lol! 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 7:14 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

Earl from ? Ya think maybe a rear main or front ? ...if its the 350... i dont think ive ever seen one that doesnt weep around the valve covers... least back in the day.....and  I like the way you think.... You'd make a good professional PITA... maybe shade is right ? Maybe we be distant kin...i know one thing... two of us wont be good for this place..... when done we can leave a marker where this place once was....lol! 

It’s a 2002 Toyota RAV4, 4 cylinder auto. I put a new radiator in it and then immediately after it started blowing motor oil from where the transmission and motor bolt together. It’s front wheel drive, so it’s mounted sideways. I can see where oil is pooled up but not sure where it’s coming from. Maybe a sensor is leaking.