riverc

Echo Chainsaw

Looking at the Timber Wolf CS-590-20" anyone here have  one?

Edited by riverc

No but have read numerous good reports about the Echo 590 and 600 on Arboristsite.com  If used in the manner in which a mid sized saw is designed you should get some good work out of her.   Plus the cost is right compared to a similar sized Stihl or Husky....go for it and let us know.....

• Like 3

I'm a Stihl guy 100% ... But always intrested in other models..^^^^^. Never had one single issue... Happen that couldn't be fixed relatively easly... I don't really like any off the newer models being we've become a mostly a disposable society ... There just not built like the older stuff, yet parts OR the locating of... Changes things some.. 

• Like 1

My Grandfather had n echo heavy duty built brush cutter i used to help de weed tobacco (the rows we left open to drop n truck sticks down... ) Anyways that thing was a beast! Ran great for over 18 - 20 years but he used a 2 cycle oil I'd never heard called quick silver or something close... Susan my ex father BJ (for short)  was also a die hard quick silver guy... I never could find out wth they got the stuff, so i never tried it myself.. Maybe stopped production ... Before i could.... Dunno.. 

Edit: still around 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

Wilson, QuickSilver oil & gear lube is all I have ever used in my 1996 Mercury 150 efi boat motor she's still running strong.

• Like 1

Echo saws made in Japan are reliable saws. My buddy has one that he uses as his primary firewood cutter and it's old... but still running strong. He has only replaced air filters bars and chains over the many years he's owned it, it's never broke down or failed to start.

• Like 2

I know this is a different tool but mrs bcs bought me my Echo string trimmer for my birthday in 1995, this sucker is still running strong.  And I use it alot, have only added oil/fuel and string.  I'm sure any companies tools aren't made as well as back then but would have no problem buying the Echo chainsaw.

• Like 3

my red-max string trimmer, is an off-shoot of husquvarna. the rpms get scary fast, using the maxima formulaK2 synthetic that retro told me of. that being said; i have an echo carb from a string trimmer i got in 2014. i want to rebuild the carb, being it hasnt been used, for 8 years, (back issues), it was only used for 2 seasons, but i think someone (ME) got the rebuild kits mixed up, an it leaked gas out of the carb, when it sat on ground, not running, and it would flood the engine.

this site has a thread that talks about this subject i believe, i cant find it.. i got to soak my 2000 foreman carb also, the atv has sit for near as long.

;

16 hours ago, LedFTed said:

my red-max string trimmer, is an off-shoot of husquvarna. the rpms get scary fast, using the maxima formulaK2 synthetic that retro told me of. that being said; i have an echo carb from a string trimmer i got in 2014. i want to rebuild the carb, being it hasnt been used, for 8 years, (back issues), it was only used for 2 seasons, but i think someone (ME) got the rebuild kits mixed up, an it leaked gas out of the carb, when it sat on ground, not running, and it would flood the engine.

this site has a thread that talks about this subject i believe, i cant find it.. i got to soak my 2000 foreman carb also, the atv has sit for near as long.

;

I think it's called "Everything Chainsaws".

thanks, i appreciate that. i got more that 1 carb to rebuild, not just the string trimmer, the sciatica got me for a bit, and i got catching up to do from being idle. lots of it!!

string trimmer, tractor, an ATV..

Edited by LedFTed

The Echo Timber Wolf CS-590-20 came in. Looks like a good quality saw should get many years out of it.

PXL_20230719_185503709.jpg

• Like 3