bfrevis

troubleshoot a no spark issue trx350d 1987

13 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Partzilla says longer available.  Seems I remember Shade saying new is gone. Ricks doesn’t have a 350d or 350a cdi. Used is the only way.  I think I would stick the old parts back on on test from there.  

that’s for 88-89.

The oddball 87 350D is still in stock.

PSN has used for $100 or best offer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304430997867?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vl3SecgIRLK&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=iTenp9yKQJ-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Just googling the part number shows several places that have them out for about $140. Honda of Troy has one on eBayJust googling the part number shows several places that have them out for about $140. Honda of Troy has one on eBay

Try this unplug the CDI connector and remove the green wire from the ign. coil -- check for continuity on the G/W wire on the CDI connector to ground should read zero

Edited by Melatv

On 7/18/2023 at 2:16 PM, bfrevis said:

Reads 0 to ground. G/w to ground is 0 ohms.

The stator you put in did have the pulse coil with it -- if so check the 2 wire on the connector and make sure they are in the same place as the old one -- I found some stators were backwards

Yes the wires are in the same position as when i took it out. I did not replace the stator or pulse coil.

They ohmed out correctly so i put it back in. Isn't there a cranking test i can do to make sure stator is outputting.?

Test stator -- unplug the rectifier connector -- put your meter on the AC scale  check between the yellow wires for ac volts when cranking

1 hour ago, bfrevis said:

6.5 volts on all three yellows.

That is AC volts?

ohm the stator out. unplug the stator from harness ( round plug ) 3 yellow wires should be inside the connector, with mutil meter set on 20 ohms dc , poke the meter leads into two yellow wires at once, do all 3 wires this way, you '' should '' see anywhere from 0.05 to 0.07 give or take ?, if any of these numbers does not show ?, your stator is bad so far. after you do this test, take the red lead of tester, poke one yellow wire on connector, while you touch the black lead to case for ground, you '' should not '' see any numbers on meter when you do this ?, if you do ?, your stator is bad.

• Like 1

Try this -- put meter on AC scale -  place red meter lead under BL/Y connector on the ign. coil  make sure BL/Y wire is on coil -- black lead on neg of battery -- crank motor see if you get ac volts

Shadetree test

I get .06 on all three yellows.

I get no continuity at all when testing a yellow to ground

Melatv test

No i do not get ac volts.

METER ON AC VOLTS

RED TO BL/YEL WHILE STILL CONNECTED TO COIL.

BLACK LEAD ON NEGATIVE OF BATTERY.

CRANK AND NO VOLTS.

Any other tests you will need a Peak Voltage Adapter to test with your meter. Voltage at the Ign. coil should be100 VDC & 0.7 VDC at pulse coil

Dont have one. Will get one today.

The last measurement at the coil and negative side of battery was normal??