bfrevis

troubleshoot a no spark issue trx350d 1987

Should just take this to honda shop. I had no idea this would be so difficult. You have spent a lot of time helping me and i really appreciate it. But i am just so lost on what it might be?

12 minutes ago, bfrevis said:

Should just take this to honda shop. I had no idea this would be so difficult. You have spent a lot of time helping me and i really appreciate it. But i am just so lost on what it might be?

Most likely the help you get here will be superior to anything you get in a Honda shop on a bike this old.

The 80s era 350s had three different electrical systems on them.

86-87 350A Fourtrax 

87 350D Foreman

88-93 350D Foreman

So not only do you have an older machine, but there are a bunch of machines that look more or less the same but have different wiring and electrical systems on them.  That’s why he’s having to ask so many specific questions.

Most Honda shops won’t work on anything older than about 10 years old.  Hang in there with Melatv, he’ll get you running again.

Ok I am hopeful we can get it solv ed.  I will wait for more help. I wish i could send pics. Is there a way to do that in the forum?

Just a thought , did you know that the first generation 350's  and the second generation 350s were different animals , 87 there were both models out there one was ac the other dc ----- do you think the previous owner or maybe you have the wrong part on the engine , the flywheel also has to match the stator 

86-87 350A 

FLYWHEEL (DENSO)
31110-HA7-751
Unavailable  
6 FLYWHEEL (DENSO)
31110-HA7-672
Unavailable  
6 FLYWHEEL (DENSO)
31110-HA7-671
Unavailable  
7 STATOR (DENSO)
31120-HA7-671
Unavailable  

87 350D

6 FLYWHEEL (DENSO)
31110-HA7-751
Unavailable  
7 STATOR (DENSO)
31120-HA7-751

Previous owner purchased it new. It just quit one day and he let it sit for over a year while he was using another quad that his father owned. I bought it thinking this should be an easy fix. 

So i believe the parts are all correct. I also think there is something very simple that we are missing. 

HI It's 8:17 pm here now--- try this with CDI unplugged 

87 print.jpg

87 test.jpg

33 minutes ago, bfrevis said:

Previous owner purchased it new. It just quit one day and he let it sit for over a year while he was using another quad that his father owned. I bought it thinking this should be an easy fix. 

So i believe the parts are all correct. I also think there is something very simple that we are missing. 

So where did you get the CDI you mentioned in your first post below ---cause if you noticed , neither the 350a or 350d are available any more new from Honda 

"" I am at my wits end.  Trx350D has no spark.

Changed coil, plug, cdi, no change help.""

Ign coil reads .7

Original ign coil reads .5

Pulse coil reads 333 ohms

Did you do all the tests above? BL/W -- G/W --12vdc

Yes all tests.

Just the ign coil readongs are .7 and .5 (2 different coils)

Not .1-.2

2.07 on 20k scale for the new coil i got on ebay.

8.6 for the old

2.07 for the new

??

New coil reads 2.07 with cap on and the same reading without the spark plug cap.