SailRedemption

What did you buy recently?

This is a thread for sharing what you recently bought or received. Doesn't have to be Honda or ATV related for that matter! If you got something cool let's hear and see about it!

I recently, right before I came to work, picked up this Honda rarity. It's a 1989 Honda XL600V Transalp locally from a gentleman that had hundreds of old motorcycles from the 70s and 80s. He used to have a moto shop and retired and sold most of his stock parts to David Silver of David Silver Spares. I plan on doing a portion of the Trans American Trail with a buddy of mine who will start in CA and come east in Sept. I'm giving it a refresh with new bearings and fork seals, fluids, etc. Anyways here it is!

PXL_20230703_202736561.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

PXL_20230703_202748582.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

• Like 5

Those are cool bikes, good find! I got to try out one of those when they were new in the mid-80's. The shop I worked at was a Honda dealership in Vancouver, BC that provided bikes for the TV/movie business active around there. I think the show it was used on could have been MacGyver, they beat on those bikes pretty hard, even doing some scary jumps I heard, haha!

• Like 2

That's cool! Yes it's definitely unique and has style in my opinion. Only think better is the Honda XR650v Africa twin. Really neat bike too. They are almost identical,but the AT is a little more off-road than the TA but not that much.

Echo Timber Wolf CS-590-20 chainsaw & Black & Decker cordless Hedge Trimmer both should be delivered today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SailRedemption said:

I recently, right before I came to work, picked up this Honda rarity. It's a 1989 Honda XL600V Transalp locally from a gentleman that had hundreds of old motorcycles from the 70s and 80s. He used to have a moto shop and retired and sold most of his stock parts to David Silver of David Silver Spares. I plan on doing a portion of the Trans American Trail with a buddy of mine who will start in CA and come east in Sept. I'm giving it a refresh with new bearings and fork seals, fluids, etc. Anyways here it is!

PXL_20230703_202736561.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

PXL_20230703_202748582.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

I got David Silver in my contacts from long ago , is  he still around ? 

45 minutes ago, spock said:

Those are cool bikes, good find! I got to try out one of those when they were new in the mid-80's. The shop I worked at was a Honda dealership in Vancouver, BC that provided bikes for the TV/movie business active around there. I think the show it was used on could have been MacGyver, they beat on those bikes pretty hard, even doing some scary jumps I heard, haha!

What do you think about the Honda Africa ?

Pretty impressive machines, a friend owns one of the new 1000 models - it's more of a street bike that's super comfy than an off roader.

• Like 1

Ah, does March count? 😄 I got this 07 Kawi Nomad 1600 in March, g/f is happy i did. Oh & yesterday i picked up a regulator for that old Pol 600twin.

nomad1.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/19/2023 at 10:56 AM, riverc said:

Echo Timber Wolf CS-590-20 chainsaw & Black & Decker cordless Hedge Trimmer both should be delivered today.

Sweet! I'm sorta in the market for a new chainsaw. I have read echo is up there with Stihl. Hope it does it's job until the end!

On 7/19/2023 at 11:13 AM, Fishfiles said:

I got David Silver in my contacts from long ago , is  he still around ? 

I guess he is, the guy Bill I bought the bike from made it sound like it was in the last few years.b

• Like 1

Nothing today.

Edited by riverc

Hey if i said i bought gas recently, does that count? Its a big purchase 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I bought a pump sprayer and with a $4 brass fitting turned it into a shower for use at the hunting shack.

IMG_20230806_153431436.jpg

IMG_20230806_153412545.jpg

• Like 8

Ha! Purdy slick ideer..... Um..... This don't belong here cuz it's not a purchase, but is new... Well..... Anyways... Here's also a better loseup of the hairline crack .... Like before... Never even heard of this happening... Ifs it's due to the quality of county water.... I can see why it corroded... Which reminds me filter check time.... And here's that crack.... Deltas sending me a brand new complete replacement... I can't say enough good things about customer support. A+++++ 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2