Robbz28

New to site but not to Hondas.

Hi, I currently have 2 Honda Ranchers, one is a 2002 350ES 4x4 and the other a 2016 Rancher 4x4 dcs auto. The older one has been through it several times over but you just can’t kill it. It’s 21 years old and is now being abused by my 13 year old son who cuts it no slack. I bought the newer one because I thought the older one was about to hatch on me but just needed the clutches adjusted and a new carb. 
Anyway my boy loves that old rig, it’s pink now and the fenders are crunchy but still there. I’ve gotten to be an expert and replacing seat covers, and he can wear out a set of steering rod ends quicker than anyone I know. The newer one just sits most of the time because it’s mine and I don’t get to ride as much as I’d like. 
for his birthday I just dropped some Money on his rig, new tires, ball joints, and fender extensions (pricey buggers). he needs another seat cover but his dog is the reason they keep getting torn and as long as his dog rides I’m going to let it get in a little worse shape before I stretch another one on there. 
his had about 10k miles on it, never been in the engine or differentials, but the front diff has a small leak I need to fix and some other little things I figured I’d best join a site that can help me if I get stuck. 

thanks

• Like 3

Hey, Northeast Louisiana here. Also here is a pic of old reliable. Celebrating its 21 birthday, should I buy it a beer? HahFEB34A33-DC2A-4599-9CD0-C75B3BB06B7A.jpeg

Edited by Robbz28
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Robbz28 said:

Hey, Northeast Louisiana here. Also here is a pic of old reliable. Celebrating its 21 birthday, should I buy it a beer? HahFEB34A33-DC2A-4599-9CD0-C75B3BB06B7A.jpeg

My buddy Skip has the same ATV , he got it from my buddy Ricky quite a few years ago ,  Ricky  bought it brand new in 2007 , neither one of them had any major problems , Skip rides with us regularly 

Welcome aboard.  There are some neat upgrades you can do fairly easily to the old 350's using parts from other Hondas, the easiest being disc brakes from an 07-13 420 Rancher, which swap right on at the ball joints.

The 400AT front diff swap for selectable 4wd is nice as well. 

9 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Welcome aboard.  There are some neat upgrades you can do fairly easily to the old 350's using parts from other Hondas, the easiest being disc brakes from an 07-13 420 Rancher, which swap right on at the ball joints.

The 400AT front diff swap for selectable 4wd is nice as well. 

Cool, I already put disc brakes on it from hi lifter I think, it’s been a decent kit just don’t like the hoses for it. Whenever the pads wear out I might give the 420 brake swap a look. 
Update I did put in a new ball joint, was going to do all of them but only one was shot. I also put some new tires on it, cheap Chinese eBay specials but better than the slicks that was on it.