walhonding300

"Uncomfortable" Question

So I have an issue sitting on stiff, uncomfortable seats for any period of time.  A certain common medical condition relating to the "rear end" becomes inflamed.  Does anyone have a seat cover or cushion they use or recommend? 

How old is the seat on your wheeler?  I have to say, new Honda seats aren't THAT expensive and you'd be amazed and how much softer they are than one that is several years old.

I recover my own seats, so mine are mostly old and stiff, but I've had to buy a new one or two over the years for projects, and a new factory seat might be night and day difference for you if your existing seat has many years on it.

• Like 1

a new honda oem seat will set you back about 100 bucks...give or take.

It has a brand new seat on it.  Was put on before I bought it.  Its a cheaper amazon purchase I am sure.  I am just looking for something comfortable I can put over it to help out a little.

2 minutes ago, walhonding300 said:

It has a brand new seat on it.  Was put on before I bought it.  Its a cheaper amazon purchase I am sure.  I am just looking for something comfortable I can put over it to help out a little.

Well that likely won't help much then.  I've seen people get old neoprene waders and restuff the seat, then use the neoprene as a cover.  It was a bit softer than the vinyl that comes on the factory seats.

Perhaps go to your local fabric store, buy some new foam that is softer, cut and shape with an electric knife using the existing foam as a template, and then cover with neoprene or a softer material than vinyl.

Neoprene is a good idea.  I know some compamies back a cover you just stretch over the existing seat that have a little padding.  just wondering if anyone has tried any of those.

One of my 300 seats is made of memory foam like a pillow , it's OK ------ I have the jigsaw that cuts foam , did it myself  , but did most of the cutting with a electric fish  cleaning  knife --- other than doing a custom foam job under the vinyl , can't think of anything else that would  be  good -----  maybe get your aunty to crotchet a bon-bon thingie ! 

This is probably way off but.... if your sliding on the seat (and that's causing problems) you have now, a moose seat cover will help stop that...... I think someone here posted about a seat cover they had gotten... one I've never heard before I saw the post... I'll bump it up for ya..... I never would have thought of memory foam... (nice.) I like that idea. 

1 hour ago, walhonding300 said:

The moose seat cover is the idea I am looking for.  Thank you.

I had one of those on a project I bought.  It didn't feel as good on my rear as a regular seat.

The one someone had recovered with some neoprene waders was kinda nice on the tush though.