Freedomflyer

Back on a Honda

Posted (edited)

Okay, not quite what you think, but it is a Honda. Have some friends who are back in country do to some unrest where they've been serving as missionaries for the last almost 40 years. Had a very short amount of time to get out leaving their business and belongings behind. Back in the states til August of next year while they regroup and make a new plan. While here they are going to need to do some traveling to raise more financial support. So will be doing that over a fair amount of this spring and early summer. Their travels will take them all over the U.S. so they figured they might get a small toy hauler, 18ft, and save some hotels along the way. Also thought they would take a toy along as they go to help the monotany of their time on the road.  So last fall for one of their meetings, they flew to Dallas, and while there,  purchased a Honda Gold Wing and drove it back to Montana. They'll put that in their little toy hauler and take it a long. Soooo...... most of the winter my friends stuff has been in my wife's ear about how much fun it is, and all of the other people we both know that have bikes that we can get out on rides with. It didn't take much convincing,  I've wanted to get a bike for a long so started looking a lithe over a month ago and finally found one.  So last Friday after work took off for Eastern North Dakota to go get my new to me purchase. Was a miserable trip.  I was pulling a 17ft empty cargo trailer and drive in 30-45 mph head/cross wind the entire way.  Pulled into my buddy's house in Bismarck at 2 am, but by the time we visited and I got settled it was 3:30 am and was up at 7:30 ready to drive the remaining 2½ hours. He had different plans so after breakfast we didn't get out of Bismarck until after 9:30. Had 40 to 45 mph wings the remaining distance.  Long story sutures short, got home Sunday evening at 6 pm. More wind, rain, snow m, and ice on my way home. 1450 miles. Not sure how folks can live in that part of the country. Stopped and took pics from four directions. Absolutely nothing you see in any direction.  

Ended up with a 2008 1800, very nice shape only 25,000 miles.  Trails  don't open till mid June so will have some time to ride before atv season starts. 

20240406_155651.jpg

20240406_155657.jpg

20240406_155704.jpg

20240406_155713.jpg

20240409_201109.jpg

20240409_201116.jpg

20240409_201129.jpg

20240409_201140.jpg

20240409_201153.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 4

Nice ride you got there! Congrats!

Sweet addiction Ff.....good to have ya back with us....i wouldnt know how to act with land as flat as that is.....rolling hills yeah.....but flat as a bug on the I-Road ? ....no one coming or seen ? Oh ya lay those ears back....

Nice! Great bikes! I had a new one in late 2001. Abused the crap out of it. 

gw wly.jpg

• Like 2

Things around here are "so flat you can watch your dog run away for 2 days" but at least we have trees!

• Haha 2

I might lay the ears back where ff was.... but not a chance in Arkansas...... seems like those guys live for the chase.....one officer out there is a legend already...officer Byrd I believe .... 

16 hours ago, TBRider said:

Nice old guy bike

I resemble that remark. 😁

• Haha 1