F250 guy

Carb rebuild 93 Honda 300 Fourtrax.

Happy Birthday F250guy !!!  ----   who knows you might get lucky and get a Dodge for your birthday , so you can take that Ford out to the pasture and park it , then we can call you the Ram2500Guy ,  LOL 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Happy Birthday F250guy !!!  ----   who knows you might get lucky and get a Dodge for your birthday , so you can take that Ford out to the pasture and park it , then we can call you the Ram2500Guy ,  LOL 

Lol, man the only thing about the bumpside Ford's that can be killed is the very vealerable FE engines. Soon as I get the truck I'm doing a full mechanical restoration/upgrade and pulling the 390 for a 408W stroker from m Proformance Unlimited. Back that with a 5 speed, locker in the rear and HD front axle. You won't kill it

390 , you must be talking old school 250 ---- you got something between 72-79 ??? ----that was a truck back then , had a few , wouldn't mind having another ----- care on 

F250guy , I deleted your post with the dead you-tube link in it  , as per your request . 

• Thanks 1

F250 , I never really knew what a bumpside was till I read it from you , those where nice trucks -----   my favorite Ford truck is the 76-79 body style , what's the nickname if any from them 

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

F250 , I never really knew what a bumpside was till I read it from you , those where nice trucks -----   my favorite Ford truck is the 76-79 body style , what's the nickname if any from them 

Nope I never had any 73-79, they are called dent side trucks, why??? Well cause look at em 😂 they look like one big dent all the way down the truck. Plus styling is way off, and no metal dash.  And only things that can and fairly regularly kill the FE engines is oiling issues and chronic valve train issues ie lifters and pushrods, but mostly from sitting the valves seize or stick in the guide. That's why I'm swopping to a windsor engine. When I get it I'll definitely keep you guys updated if you wanna see. 

Ya know I'm gonna not 28 years old but can remember mechanical things and how they work from the 50s but I can't hardly remember breakfast. But hey it's not a problem, it's a project.

And having wise old mechanics never hurt.  That video is my era my expertise if ya wanna call it. Give me this and non Ethanol fuel over a new one anyday

Fish: fordificaton.net I think bumpside nation i think and blue oval trucks I think for sites, I can't remember all of em. Most have Facebook links.

A cool truck. Much better looking.

Screenshot_20200114-223814.png

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind have something like that 68 in the video , but my favorite is still the 79 or the first gen Broncos , I am 62 this year so I got to live in that era , my first brand new truck was a red 79 F150 XLT Lariat 351M auto , that was a nice truck , my Dad took it over after me and it lasted a long time , it is killing me right now thinking of where and who that truck went to 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I wouldn't mind have something like that 68 in the video , but my favorite is still the 79 or the first gen Broncos , I am 62 this year so I got to live in that era , my first brand new truck was a red 79 F150 XLT Lariat 351M auto , that was a nice truck , my Dad took it over after me and it lasted a long time , it is killing me right now thinking of where and who that truck went to 

Like I pm'd you never give up and watch Stacey David gearz, lots of info and knowledge, YouTube it. I'll have my carb kit tomorrow, it just made it to the Charleston facility at midnight, once I get that strip it all down Sunday, and take the tank next week to be Red Koted. 

Another channel you'll love is Taryl Fixes All on YouTube, lawn mower Genius. And funnier than crap. 

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

I have my kit and looking it over, everything is here, but one thing I'm stumped on. Is there a way without a jet cleaner to tell the size difference between the starter jet and main jet? They look identical, even through 300 power glasses. I don't wanna get confused this weekend. But I'll update ya guys. 

Thanks F250

The starter jet has smaller thread size if I remember right. In other words you shouldn't be able to mix those two jets up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, retro said:

The starter jet has smaller thread size if I remember right. In other words you shouldn't be able to mix those two jets up.

Was really confused looking at them. Thanks man. I might rebuild the carb and when I install it take my key with me since I'll be getting my tank coated. 

The jets should have the size stamped on them. If your like me you will need some good light to read it even with glasses. 

18 minutes ago, toodeep said:

The jets should have the size stamped on them. If your like me you will need some good light to read it even with glasses. 

I am lol, and I I don't think there is a spare o ring for the enrichment valve. I thought I saw one but it was the gasket lol. I think it'll be fine, but would a diaphram that was ran on normal gas from the factory then had Ethanol fuel used for 20 years be fine, it works good, just wondering if replacement is needed since I'll be switching fuels for Sunoco Optima.

IMG_20200115_231337.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

The enrichment valve has a lipped seal on it. I don't think the Shindy kits provide those though.

6 minutes ago, retro said:

The enrichment valve has a lipped seal on it. I don't think the Shindy kits provide those though.

I thought I saw in the picture from the manual install o ring I may need my 300 power glasses checked.  I see now after cleaning my dusty glasses. Lol lipped seal.

Edited by F250 guy

Yeah, the big o-ring in your pic is part of the float bowl gasket, as you've guessed. The enrichment valve is serviced separately. They're pricy....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, retro said:

Hey howcome on the kit there is an extra o ring for the slide needle that goes in the diaphram, but on the picture by the manual it doesn't show yo install on o ring on the metering needle. I'll re read the carb section to be sure but I don't think there should be an o ring. 

IMG_20200115_233705.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

The needle jet doesn't get an o-ring. The pilot screw does though.

• Like 1

Just now, retro said:

The needle jet doesn't get an o-ring. The pilot screw does though.

I seen those, so just ignore the o ring with the needle clip parts then.

Count your o-rings, see if ya got all of them..? They pack the tiniest parts together in one cellophane wrapper (nothing to do with location), is that what you mean?

• Like 1

Just now, retro said:

Count your o-rings, see if ya got all of them..? They pack the tiniest parts together in one cellophane wrapper (nothing to do with location), is that what you mean?

Two for the pilot and for the needle a washer with e clip and a small o ring with that. All in two separate tiny packages but for each location. I think I'll ignore that o ring and assemble like the manual says.