toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

For you guys that take cutting your grass seriously 

image.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

My lefty boss said this morning gas prices are up because we aren't buying oil from Russia. 

I said "or it could be because biden shut down the pipelines"

She quickly retorted "He didn't shut down the Keystone!"

Ah, but he did.  Not the regular Keystone, but obama killed the Keystone XL, Trump gave it the go ahead in 2017, and then biden killed it again on his first day in office.

Another 830K barrels PER DAY of oil coming to NE and OK would be pretty nice right now, wouldn't it.?

We could have had plenty of oil, but the commies can't have that.  They need "deals" with other nations in order to leverage their own pockets getting filled.

• Like 1

The keystone xl pipeline would have gone into operation in 2025, wouldn't change a thing right now. Worked on a few river crossings for it in Alberta back in 2014. They are using that section in Alberta right now.

4 minutes ago, TBRider said:

The keystone xl pipeline would have gone into operation in 2025, wouldn't change a thing right now. Worked on a few river crossings for it in Alberta back in 2014. They are using that section in Alberta right now.

Well that's a good point. 

Our current "leadership" certainly isn't putting us in the right direction to be energy independent at any point in the future though......

• Like 1

The last I heard a couple days ago we're still importing a lot of oil from Russia.  There are lots of people trying to shut that down.  I found a figure that says we imported 670,000 barrels of oil a day in 2021.  If we're still importing at that rate at $110 a barrel then that would be almost 74 million dollars a day.  That's buying Russia a lot of weapons.

There is also this.

Will Biden's Freezing Of Oil And Gas Leases Exacerbate The Energy Crisis? | OilPrice.com

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RubiDan said:

The last I heard a couple days ago we're still importing a lot of oil from Russia.  There are lots of people trying to shut that down.  I found a figure that says we imported 670,000 barrels of oil a day in 2021.  If we're still importing at that rate at $110 a barrel then that would be almost 74 million dollars a day.  That's buying Russia a lot of weapons.

There is also this.

Will Biden's Freezing Of Oil And Gas Leases Exacerbate The Energy Crisis? | OilPrice.com

I read the USA  has not bought any Russian oil for the last 8 days 

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Well that's a good point. 

Our current "leadership" certainly isn't putting us in the right direction to be energy independent at any point in the future though......

America has not been energy independent in a long time, it wasn't under trump.hasnt been since the late 90's

13 minutes ago, TBRider said:

America has not been energy independent in a long time, it wasn't under trump.hasnt been since the late 90's

Sure, but moving towards instead of away from it was a step in the right direction.

The oil markets are driven by speculators.  If we had a POTUS instead of a potatus, who would say today I'm approving the XL pipeline for immediate approval again, I bet oil prices would immediately drop, at least for a little while, even though the Canadian company who had the project before likely wouldn't pick it up again, and even if another company wanted to do so, it would be months before they started, and even longer before it was used.

I have a lot of problems with the way DJT did quite a few things, but compared to what we have now............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Sure, but moving towards instead of away from it was a step in the right direction.

The oil markets are driven by speculators.  If we had a POTUS instead of a potatus, who would say today I'm approving the XL pipeline for immediate approval again, I bet oil prices would immediately drop, at least for a little while, even though the Canadian company who had the project before likely wouldn't pick it up again, and even if another company wanted to do so, it would be months before they started, and even longer before it was used.

I have a lot of problems with the way DJT did quite a few things, but compared to what we have now............

It's a world market for oil. There are only so many refineries. Once you take out two large oil suppliers, the remaining market bids for the oil, trying not to shortfall their own country.  Usually the price of oil is what a company will pay for a barrel of oil in a month, thought they based the price off future sales, that was when the supply was constant.

The oil is still going south from Alberta to the states, on rail cars though.

To boost or increase production in most cases isn't possible cause everything runs at 100%. It would still take months to build.

This strike in Ukraine has been planned since 2014, putin helped get the orange guy into office,  and for the next 4 years, putin set himself up, got trump to lower the amount of troops in Europe, he boasted he was bringing them home, then made a deal with the taliban, who were being supplied by China and Russia,  and ended a war after he lost an election,  with no more Americans close by, trump pretty much left the back door open for his buddies.

I saw his speech from CPAC where he was praising putin for going into Ukraine.

When you sit back and look at the big picture it makes more sense.

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

It's a world market for oil. There are only so many refineries. Once you take out two large oil suppliers, the remaining market bids for the oil, trying not to shortfall their own country.  Usually the price of oil is what a company will pay for a barrel of oil in a month, thought they based the price off future sales, that was when the supply was constant.

The oil is still going south from Alberta to the states, on rail cars though.

To boost or increase production in most cases isn't possible cause everything runs at 100%. It would still take months to build.

This strike in Ukraine has been planned since 2014, putin helped get the orange guy into office,  and for the next 4 years, putin set himself up, got trump to lower the amount of troops in Europe, he boasted he was bringing them home, then made a deal with the taliban, who were being supplied by China and Russia,  and ended a war after he lost an election,  with no more Americans close by, trump pretty much left the back door open for his buddies.

I saw his speech from CPAC where he was praising putin for going into Ukraine.

When you sit back and look at the big picture it makes more sense.

Well I view both Putin and the leader ship in Ukraine as a bunch of scumbags. 

After all, Ukraine is where the big guy was getting his 10%.

The only victims over there are the citizens of Ukraine.

The oil market is as much speculation as anything, So again, the fact that we have an anti-oil potatus in charge is exacerbating the issue.  Ultimately war causes prices on oil and precious metals to go up, Always has, always will. I think were orange man still in office there would be no war. Putin is trying to take advantage of weakness as all despots always do.  I don’t believe he would’ve tried it were Trump still in office

Trump has plenty of faults, and would not measure well against a lot of past presidents, But what we have now is a whole new level of weakness and incompetence.

The US is in the worst shape than it has been in my 47 years on this earth, and admittedly had a lot of that is not Bidens fault, but his handling of it has done nothing to help.  He is a garbage “leader” and always has been.

Now if you want to talk to me about Trump arbitrarily banning bump stocks and creating a precedent where restrictions can be put on American citizens without due process or legislation then we can certainly attack him together.

my point is more that, When compared to Biden, everyone was a great president

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I read the USA  has not bought any Russian oil for the last 8 days 

Everything I've read says that they're still buying the Russian oil.  That being said there's a whole lot of misinformation and lies out there so I take most of what I read with a grain of salt.  There are still a few sources that I mostly believe is telling the truth.  I have no idea if the link below is reliable or not.

Pressure grows on Biden to ban U.S. imports of Russian oil | Reuters

• Like 1

To complete the Keystone pipeline would be a waste at this point  ,  hate to say it  , but fear Canada is going to be a communist country very SOON ,  ! 

The USA has enough  oil reserves to not need any other country's oil , just not the right man in office 

• Like 2