Akunin

Trail Tech Voyager Pro

So I have a TT Voyager Pro sitting in a digital shopping cart and I just can't quite bring myself to "Buy it now!". One question I have is if any of the gps data (telemetry) can be taken and extracted for, lets say overlay info in videos. Does any of you have a V Pro? If so, what are your thoughts?

vpro_map_1_2_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1.png

I've always used a Garmin handheld in a Ram mount and transfer my data to Garmin Basecamp program.

• Like 2

I am a hard core Garmin guy  , you can't beat Garmin for support and service , they have been very helpful to me , they help me do a custom lap top program set up that the Coast Guard uses , they sent me at no charge a  refurbed unit after mine flooded in Katrina , they will talk with you on the phone and walk you thru issues -------- I too have the Base Camp set up , over laid  onto Google Earth and TOPO maps ---- I was just counting Garmins ,  I got 10 Garmins  right now , 2 hand helded , one in each of  my 2 boats , 3 in our trucks , one hooked to a lap top , one for my atvs and another marine unit on the shelf off my old boat 

I have the Garmin Montana for my atv , nice unit , kind of pricey , I think that one was right about $600 ------ how much they want for that Trail Tech ??? 

• Like 1

I too have a Garmin that works great. I also like the app “Polaris Ride Command” on my phone, it has great Gps trail mapping. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, PROV said:

I've always used a Garmin handheld in a Ram mount and transfer my data to Garmin Basecamp program.

I've got a Garmin 680t that I've been using for years and it does a good job and have several map programs on my phone (Avenza, Gaia, etc) but this new gps has a few feature that really caught my attention. Buddy tracking! Very cool for riding in groups. Has more features I like so I decided to order one

Edited by Akunin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

To use buddy tracking they must need a transmitter also. 

Edited by PROV

46 minutes ago, PROV said:

To use buddy tracking he must need a transmitter also.

yeah, whoever you ride with needs to have the Voyager Pro as well. For us that's fine, my son just ordered his too so that's the fifth now in our riding group. 

• Like 1