Fishfiles

College Sports

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

LSU's football season has started off on a bad note

But Joe Burrow just signed the biggest contract in nfl history $275 million --- Go Jo

image.png

I watched some of the LSU game. Thinking were both in the same boat this year. Ohiostate needs to put in work if they dont want to end up losing a few games this year and being out of playoff contention. Barely squeaking passed Indiana isnt gunna hold up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, walhonding300 said:

I have been a lifelong Browns fan.  It is really hard being miserable every Sunday.  I have a 10 year old son that plays QB.  Being from the 740 area code, being a fan of his community outreaches, and a fan of his attitude towards the game, 740 Joe has been doing a really good job of making us cheer for the Bengals.  He's hard not to root for.

Just heard that Joe Burrow is going up against the Browns this weekend 

Dizz'ney Channel  has the TV all messed up Spectrum and Directv are both not showing games today --- they can take their channels and go away , cancel them out 

One is about to start at 11:00CT , Colarado and Nebraska , I watched Colardo last weekend , it was a great game , game of the week , Dion Sanders and his son with Trey Hunter , can't say enough about that crew 

Ohiostate showed there is hope they can improve today. Playing against no one. But Coach Day finally let our second option QB throw some balls and get settled in. Not just hand off the ball like last week. He looked better than our starter IMO. Our starter on paper will look good but the reciever adjistments were saving his off the wall throws. Got one more game to get dialed before NotreDame. I still get the feeling i will be drinking heavily that game lol

• Like 1

I been watching the Norte Dame game after the Colorado game got over , Go Coach Prime !!!!  I am buying into Coach Prime , he is on a roll !!! 

Nicky Sir'bonbon ^^^^^^ looks like he is going to cry in the pic above ^^^^^^   ,  ehhhhh !!! 

Colorado has been fun to watch  , their's is a Cinderella story , rags to riches , the new AFLAC commercials with Dion and Sabin are funny , lucky to have seen  both Colorado  games , because Disney has sure messed up the season with channel strikes on Spectrum , Directv and Dish --- I have read that disney is losing money right and left from their woke'ism  views , hopefully they fold and get replaced by someone else 

I wanted to watch the Alabama game and also the Tulane game , but was un-able to watch either game    ---- so far I am getting a $15 credit to my bill from Spectrum for the disney fiassco , for the amount of channels I have lost , $15 doesn't seem fair ----personally I am ok with disney keeping their channels and going away 

We cut cable years ago. Use sling tv. And get local channels free over the air. Sling has a sports package that gets all espn and all the conference specific channels. Big 10, big 12, sec. All of them.

• Like 1

AP Top 25Updated Sep 11, 2023

RANK TEAM TREND

3 1

USC
6 1
9 1

11 2

LSU
17 3
18 4
19 1
20 3

22 11
23 19

Colorado game was about as exciting as you can get , down by 11 points in the 4th quarter on their own 2 yard line , they drove 98 yards , and after the touchdown  made a 2 point conversion , tied the game , went to double over time and won  ---- Colorado was a 23.5 point under dog 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Colorado game was about as exciting as you can get , down by 11 points in the 4th quarter on their own 2 yard line , they drove 98 yards , and after the touchdown  made a 2 point conversion , tied the game , went to double over time and won  ---- Colorado was a 23.5 point under dog 

Yeah that game was really good! Those boys were chopping wood out there. Playing with a chip on there shoulders no doubt!

• Like 1

I learned something about Colorado coach Dion Sanders aka Prime Time --- he does talk the talk , but he has done the walk 

Deion Sanders -- who is currently making tons of headlines as the head coach of the 3-0 and nationally ranked University of Colorado football team -- is the only player ever to appear in both the World Series and Super Bowl.
In 1992, he went 8-for-15 (.533) with a pair of doubles, five stolen bases and four runs scored for the Atlanta Braves against the Toronto Blue Jays in the World Series. Sanders appeared in four games as Toronto took the title, four games to two. “Prime Time” was later a member of Super Bowl-winning teams with the San Francisco 49ers (1994) and Dallas Cowboys (1995).
In 1989 -- his first season in both MLB and the NFL -- he hit a home run and scored a touchdown in the same week. On September 5, he went 3-for-5 with two doubles, a dinger, two runs scored and four RBI for the New York Yankees in a 12-2 triumph over the Seattle Mariners. Then on September 10, Sanders returned a punt 68 yards for a touchdown for the Atlanta Falcons in the first quarter of a game they ended up losing to the Los Angeles Rams, 31-21.

image.png

Fun Fact :

Was listening to a story about Colorado football , seems Dion Sanders is emptying the jails with inmate  release for players on his team , I got no problems with that , good that he is making an opportunity for them 

Wow , you can take tailgating to a new level with this new gizmo , got any Captain , Captain 

image.png

• Like 1

Watching FloridaState #4 against unranked Clemson >>> pulling for Clemson 

Waiting for Colorado ? Oregon  >>>  I was always a Duck fan ---- I got a feelinng that Dion / Prime Time  might be a rerun this evening 

Colorado Who ?   >>>>  Prime What? >>> Is " Skunkin' " a word , it is now = 42 to 6 

image.png

Ohiostate pulled one out in a thriller. And coach Day was fired up at the end. It wasnt pretty. But it was gritty. I am very worried about the Penn State game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Ohiostate pulled one out in a thriller. And coach Day was fired up at the end. It wasnt pretty. But it was gritty. I am very worried about the Penn State game.

Yep it was an exciting game.  CoachDay was “ fired up “   I seen the interview.