Fishfiles

College Sports

I did not realize this , as soon as  LSU scored the touchdown in overtime , as he took off his communication headset with one hand ,  Brian Kelly raised his other  hand to the quarterback to  indicate go for the 2 point conversion ,  there was no hesitation , his mind was made up before that moment ever happen and he was ready to head to the house , LOL 

reporter asked Kelly if the Alabama win was the biggest in his career , he gave a good answer with me , he said " When LSU wins the National Championship will be my greatest win " 

This was 9 months ago , bet Danny Lewis wish he would have stuck with Coach Kelly 

Alabama has not lost two games in a row since 2010 , today they play Ole Miss who is very good this year , A;abama is a 12 point favorite , I am not a betting guy , my heart says bet the Rebels , wallet says , buy some more beer 

But I will make a bet , if some one from the great state of Arkansas would like to make a bet for a $20 donation to the site , if the hogs lose today , I would be all in !!!! 

Change of plans for me , I  hope Ole Miss loses , did not know that if Ole Miss  loses and LSU wins , then LSU is the winner of their SEC conference and would go to the Championship game against Georgia ---- I fell pretty good that will happen today 

This evening it is going to be TCU and Texas , TCU is higher rank but Texas is the favorite , somebody knows something , I am going with somebody on that Texas by a touchdown 

Think this will be the only time I can remember pulling for Alabama or Nick Saban 

On 11/12/2022 at 7:40 AM, Fishfiles said:

Alabama has not lost two games in a row since 2010 , today they play Ole Miss who is very good this year , A;abama is a 12 point favorite , I am not a betting guy , my heart says bet the Rebels , wallet says , buy some more beer 

But I will make a bet , if some one from the great state of Arkansas would like to make a bet for a $20 donation to the site , if the hogs lose today , I would be all in !!!! 

Well I didn't see this until this morning, but the rule of Hog fans is, never bet on the Hogs.  If you bet against them, you'll lose.  If you bet for them, you'll lose.

As usual, Arkansas plays close enough to get your hopes up and then dashes them. LOL

Congratulations to the Tigers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

Well I didn't see this until this morning, but the rule of Hog fans is, never bet on the Hogs.  If you bet against them, you'll lose.  If you bet for them, you'll lose.

As usual, Arkansas plays close enough to get your hopes up and then dashes them. LOL

Congratulations to the Tigers!

I tell you what , the Hogs played hard , I was worried for a while there , right up to the end , LOL 

LSU wins the SEC West 

Brian Kelly  was mocked for talking in a southern accent and for dancing with players in music videos - but now that  LSU clinched  the most competitive conference in college football  , the  SEC West  , no one is laughing now , LOL 

This week LSU ( 8-2 )  plays UAB University of Alabama Birmingham ( 5-5 )  at 8:00 Saturday night  

Week after they play Texas A+M , who is (8-2 ) right now also 

image.png

There was some good college football this weekend  , 

Tennessee fell from grace , losing 63-38 to  South Carolina  , TCU barely survived a unranked Baylor team 29-28 

LSU played UAB 5-5 team and beat them --- this week LSU plays Texas A+M , last game of the regular season already 

• CFP
  • AP
  • Coaches
  W L PCT PTS STRK TREND
th?id=OSB.AA52Jed.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Georgia Bulldogs 11 0 1.000 1574 W11
-
th?id=OSB.BBitdU8.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Ohio State Buckeyes 11 0 1.000 1507 W11
-
th?id=OSB.AA2d0g7.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Michigan Wolverines 11 0 1.000 1446 W11
-
th?id=OSB.AA52YD8.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
TCU Horned Frogs 11 0 1.000 1395 W11
-
th?id=OSB.AA2cNtS.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
USC Trojans 10 1 .909 1293 W4

th?id=OSB.AA2cQ59.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
LSU Tigers 9 2 .818 1241 W5
-
th?id=OSB.AA2cV9K.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Clemson Tigers 10 1 .909 1152 W2

th?id=OSB.AA2cVc0.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Alabama Crimson Tide 9 2 .818 1131 W2
-
th?id=OSB.AA2cVbU.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Tennessee Volunteers 9 2 .818 1058 L1

th?id=OSB.AA2cXJM.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Oregon Ducks 9 2 .818 1009 W1

th?id=OSB.AA2cQ3B.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Penn State Nittany Lions 9 2 .818 994 W3
-
th?id=OSB.AA536j8.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Washington Huskies 9 2 .818 879 W5

th?id=OSB.AA2d2Pb.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 8 3 .727 710 W5

th?id=OSB.AA2cNvn.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Utah Utes 8 3 .727 709 L1

th?id=OSB.AA52BJ4.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Kansas State Wildcats 8 3 .727 697 W2

th?id=OSB.BBnygkF.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Florida State Seminoles 8 3 .727 579 W4

th?id=OSB.AA2cVbJ.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
UCLA Bruins 8 3 .727 562 L2

th?id=OSB.AA2d2LI.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
North Carolina Tar Heels 9 2 .818 464 L1

th?id=OSB.AA2cSCw.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Tulane Green Wave 9 2 .818 441 W1

th?id=OSB.AA2cKT5.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Ole Miss Rebels 8 3 .727 395 L2

th?id=OSB.BB81Gmr.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Cincinnati Bearcats 9 2 .818 353 W3

th?id=OSB.AA52Tth.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Oregon State Beavers 8 3 .727 271 W2

th?id=OSB.AA53bra.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers 9 1 .900 186 W3
-
th?id=OSB.BB30sCc.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
Texas Longhorns 7 4 .636 128 W1
-
th?id=OSB.AA2cKUX.png&w=30&h=30&o=6&dpr=
UCF Knights 8 3 .727 87 L1

• Like 1

Watching Michigan #3 and Ohio State #2  , been pulling  for Michigan , right now it's 17-13 Michigan  with 5 minutes to half time and we got a big fight going on as I am typing 

J.J. McCarthy  and Michigan's coming , #2 is going be gone ---

So  how far should Ohio St drop in the rankings ,??? 

LSU blew their chance >  I will say that I think Fanduel has referees on their payroll, many games that I watched yesterday were controlled by penalties 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

LSU blew their chance >  I will say that I think Fanduel has referees on their payroll, many games that I watched yesterday were controlled by penalties 

Yeah i saw the end of the lsu game. As much as i have a strong dislike for michigan and harbaugh. Cant say they didnt deserve that win. They 100% played better than we did in every way. We sold out to stop the run and they made us pay for it. I honestly think michigan will go into the cfp and be dismantled as they always are. I would think if they put osu in the cfp they will play harder. Cuz chances are it will be last games they get to play for Ryan Day. He will almost undoubtably be gone next year sadly. Or atleast thats what statistics show.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 4:12 PM, 01RUBY500 said:

GO BLUE SCREW OSU!!

I spent Thanksgiving with my brother-in-law who is a huge Ohio State fan. Like huge fan. He spent all morning yesterday being a complete ! and going on and on about how superior Ohio State is to every other school and how even on the years that they lost it was only because of flukes/the weather/some other BS excuse, to the point of me rooting against Ohio State just to knock him down a peg.

Yikes, posted that from my iphone and it was gibberish.  Edited

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, 01RUBY500 said:

I guess he’s eating crow the rest of the week 😆

Even my wife, who has always cheered for the buckeyes in solidarity with her brother in law said she hoped Michigan won to shut him up this year.

I told her that watching teams with obnoxious fans lose was almost as much fun as watching our team win (and watching our team this year has been it's own misery LOL)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know Brees is a Boilermaker , but I bet a lot of Louisianians are not going to like him now , LOL 

Purdue football has hired Drew Brees as an interim assistant for the Citrus Bowl game vs. the LSU Tigers.
Brees will help Purdue prepare for the bowl game, and is eligible to recruit thanks to an NCAA waiver.

Notre Dame / South Carolina  has been a good game 

Tonight it is the Orange Bowl , with Orange - Clemson  against Orange - Tennessee 

Georgia  42  / Ohio State 41 , what a good game !!!  ------    Ohio State had a chance !!!! 

I feel sorry for the Ohio State kicker.  He had the distance.  Looked like the ball placement was just a little off rhythm.  I was pulling for Ohio. Georgia won it last year    I don’t think TCU can beat Georgia.  The championship game opened up with Georgia favorite by 13 points.  That is the biggest margin in a championship game. I might make a bet on TCU plus 13