Jump to content
Fifthcorps

95 TRX300 silver wheel paint

Recommended Posts

Is anyone aware of a paint code for the OE wheel paint color? The wheels are original and in almost perfect shape except for areas of paint chipping off. I'd love to get a matching paint to touch it up.

IMG_0451.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Rustoleum aluminum works for me. 

I'll try it. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

oem stock rims are like a gray to me ?. i paint my rebuilds silver, sooo ??.lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
18 minutes ago, shadetree said:

oem stock rims are like a gray to me ?. i paint my rebuilds silver, sooo ??.lol.

Completely unsure of what you're getting at there, But I'm not looking to repaint them, just touch up the finish with a matching paint since asides from a some slight chips they're in excellent condition. My original question was if anyone is aware of Honda having had a paint code for reference to these wheels or has experience with a product that is a close match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)

As mentioned, rustoleum aluminum is pretty close, maybe a little shinier.  The link to the can below is what I used.  Lowes carries it, walmart might too. Here's a picture showing freshly painted front wheels on my 02 rancher compared to the 18 year old originally painted rears. You can spray some in a cup and use it as touch up paint too.

 

Well its not showing the can.  Here's a link to it: https://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/020066/020066751586.jpg?size=pdhi

 

020066751586.jpg?size=pdhi

 

 

020066751586.jpg?size=pdhi

9DE42B9A-6973-428A-873E-304B08957390.jpeg

Edited by slowindown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Fantastic. That's exactly what I'll use, those came out great. Much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Fifthcorps said:

Completely unsure of what you're getting at there, But I'm not looking to repaint them, just touch up the finish with a matching paint since asides from a some slight chips they're in excellent condition. My original question was if anyone is aware of Honda having had a paint code for reference to these wheels or has experience with a product that is a close match. 

was pointing out the rims are close to gray in color, thats all :-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

if your talking oem paint .... it's import magnesium.....(very costly paint)  i looked high, and low when i had plans shoot my wheels .... but had already been testing  with plast-dip .... and bright aluminum is almost a perfect match... the only thing is .... it's a rubber coating... and needs time to cure.. and, as time goes on... it gets very durable... second pic is plasti-dip. 

 

slowindown ... those wheels look great !! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
5 hours ago, Fifthcorps said:

Fantastic. That's exactly what I'll use, those came out great. Much appreciated!

 

There is a color difference. But even with oem paint there’s probably going to be some difference, especially since your paint is 25 years old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...