jeepwm69

Ball joint installation

I've gotten pretty good and pressing ball joints into a-arms and knuckles by using old bearing races and my vice, but I've really wanted to find something that fit better on the ball joint without ruining the boot.

Went to Ace today to see if I could find something, and came across something that should be perfect.

I'm going to have to cut it in two, in order to use the big part on the bottom of the joint to push, and the smaller part to cover the head of the ball joint as it comes through the knuckle/ arm, but until now I haven't been able to find anything that was a perfect fit for these Honda 51375 ball joints.

Still, for $5, I have high hopes that it will work perfectly.  Perfect fit on both ends.

ball joint.JPG

ball joint 2.JPG

ball joint 3.JPG

• Like 4

I use a large socket, however I’ve messed up a boot a couple times.. that looks promising..

• Like 1

pressing them out is easy, spec if you are installing a new ball joint ?. the trick is...is getting the new ball joint back in !!..lol. i do not know why honda ( or any make for this matter ? ) makes the knuckles so tight ?. i normally take my dremel with a small grinding stone, grind down the bore just a tad, a dab of grease, they go right in with no hammering hard what so ever.

• Like 2