mrbb

critter pictures and ?

Multiple sightings and paw prints of black panther in Rapids Parish , La 

i believe I seen one here in Lacombe 3 times , wife seen it 2 times , twice we seen it  together 

image.png

There are no black panthers in the state of Louisiana, at least according to an official 10 years ago who called black panther sightings in Louisiana nothing more than a myth. But flash forward a decade and reports of black panther sightings are persisting.

Speaking back in December 2013, Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Secretary Robert Barham called black panther sightings “sort of like Bigfoot. But the truth is there are no black panthers in Louisiana.”

Recently, in the Rapides Parish which is home to Alexandria, Louisiana, one resident told CenLANow they recently saw a black panther. Ken Lee said “We were in a tent, and heard something that sounded like a baby crying at first. And then, the sound turned to something else. I saw a big black cat, and I knew to mind my business from over there.”

He described the black cat they saw as being the size of a zoo animal.

Black Panther Sightings In Louisiana?!

Adding gasoline to the fire of these myths, a recent photograph showing a size 13 sandal next to what appears to be a panther paw print has the rumor mill swirling.

Taking a skeptical approach to this for a moment, the photograph is suspicious for several reasons. Firstly, the paw print is extremely crisp and the ground is not wet. It is possible the paw print is legitimate but that’s suspect. It’s possible someone used a stamp to make it look real.

Secondly, there’s no verified location data attached to the image. For all we know that is a legitimate panther print but the photograph was taken at a sanctuary and not in Louisiana.

Even still, the myths persist. 

53 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Against the law here, get in Biiiiigggg trouble for baiting. 

Is it illegal to put up a feeder and put game cams on it?  I think most places it's illegal to  hunt over a feeder, but not illegal to put one up with a cam on it.

My understanding is it isn't legal to purposely feed deer here in Montana. This part of an article that I read to understand it better and to make sure I'm making a true statement. 

"States where no deer feeding is allowed include: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

However, baiting deer is allowed in these states: Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, New Hampshire, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, and Washington."

I just know while growing up I was always told we weren't allowed to do it.

We can feed and hunt over the feeder here in Lousy-Anna --- Next door in Miss'hippi , they can feed them ,  but have to hunt like 100 yards off the feeder