Fishfiles

Accidents

You can see the driver ran that stop.... The rail way stop signal arm was ontop of the load for just a few in the 1st part....what an idiot trying to out run a freight train with a load that long.... I hope they took his specail driving permits away... 

• Like 1

Looked like a middle aged guy LOL.  I guess he hasn't seen that you don't run from the ASP or they will sick 14 cars on you who will go full on Twisted Metal to make you stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Looked like a middle aged guy LOL.  I guess he hasn't seen that you don't run from the ASP or they will sick 14 cars on you who will go full on Twisted Metal to make you stop.

ASP doesn't  mess around.... They have that trooper who's now a specailist at pits ..... They have also provided him with the mucle car to chase um down... I think a dodge hellcat... Now the long pursuit of that white hellcat multi state 190 mph chase ? Ended up going to Texas as a specail persuit unit... These guys arnt messing around any longer... Used to, chases were called off.... But now i don't think they're are playing that game any longer because everyone and there mother now choose to run.... The only reason i can think of is because ..... They mostly get a slap on the wrist... And just cause they have a lineces revoked doesn't matter...What they need for these new ECU / ECM managed cars is electromagnetic interference .... Ive even seen some semi trucks shut off because the owner runs a high amp pusher ive seen them key the cb mic... truck stutters and slowly shuts off... in my case i have two both texas stars... one 500-V amp the other 667-V (variable power) over 700 watts on usb, n lsb (upper side band) (lower side band) Or like on star.... but i can see the addiction to the chase.... I can't recall anytime when more vehicle chases have taken place... I'm all in for dodge high performance cars.... But along with high horse power white knuckle performance cars... You get idiots who just are too stupid to even been issued a drivers lineces .... Lol! 

Edited by _Wilson_™

On 8/15/2023 at 7:27 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

ASP doesn't  mess around.... They have that trooper who's now a specailist at pits ..... They have also provided him with the mucle car to chase um down... I think a dodge hellcat... Now the long pursuit of that white hellcat multi state 190 mph chase ? Ended up going to Texas as a specail persuit unit... These guys arnt messing around any longer... Used to, chases were called off.... But now i don't think they're are playing that game any longer because everyone and there mother now choose to run.... The only reason i can think of is because ..... They mostly get a slap on the wrist... And just cause they have a lineces revoked doesn't matter...What they need for these new ECU / ECM managed cars is electromagnetic interference .... Ive even seen some semi trucks shut off because the owner runs a high amp pusher ive seen them key the cb mic... truck stutters and slowly shuts off... in my case i have two both texas stars... one 500-V amp the other 667-V (variable power) over 700 watts on usb, n lsb (upper side band) (lower side band) Or like on star.... but i can see the addiction to the chase.... I can't recall anytime when more vehicle chases have taken place... I'm all in for dodge high performance cars.... But along with high horse power white knuckle performance cars... You get idiots who just are too stupid to even been issued a drivers lineces .... Lol! 

Big NOPE from me on that.  Cops aren't all good, and nobody needs that kind of tool to use (or misuse).

On the one hand, I agree with you that everyone runs when they call the chases off, but on the other hand, I've see two instances just on film where the ASP has pitted people they shouldn’t  have, destroying property and putting lives in danger.

One was a pregnant woman who slowed down and put her flashers on, with the intent to take the next exit because she didn't feel safe pulling over at that spot on Hwy 67.  Cop pitted her and flipped her car because she didn't pull over fast enough to suit him.  The force used was excessive and reckless, and he should have lost his job and had his ! sued off, but instead he had "qualified immunity" which protected him from any consequences of his criminal behavior.

The other were a couple of women taking their mother to the hospital, again, flashers on, and the cop pitted them on the exit that ONLY goes to Baptist Hospital in Little Rock.

I've told my girls to NOT pull over if they don't feel safe.  Put flashers on, call 911 and say a car with blue lights is behind them, and that they're driving to the nearest well lit parking lot or police station.  We have small town (like 100 people) speed traps around here with one "cop" who have unmarked cars and a Tshirt that says "Police".  I've told my girls under no circumstances are they to stop for an unmarked car until they come to a place with a lot of people around.  I've told them not to pull over for any car after dark, same thing, drive to a well lit area with lots of people around. 

Robert Todd Birmingham aka "The Blue Light Rapist" pulled over a girl in my hometown and raped her when she was 15.  He used a blue light to trick women into thinking he was a cop, got them to pull over, and then raped them at gunpoint.  My wife and my daughters will not pull over unless they are in a well lit, populated area.  Don't think I don't worry that the ASP will attack them because so many police are bullies who want to make sure people "respect their authority"

Most of the videos of the ASP are them chasing legit scumbags, but they do hit and endanger people who aren't really criminals (70 in a 55 doesn't deserve a pit, when the driver is obviously not running, for example) using excessive force, and that is NEVER OK.  They need to be reigned in, and we need to do away with "qualified immunity" completely, which protects officers and the state when the rights of citizens are violated.

Growing up I thought cops were the good guys.  As I've gotten older my view of most of them has become very jaded.  I'm not a criminal, but a ! of a lot of LEO are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph.
The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle. The rider's reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.
The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.
All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..
Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners and especially everyone you know who has a MOBILE phone!!!
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Save a life. Stop talking on mobile phones and Texting while trying to drive.
The life you save may be your own..... Or mine...
Keep passing this on so everyone will see what can happen by using a mobile PHONE while driving

image.png

• Thanks 1

On August 16, 2023 at 9:16 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Big NOPE from me on that.  Cops aren't all good, and nobody needs that kind of tool to use (or misuse).

Never said they were all good, but just like in society ... We have the good and bad.... And that's not the only tool they use to disable cars, is it the 1st tool they choose ? Most likely , besides the use of spikes, but they used a 50 cal (1st ever used to stop a fleeing vehicle) to stop that nut in the semi. They also can use on star and I'm almost sure othe car making etc have the kinda the technology.. And some patrol units have some sorta devise shot from the patrol car that attaches to rear the fleeing vehicle ... That also interferes 

Electromagneticly 

On the one hand, I agree with you that everyone runs when they call the chases off, but on the other hand, I've see two instances just on film where the ASP has pitted people they shouldn’t  have, destroying property and putting lives in danger.

Yes... And what needs to happen there is... Best judgement... As in what did said scum do, is it worth putting life and limb on the line ? In some cases yes, in some no not a chance, I've seen enough to say many times they have had a clear chance at pitting... But what gets me is... Seems to me like they use spikes whenever they can, but it's not easy to make all those choices when the chase is still unfolding... In some cases i say if the road is clear enough... Pop the tires, or other ways including pitting, as like most of us have seen, some officers don't need to be anything close to involed with being a law inforcement officer

One was a pregnant woman who slowed down and put her flashers on, with the intent to take the next exit because she didn't feel safe pulling over at that spot on Hwy 67.  Cop pitted her and flipped her car because she didn't pull over fast enough to suit him.  The force used was excessive and reckless, and he should have lost his job and had his ! sued off, but instead he had "qualified immunity" which protected him from any consequences of his criminal behavior.

Agreed ^^^

The other were a couple of women taking their mother to the hospital, again, flashers on, and the cop pitted them on the exit that ONLY goes to Baptist Hospital in Little Rock.

Very sad.... And yes he or he should have faced crimminal charges.

I've told my girls to NOT pull over if they don't feel safe.  Put flashers on, call 911 and say a car with blue lights is behind them, and that they're driving to the nearest well lit parking lot or police station.  We have small town (like 100 people) speed traps around here with one "cop" who have unmarked cars and a Tshirt that says "Police".  I've told my girls under no circumstances are they to stop for an unmarked car until they come to a place with a lot of people around.  I've told them not to pull over for any car after dark, same thing, drive to a well lit area with lots of people around. 

I couldn't agree more ^^^^ we had (back in the day) a couple of jokers who aquired a blue light somr place, and would pull there friends over as a joke, i never thought much about it because i know the guys or did back then, no one was ever hurt, no females were ever involed ... It was for the biggest part a sick joke to have played.

Robert Todd Birmingham aka "The Blue Light Rapist" pulled over a girl in my hometown and raped her when she was 15.  He used a blue light to trick women into thinking he was a cop, got them to pull over, and then raped them at gunpoint.  My wife and my daughters will not pull over unless they are in a well lit, populated area.  Don't think I don't worry that the ASP will attack them because so many police are bullies who want to make sure people "respect their authority"

Im sorry that took place, i really don't have the words for such activity, sept he should be fried to a crisp....... Look ill say this and like your post where you stated you didn't care how people took what you said, well this is me... 1st time offenders ? I'd take that in , but multipul offenders... Let them lay in the bed they made for themselves, being gas chamber or chair. 

Most of the videos of the ASP are them chasing legit scumbags, but they do hit and endanger people who aren't really criminals (70 in a 55 doesn't deserve a pit, when the driver is obviously not running, for example) using excessive force, and that is NEVER OK.  They need to be reigned in, and we need to do away with "qualified immunity" completely, which protects officers and the state when the rights of citizens are violated.

Growing up I thought cops were the good guys.  As I've gotten older my view of most of them has become very jaded.  I'm not a criminal, but a ! of a lot of LEO are. 

I agree I'd say depending on the speed and what the scum did... And his or her crimminal past.... It's a nice dream jeep, but you and i , n others know that will never happen...the end result is those scum bags if not captured will keep doing what they know regardless of  the consequences ....There is no black or white to this..... Sadly it's a grey area, has been from day one, I'd like to think maybe there's a clear answer, but sadly... I don't see one, i was very impressed they used a 50 cal to disable the semi engine in that one chase, i don't see an issue with doing the same to a smaller vehicle, as for electric cars...i don't recall one ever seeing in a chase... But sure as the sun rises some whacko will try it.... You pop the radiator, chances now of hitting a air forced oil cooler are good... Or better then used to be... And no internal cubustion engine is going far or fast with loss of oil pressure 

Another ATV fatality in St Tammany Parish , Louisiana 

ST. TAMMANY PARISH, La. — The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal ATV crash that killed a 12-year-old girl and injured a 13-year-old girl.

The sheriff’s office reports the crash happened at about 7:00 p.m. Saturday in the Grande Hills neighborhood near Bush Louisiana.

Deputies say the two girls were riding an ATV vehicle on Churchill Downs Drive just south of Hialeah Drive when for an unknown reason the ATV went off the roadway and struck a tree.

The girls were transported by emergency medical personnel to the hospital. The 12-year-old succumbed to her injuries early Sunday morning, the sheriff’s office says. The 13-year-old girl's condition is unknown at this time.

St. Tammany Parish Coroner Dr. Charles Preston later identified the 12-year-old killed as Payton Strain.

“All too often families are devastated by accidents involving ATVs, especially those that severely injure or take the lives of children.  The Coroner’s office staff joins me and the victim’s family and friends in mourning this loss of life and in urging parents to take the greatest possible precautions in allowing children to drive an ATV alone or without attentive supervision,” said Dr. Preston.

“This is any parent’s worst nightmare. Whenever a child is involved in a tragic accident, it affects the whole community,” Sheriff Randy Smith said. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of both girls.”

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

We had 3 accidents here within the last 3 weeks. Not ATV related but very sad just the same. 17 year old girl (only child) driving home in a Ford fusion a 20 yr old girl driving a 3/4 ton truck crossed the center line hit her head on and killed her. Girl in pick up.was life flighted to Billings 2 hrs away. Still in critical condition.

A woman who has been in trouble and had multiple drug-related arrests pulled out in front of a motorcycle  and the guy on the bike died, she and the guy with her ran. Thankfully they found the truck in a storage unit and tracked her and the guy down.

This one turned my stomach. Guy was pulling a trailer and something didn't feel right, he stopped to check things out backed up, pulled forward, backed up again. His 5 year old daughter had gotten out of the back seat of the truck on the other side, when he got back i he didn't notice she was gone and when he backed up the 2nd time ran her over and killed her. Not sure how you recover mentally from that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

We had 3 accidents here within the last 3 weeks. Not ATV related but very sad just the same. 17 year old girl (only child) driving home in a Ford fusion a 20 yr old girl driving a 3/4 ton truck crossed the center line hit her head on and killed her. Girl in pick up.was life flighted to Billings 2 hrs away. Still in critical condition.

A woman who has been in trouble and had multiple drug-related arrests pulled out in front of a motorcycle  and the guy on the bike died, she and the guy with her ran. Thankfully they found the truck in a storage unit and tracked her and the guy down.

This one turned my stomach. Guy was pulling a trailer and something didn't feel right, he stopped to check things out backed up, pulled forward, backed up again. His 5 year old daughter had gotten out of the back seat of the truck on the other side, when he got back i he didn't notice she was gone and when he backed up the 2nd time ran her over and killed her. Not sure how you recover mentally from that.

A guy that I worked with had a brother in law with an excavating company .  BIL used to take his two year old son on the dozer with him.  The child somehow fell and was crushed by the dozer track.  My working buddy wasn't thrilled that his nephew had a bulldozer etched into the child's tombstone.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

You don't. 

I need to do some bush hogging on the farm.  The kid wants to ride the tractor with me.  Big NOPE. 

I can be as careful as I can, and something like that could still happen.  If it did, I don't know that I would survive it.

• Like 3

Wow , we have had some sad stories  here lately 

Years back a friend little brother became a Operating Engineer apprentice and he worked for the biggest / major construction company in New Orleans , he was a mechanical crane operator , I  worked for that company years before , back then when I worked there , the mechanics always assembled the cranes and did boom changes and rigging ,   the company was trying to save money and have the laborers do the boom change , from what I heard , they couldn't get the pin out the boom , it is not the operator's job but Craig  got out the seat and went to show the laborers how to drive the pin out , when the pin came out the boom fell and crushed Craig , they say he was still alive but have a hard time breathing as he was crushed , none of the laborers know how to operate the crane , there was a excavator\ 3 blocks away , by the time they went and got him and walked the machine  over , picked up the boom , Craig was dead 

• Thanks 1

Another friend of my Dad and myself was Bugs Johanson , he was a big lift operator that went all over the world operating big rigs , he retired and bought some land right here in Lacombe , La , they don't know what happened , but they found the tractor / bug hog running around the property with no one driving it , he had fallen off and the tractor ran over him and chopped him up, they say he might have had a heart attack 

• Thanks 1

There's a reason the most dangerous jobs in the world are farms and construction stuff.  Heavy equipment doesn't give.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Another friend of my Dad and myself was Bugs Johanson , he was a big lift operator that went all over the world operating big rigs , he retired and bought some land right here in Lacombe , La , they don't know what happened , but they found the tractor / bug hog running around the property with no one driving it , he had fallen off and the tractor ran over him and chopped him up, they say he might have had a heart attack 

Had kinda the same happen a few years back.... They think the same stroke or heart... Same deal someone drove by saw the tracter /hog (open station) circling the field with no rider... A few rescue guys left heavy rescue over that one others had to seek out mental help.. I was out by then... My ag teacher was advising our class on shop dangers, and told us about an incident ... Involed a mill or rotery saw of some type, guy was at the right place wrong time, the machine struck a knot in the plank, shot across the shop struck the guy in the head, killed him, and fish... There's also that multi piece semi rim deal... I shutter just thinking about that one... My old friend Gus (passed away now) saw a guy cut in half... By one of those that blew the lock ring off, he was not using the cage, but rather kneeling over the tire inflating it, and you get the rest... It was bad ... Parts of him were thrown to the shop ceiling ... I was always un nerved when i helped ok guy do those type semi wheels, but he was the man! Never ever had a close call, if he had one questionable.. We use his massy front end loader to control it if he thought it might blow apart...  

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Had kinda the same happen a few years back.... They think the same stroke or heart... Same deal someone drove by saw the tracter /hog (open station) circling the field with no rider... A few rescue guys left heavy rescue over that one others had to seek out mental help.. I was out by then... My ag teacher was advising our class on shop dangers, and told us about an incident ... Involed a mill or rotery saw of some type, guy was at the right place wrong time, the machine struck a knot in the plank, shot across the shop struck the guy in the head, killed him, and fish... There's also that multi piece semi rim deal... I shutter just thinking about that one... My old friend Gus (passed away now) saw a guy cut in half... By one of those that blew the lock ring off, he was not using the cage, but rather kneeling over the tire inflating it, and you get the rest... It was bad ... Parts of him were thrown to the shop ceiling ... I was always un nerved when i helped ok guy do those type semi wheels, but he was the man! Never ever had a close call, if he had one questionable.. We use his massy front end loader to control it if he thought it might blow apart...  

The fellow  I mentioned , Bugs , when we lived in New Orleans he lived a few blocks from us , but he owned a lot right behind us , he had the tractor and bush hog there cause he would cut lots for money , so one day he was cutting his lot and hit something , it was a big blade and broke , it flew thru the air and went thru the brick wall of a two story apartment next to our house where our neighbor's niece Jan lived , the blade was sticking thru the wall and two foot into the apartment , right over the sofa , she wasn't home when it happened 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

The fellow  I mentioned , Bugs , when we lived in New Orleans he lived a few blocks from us , but he owned a lot right behind us , he had the tractor and bush hog there cause he would cut lots for money , so one day he was cutting his lot and hit something , it was a big blade and broke , it flew thru the air and went thru the brick wall of a two story apartment next to our house where our neighbor's niece Jan lived , the blade was sticking thru the wall and two foot into the apartment , right over the sofa , she wasn't home when it happened 

That kinda outdoes the coat hanger stuck in the wood siding of my parents home.  We think Mom dropped a coat hanger while hanging laundry to dry and Dad found it with the lawn mower.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

That kinda outdoes the coat hanger stuck in the wood siding of my parents home.  We think Mom dropped a coat hanger while hanging laundry to dry and Dad found it with the lawn mower.

My neighbor Dennis , my age , use to cut the Babin's grass , he hit a clothes hanger with the lawn mower and it went in his leg so bad , me and Mr Pete tried to  pull it out and couldn't , it went so deep we had to take him to the ER to get it removed , he walked with crotchets for weeks 

• Thanks 1

Oh man..... The stories this thread brings back....some kinda funny some just out right sad.... Brings me to this one which I've posted before... Painting a picture... I really don't have time but i will...... Had this guy that worked for us for a few years... But he worked for a rather larg farming operation not too far from my place... They were blowing silage into an upright..silo..well it's not really a dangerous job, but this one was because of th setup... A 1000 rpm pto was involed....well the guy was standing just a TAD too close ... Some how, the pto (at full loaded speed) grabed a small rip in his blue jeans ... Before he had time to think he felt it... Spun around and braced himself.. (Now this is most likely what saved him... He road everywhere on a bicycle ....so his legs were strong...) and his pants and draws... Were snatched right off wrapped around the drive shaft, soon after that happened one of the partners drove up with another load to blown... Got out to see the poor guy shaken And half nude... Walked asked if he was okay and what in ---- happened... Fellah told him... Wasn't too long before a brand new anti wrapp pto shield was put back on the silage blower.... Same silage blower also took someone's co-op tan jacket off them... Another close call but that time the guy was pulled back into the shaft,and the jacket peeled off of him.... I've seen the after effects of a  cow that walked up to un attended silage blowers and loose a foot via the turn table (pic) silage was awlays a favorite job of mine, but very dangerous... From engines exploding to driveshaft wrapp, and drive line failure... For those that don't know figure something close to a commercail wood chipper on steroids ...

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

16 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Oh man..... The stories this thread brings back....some kinda funny some just out right sad.... Brings me to this one which I've posted before... Painting a picture... I really don't have time but i will...... Had this guy that worked for us for a few years... But he worked for a rather larg farming operation not too far from my place... They were blowing silage into an upright..silo..well it's not really a dangerous job, but this one was because of th setup... A 1000 rpm pto was involed....well the guy was standing just a TAD too close ... Some how, the pto (at full loaded speed) grabed a small rip in his blue jeans ... Before he had time to think he felt it... Spun around and braced himself.. (Now this is most likely what saved him... He road everywhere on a bicycle ....so his legs were strong...) and his pants and draws... Were snatched right off wrapped around the drive shaft, soon after that happened one of the partners drove up with another load to blown... Got out to see the poor guy shaken And half nude... Walked asked if he was okay and what in ---- happened... Fellah told him... Wasn't too long before a brand new anti wrapp pto shield was put back on the silage blower.... Same silage blower also took someone's co-op tan jacket off them... Another close call but that time the guy was pulled back into the shaft,and the jacket peeled off of him.... I've seen the after effects of a  cow that walked up to un attended silage blowers and loose a foot via the turn table (pic) silage was awlays a favorite job of mine, but very dangerous... From engines exploding to driveshaft wrapp, and drive line failure... For those that don't know figure something close to a commercail wood chipper on steroids ...

image.jpg

I saw a video floating around a few years ago of a guy who got to close to a spinning lathe in a huge machine shop.  It grabbed whatever he was wearing and pulled him in.  He got snatched up and spun on that lathe, and pretty much just disintegrated. 

It was awful to watch, and I don't want to look for it or see it again.  It did make me much more mindful of the dangers of a PTO shaft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't see that one, but if see one of a guy who got to close to one... That was already shut off, but the weight and momentum .... Got his leg ( if mem serves me right) he was very lucky to only have his leg broken in several places... But.... A few years ago a man was killed in columbia... At a aluminum recycling plant... What i recall... Went out over the radio (fire rescue dispatch) man had some how lost his footing went head first into a shredder.... That's all i ever heard about that.... Really didnt want anymore detail...... Some of the worst... For safty have to be russian oil rig accidents........ There more suited for those sick movies (faces of death) i wouldn't recomend anyone watch those... Cause they are real... Never before had i ever seen what drawn and quartered was till i watched it on faces of death.... If you not know... It's when each limb is tied to a sepperate horse... And you Purdy much ripped apart ... They still do that in some countries for not paying taxes... You don't want to know what a man has done to him if hes unfaithful......to his wife... And people think this country is too cruel (not me) .... To crimminals.... Ha! I beg to differ.... 

Edit: as a rule of mine i don't give sad ratings, i give a (thanks) for sharing because people need reminders of what CAN happen un expectedly. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

... Some of the worst... For safty have to be russian oil rig accidents........

Pretty sure that video I saw of the guy getting caught in a lathe was somewhere in Eastern Europe or Russia.  It was bad.

• Thanks 1

Yeah prolly so....I'll tell yeah, the one that really shocked me was when that flight crewmen got sucked into and fell out of a jet running jet engine... It's kind of an old one Purdy sure you've seen it, took place on flight deck of  an aircraft carrier, one of ours ...guy just got scraped up Purdy good, but lived to recover completely i believe .... I'd have thought bed have been shredded... There's also deadliest catch... They've had some bad incidents .... Don't know if y'all watch that show....it's just as real as OPL .... And i think that job is also rated in the top 10 of deadliest .... Just happens (deadliest catches) deck boss nick mcglashan died as result of street level (pure poison) fentanyl in Nashville tn of all places....i gotta lot respect for those guys, and man! talk about living a rich but hard life....... 

image.jpg

• Like 1