Fishfiles

Accidents

@bcsman in regards to the chat last night here's the pic..... she smashed into the sonic order display....... never even went and talked to the manager, just got what she ordered, and had some guy from the tire shop next door back it out, i did advise her, don't blame this on me. 

image.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@bcsman in regards to the chat last night here's the pic..... she smashed into the sonic order display....... never even went and talked to the manager, just got what she ordered, and had some guy from the tire shop next door back it out, i did advise her, don't blame this on me. 

image.jpg

that will buff right out...lol.

• Haha 2

Wife got hit last Tuesday. Luckily no one hurt. 

Another woman ran a red light, hit my wife on the driver’s side. 

Wife saw it coming and swerved right so it wasn’t a dead on hit. 

Tore up the side of her car pretty good, and looks like it broke the upper control arm/a arm. 

Had to have it towed, and have been waiting for a police report as the other woman’s insurance won’t do anything without assigning blame, even though my wife, the woman who hit her, and a witness all say that the woman ran the light (she knows my wife, nice woman, just wasn’t paying attention and when the car in front of her didn’t stop (they turned right) she didn’t either).

Anyhow, going to stop being nice about it Monday.

We’re supposed to take a trip in the next week and I’m going to stop being polite if they don’t get a rental lined up Monday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Tore up the side of her car pretty good, and looks like it broke the upper control arm/a arm. 

Had to have it towed, and have been waiting for a police report as the other woman’s insurance won’t do anything without assigning blame, even though my wife, the woman who hit her, and a witness all say that the woman ran the light (she knows my wife, nice woman, just wasn’t paying attention and when the car in front of her didn’t stop (they turned right) she didn’t either).

Anyhow, going to stop being nice about it Monday. I hate insurance companies almost as much as I hate politicians.

We’re supposed to take a trip in the next week and I’m going to stop being polite if they don’t get a rental lined up Monday.

i did a stupid move the other day, was going on a run, got to a stop light, made a full stop mind you, traffic light was green other way, i do not know what i was thinking ?, BUT I WAS NOT THINKING !..LOL. like an moron, i stopped, then proceeded to drive right on across as if i was doing a 4-way stop..grrrrr..yeah...dumb move..thank goodness no traffic was coming either way ?!. yikes !. i had a lot going on through my mind at that time, ( which i won't get into as it involves here..rofl ), needless to say..i did not get in a wreck ?, but it sure gave me a wake up call !!..lol. bottom line : PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE ON THE ROAD, WOODS, WHERE EVER ?..EYES OPEN , MIND IN RIGHT PLACE !.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I hate politicians.

Hey , Isn't  that statement political and hate speech all wrapped up in one !!!!  ----   If I  can't beat them , join them ---  LOL 

• Like 1

boy, y'all never get tired of poking at that hornets nest... sorry but y'all left that door WIDE open... lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

boy, y'all never get tired of poking at that hornets nest... sorry but y'all left that door WIDE open... lol

Well if it is good for the goose then it should be good for the gander too 

The wife and  I  both got stung by a hornet yesterday , me on my foot , wife had to go get some more Benadril , my foot is still swollen 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Anyhow, going to stop being nice about it Monday. I hate insurance companies almost as much as I hate politicians.

It's sad to have to do it this way but if you want to be treated fairly by insurance companies go see a doctor.  Your heath insurance company sends up big red flags as soon as "accident" is mentioned on the doctor's report.  It's also good in case something pops up later.

8 hours ago, shadetree said:

i did a stupid move the other day, was going on a run, got to a stop light, made a full stop mind you, traffic light was green other way, i do not know what i was thinking ?, BUT I WAS NOT THINKING !..LOL. like an moron, i stopped, then proceeded to drive right on across as if i was doing a 4-way stop..grrrrr..yeah...dumb move..thank goodness no traffic was coming either way ?!. yikes !. i had a lot going on through my mind at that time, ( which i won't get into as it involves here..rofl ), needless to say..i did not get in a wreck ?, but it sure gave me a wake up call !!..lol. bottom line : PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE ON THE ROAD, WOODS, WHERE EVER ?..EYES OPEN , MIND IN RIGHT PLACE !.

I pulled in front of someone, looking at the green light and not the green arrow.  

Luckily the guy slowed down. I’m sure it ticked him off, and rightfully so. 

Doesnt take but a second of not paying attention.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Hey , Isn't  that statement political and hate speech all wrapped up in one !!!!  ----   If I  can't beat them , join them ---  LOL 

If it’s one thing all Americans agree on, it is an abysmal approval rating of Congress as a whole, lol 

And a general dislike of insurance companies

However, if my statement is perceived to be against the rules, then I will delete it

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Well if it is good for the goose then it should be good for the gander too 

The wife and  I  both got stung by a hornet yesterday , me on my foot , wife had to go get some more Benadril , my foot is still swollen 

Glad to see you were out and about, even if it does mean you got stung lol

now revenge time. Find the nest. Destroy them, and listen to the lamentations of their women and children

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

It's sad to have to do it this way but if you want to be treated fairly by insurance companies go see a doctor.  Your heath insurance company sends up big red flags as soon as "accident" is mentioned on the doctor's report.  It's also good in case something pops up later.

You are not the first to recommend this. My wife has a pretty good background when it comes to medical, and she said that the way she was here she was 99.9999% sure that she would never have any issues from it.

As for getting the insurance companies attention, a lawyer will certainly do that, and luckily my father-in-law has a friend who is a lawyer and who doesn’t mind doing things like that

534349F7-E634-4241-84DC-7D993C8DBC3D.jpeg

That's good.  I'm glad your wife's OK.

Around here unless there's an injury the local police don't usually cite the driver at fault telling those involved to just settle it with your insurance companies.   Ohio State Patrol is the exception.   Those guys and gals are top notch in all respects.  Another problem we have is with the lack of drivers without insurance.   If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver the local cops don't usually note on the report the no insurance violation.   Only if they do note no insurance do you have the ability to file a claim with the State of Ohio to be able to sue the other driver.  This petition involves 6 pages of information much of which is very difficult to obtain without a lawyer.   Law states if the petition form has a mistake it is void and you don't get a second chance.  I've done three when I worked with the help of the company legal department for drunks knocking over RR flashers and gates ($20,000 minimum damage)  and never heard back from the State.  I actually had to go talk to the cop that took the report and get him to ammend his report showing no insurance.

Makes me want to keep a Louisville Slugger in the car in case I get hit by someone without insurance.   I'll smash every part of his car that got damaged on mine.😳😮😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Glad to see you were out and about, even if it does mean you got stung lol

now revenge time. Find the nest. Destroy them, and listen to the lamentations of their women and children

The nest went with the boat  which I sold yesterday !!!! 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

sheesh! i didn't mean to jinx y'all ? hope y'all are both okay, but of you want to go ahead and tell her it's wilson, he's a trouble maker haha! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The nest went with the boat  which I sold yesterday !!!! 

nice! a boat that comes with  an automatic self arming anti theft system. :D 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

We just got home and a hornet was flying around my truck in it's new parking spot where the boat use to be , he might be mad his nest is gone , wonder if the guy that bought the boat got bit , he was taking the boat  out on the water today  , the nest was inside the trailer tongue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

If it’s one thing all Americans agree on, it is an abysmal approval rating of Congress as a whole, lol 

And a general dislike of insurance companies

However, if my statement is perceived to be against the rules, then I will delete it

You know I was joking with you I could care less if you talk politics ----  but where do you draw the fine  line 

6 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

That's good.  I'm glad your wife's OK.

Around here unless there's an injury the local police don't usually cite the driver at fault telling those involved to just settle it with your insurance companies.   Ohio State Patrol is the exception.   Those guys and gals are top notch in all respects.  Another problem we have is with the lack of drivers without insurance.   If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver the local cops don't usually note on the report the no insurance violation.   Only if they do note no insurance do you have the ability to file a claim with the State of Ohio to be able to sue the other driver.  This petition involves 6 pages of information much of which is very difficult to obtain without a lawyer.   Law states if the petition form has a mistake it is void and you don't get a second chance.  I've done three when I worked with the help of the company legal department for drunks knocking over RR flashers and gates ($20,000 minimum damage)  and never heard back from the State.  I actually had to go talk to the cop that took the report and get him to ammend his report showing no insurance.

Makes me want to keep a Louisville Slugger in the car in case I get hit by someone without insurance.   I'll smash every part of his car that got damaged on mine.😳😮😉

For years my premiums have gone up because I live in a “higher risk area“

We have USAA which used to be a tremendous insurance company but are now just like all the rest.

The other driver had state farm. My wife know the woman who hit her and the woman’s husband. The woman filed a claim with State Farm immediately and texted my wife with the claim number. She admitted fault, we had a witness who saw her run the light and stated such, and of course my wife told the same story. State Farm still says they need to “establish fault“ before they will provide a rental for my wife. 

That’s going to be a whole Nother battle as we are supposed to go on a trip late this week and my wife said she “expects a luxury SUV” because her car is a luxury SUV.  Given what she has paid for that car I don’t blame her, Given that she wasn’t at fault.

She said if she doesn’t get a police report tomorrow, she is going to take our two-year-old up to the mayors office and sit there and let the kids run wild and if they ask her to leave say “I don’t have a car until the police do their job and give me an accident report”

Did I mention that the local state farm agent is also the Mayor?

State Farm also called my wife and interrogated her as to whether she was paying attention, speeding, had anyone in the car with her who might have distracted her, whether she was familiar with the intersection, if she knew what the speed limit was going through the intersection etc. etc.

With her mouth, I’m honestly surprised she didn’t say “it doesn’t matter if I were drunk and driving twice the speed limit while texting, YOUR covered ran the light and hit me, so get me a dang rental!”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

You know I was joking with you I could care less if you talk politics ----  but where do you draw the fine  line 

Yeah I know, but what I said didn’t really have to be said to get my point across, so not a big deal.

21 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

glad no one was hurt, and good catch on her part swerving right (thumbs up) 

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

glad no one was hurt, and good catch on her part swerving right (thumbs up) 

She has much quicker reactions than I do.

She can smack me 4-5 times before I even react

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

She can smack me 4-5 times before I even react

I'm not even going to ask.... lol.... you've been in the dog house, slapped .... etc.... brother, I'd be carefull around her... i had one like that, she was so much fun to tick off, but i hope you never end up being shaved bald, in your sleep,  and dyed pink later like i was... lol! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

@jeep, over here i had to go get the police report myself from the police department, cost me some cash, like 5 bucks or something ?, then i took it to my insurance company. the police will not just give the report to you here !..lol. neither insurance will act until they get a police report. as for the cost of insurance ?, mine goes by you're credit score !.