LedFTed

Alpha Gal

broke out last year, rashes, welps, and itching all over. i didnt know about Alpha Gal, then, or what what causing the systems. get tested this past week an tested positive.

consuming red meat, or pork, cases an allergic reaction. My reaction to red meat or bacon, has grown less. [WHAT,NO BACON!!!] some arint as lucky.

Posted (edited)

it's caused by certain (lone star) tick bites, well leaving the tick on for extended times, sometimes this goes away on it's own, as long as your not bitten by another tick, my sister has a friend who has this, and over time has gotten less, and less severe, but she can't eat any red meat and no pork and other certain foods, there is no known treatment for it, from what her friend told her. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

broke out last year, rashes, welps, and itching all over. i didnt know about Alpha Gal, then, or what what causing the systems. get tested this past week an tested positive.

consuming red meat, or pork, cases an allergic reaction. My reaction to red meat or bacon, has grown less. [WHAT,NO BACON!!!] some arint as lucky.

'Ted , do I have this story right , you were with a gal named Alpha and now you got rashes , whelps and itching >>>>>  that don't sound like a meat problem to me ,  sounds like crabs  , LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

'Fish , i knew that was coming. dang your quick.

[thats what she said]. 🤣

• Haha 4

Never knew that was a thing.  Glad yours is getting better.  I wouldn't want to do without all that tasty beef and pork. 

it's very rare, from what my younger sister has told me, mostly if your immune system is somewhat compromised, your more likely to catch it, along with being bitten by ticks all the time, but there some who never get over it. Shannon (sisters friend) has had this for 10 years. 

18 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Never knew that was a thing.  Glad yours is getting better.  I wouldn't want to do without all that tasty beef and pork. 

neither do i, till i got it, and even didnt know then. told my VA doctor the systems, and they didn't even know to test for it.

Wow , 'Ted , I never heard of Alpha gal before you brought it up , i just read up on it , seems the Lone Star tick is the way you get a sugar molecule which starts it off 

15 hours ago, LedFTed said:

neither do i, till i got it, and even didnt know then. told my VA doctor the systems, and they didn't even know to test for it.

no they wouldn't, that's how rare it is. but once you get it, it hangs in for a while, i didn't even know anything about this till i was talking to my younger sister and she informed me about her friend Shannon, said she was having food allergies, after a camping trip she took, apparently this is becoming a real issue ? i mean how many doctors ask if you've been bitten by a tick ? most would think a person should do a self check (there own responsibility) 

Just sent an email to the SG, saying just maybe doctosr could be advised to test at least once every two years.

Well; i read up on RMSF an alpha gal. the only symptoms, i had were consistent with alpha gal. both can be very serious to some people leading to death. RMSF seems to be the worst. i can eat red meat an bacon without a reaction. the only thing i can figure is, something is blocking the reaction. could be the budweiser or Jim Beam, buts thats highly unlikely. So, i take Gemfibrozil for cholesterol, when i remember. still got a full bottle from last year. was 180 tablets, 600 mg, now its probably 150 tablets. the other thing i can think of is powdered vitamin C powder. though sometimes i aint consistent with that neither. i got my weight below 125lbs, its right for me, maybe having a good body weight index is a thing?

the doctor prescribed DOXYCYLINE, for the RMSF. supposed to be a strong antibiotic.

i also dont have the Gene for diabetes, though it runs in the family.  //ed

On 3/31/2021 at 6:05 AM, Fishfiles said:

Wow , 'Ted , I never heard of Alpha gal before you brought it up , i just read up on it , seems the Lone Star tick is the way you get a sugar molecule which starts it off 

all ticks

Posted (edited)

got another tick just the other day. i didnt spray my socks with repel 40. i did when i got back in the house, it was to late. least the seed tick scraped off easy enough. that deet 40 works on spiders as well.

still itching a bit from the tick bite. anyway a wolf spider was crawling down the basement wall, and i didnt have nothing to catch and release. so i sprayed with the 40 deet. it fell on a piece of aluminum foil i lay on top of the scanner, to attract bugs. i also spray that withe the deet. it, the wolf spider got to jumping up and down on the foil. it was making a heck of a noise.. then it crawled over 3 ft. of the wall, and fell in the floor an died.

i had two hamburger patty's a slice of cheese on toast, with onions, mustard, some lettuce, and it didnt bother me a bit. maybe the x-tra vitamin c helps???

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 1