LedFTed

Alpha Gal

broke out last year, rashes, welps, and itching all over. i didnt know about Alpha Gal, then, or what what causing the systems. get tested this past week an tested positive.

consuming red meat, or pork, cases an allergic reaction. My reaction to red meat or bacon, has grown less. [WHAT,NO BACON!!!] some arint as lucky.

• Like 1

it's caused by certain (lone star) tick bites, well leaving the tick on for extended times, sometimes this goes away on it's own, as long as your not bitten by another tick, my sister has a friend who has this, and over time has gotten less, and less severe, but she can't eat any red meat and no pork and other certain foods, there is no known treatment for it, from what her friend told her. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

broke out last year, rashes, welps, and itching all over. i didnt know about Alpha Gal, then, or what what causing the systems. get tested this past week an tested positive.

consuming red meat, or pork, cases an allergic reaction. My reaction to red meat or bacon, has grown less. [WHAT,NO BACON!!!] some arint as lucky.

'Ted , do I have this story right , you were with a gal named Alpha and now you got rashes , whelps and itching >>>>>  that don't sound like a meat problem to me ,  sounds like crabs  , LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

'Fish , i knew that was coming. dang your quick.

[thats what she said]. 🤣

• Haha 4

Never knew that was a thing.  Glad yours is getting better.  I wouldn't want to do without all that tasty beef and pork. 

• Like 1

it's very rare, from what my younger sister has told me, mostly if your immune system is somewhat compromised, your more likely to catch it, along with being bitten by ticks all the time, but there some who never get over it. Shannon (sisters friend) has had this for 10 years. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Never knew that was a thing.  Glad yours is getting better.  I wouldn't want to do without all that tasty beef and pork. 

neither do i, till i got it, and even didnt know then. told my VA doctor the systems, and they didn't even know to test for it.

Wow , 'Ted , I never heard of Alpha gal before you brought it up , i just read up on it , seems the Lone Star tick is the way you get a sugar molecule which starts it off 

15 hours ago, LedFTed said:

neither do i, till i got it, and even didnt know then. told my VA doctor the systems, and they didn't even know to test for it.

no they wouldn't, that's how rare it is. but once you get it, it hangs in for a while, i didn't even know anything about this till i was talking to my younger sister and she informed me about her friend Shannon, said she was having food allergies, after a camping trip she took, apparently this is becoming a real issue ? i mean how many doctors ask if you've been bitten by a tick ? most would think a person should do a self check (there own responsibility) 

Just sent an email to the SG, saying just maybe doctosr could be advised to test at least once every two years.

Well; i read up on RMSF an alpha gal. the only symptoms, i had were consistent with alpha gal. both can be very serious to some people leading to death. RMSF seems to be the worst. i can eat red meat an bacon without a reaction. the only thing i can figure is, something is blocking the reaction. could be the budweiser or Jim Beam, buts thats highly unlikely. So, i take Gemfibrozil for cholesterol, when i remember. still got a full bottle from last year. was 180 tablets, 600 mg, now its probably 150 tablets. the other thing i can think of is powdered vitamin C powder. though sometimes i aint consistent with that neither. i got my weight below 125lbs, its right for me, maybe having a good body weight index is a thing?

the doctor prescribed DOXYCYLINE, for the RMSF. supposed to be a strong antibiotic.

i also dont have the Gene for diabetes, though it runs in the family.  //ed

On 3/31/2021 at 6:05 AM, Fishfiles said:

Wow , 'Ted , I never heard of Alpha gal before you brought it up , i just read up on it , seems the Lone Star tick is the way you get a sugar molecule which starts it off 

all ticks

got another tick just the other day. i didnt spray my socks with repel 40. i did when i got back in the house, it was to late. least the seed tick scraped off easy enough. that deet 40 works on spiders as well.

still itching a bit from the tick bite. anyway a wolf spider was crawling down the basement wall, and i didnt have nothing to catch and release. so i sprayed with the 40 deet. it fell on a piece of aluminum foil i lay on top of the scanner, to attract bugs. i also spray that withe the deet. it, the wolf spider got to jumping up and down on the foil. it was making a heck of a noise.. then it crawled over 3 ft. of the wall, and fell in the floor an died.

i had two hamburger patty's a slice of cheese on toast, with onions, mustard, some lettuce, and it didnt bother me a bit. maybe the x-tra vitamin c helps???

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 1

going to twist this up some, have any of you heard of morgellens disease, have any advise or facts on this ? the person living in my home claims to have this along with lime disease, and alpha gal, how someone could let a tick stay on long enough to contract all three is beyond me, it's also said this could be related to sifilis, I'd like narrow this down some, no doctor I've talked to can give me much on morgellens, but to say there is no cure, some say it's a flat out mental disorder which wouldn't shock me (in her case), and yet others say it's from years of taking medication, that's not needed. 

• Like 1

On July 16, 2020 Morgellons is a systemic disease that has not yet gained widespread acceptance in the medical community, yet it actually exists just as AID/HIV existed 30 years ago before Medical science recognized it. It is similar to scabies, which is a contagious skin disease in which parasites burrow under the skin and lay eggs.

• Sad 1

thank you fish, i never thought about scabies, i knew a boy that had scabies back years ago, but just met him once, he was the son of a girl i was dating, which didnt last long, so i never got to talk to him about the illness, although his mom did tell me it was contagious. 

• Like 1

Bugs burrowing into your skin is a terrible thing  ---- I was lined up to go overseas for Weatherford and I chickened out , I referred my buddy Lenny Zeller , he went and was loving it , he would make a lot of extra money bring things over there and selling them every thirty day hitch , used Levis jeans and chocolate bars were his  big sellers , he used to get $100 for a pair of used jeans in Turkish Armenia back in the late 80s --- so he got bit by a bug called the kissing bug while sleeping on the lip in Nigeria  , he didn't know what it was at the time just a bite that wouldn't heal  , they lay an egg inside your skin that turned into a larva and it travels to and got lodged in his heart and he died young in his 30s , terrible way to go 

My buddy at the flea market Andy's daughter is going thru treatment right now for a tick bite she got camping , as far as I know they have not giving it a name yet , like Lyme Disease or what ever but she was sick , she pulled it out and the head stood in and got all infected , I know you  use heat to burn them and make them back out , also heard of putting something on them to make it where they can't breath and they will back out  , can't remember what it was , oil or vaseline 

hmm interesting facts, i always pulled my out, well the few I've ever Been biten by, i hate to hear that about your friend, it most defenntly had to be a bad way to go. my bad for the spelling  of lime >>> Lyme disease, but don't ticks have to stay on for a extended lenght of time to contract that ? or have i been told wrong ? she claims to have had Lyme twice, rock mountain fever once, alpha gal once, and now morgellens..... i don't understand how someone could catch all of this, i reckon sickly, i myself have never had any of those, nor lice, scabies, or any other thing, i reckon I'm just too tuff, haha, i couldnt imagine having bugs under my skin, makes my arm hair stand on end.....just thinking about it,  you recall Stacy, and dale (my neighbors) well, when they 1st moved in the fat Russians house, it was infested with fleas, took them along time to take care of that mess, Dom, nor lorry  ever bathed there dogs, and i tell you, i still have a hard time walking in there house. but Stacy and dale are great people, i couldn't brag enough on them. lorry, and Dom, were/are flat more trash, just glad there no longer here around my area, I've got NO use for filthy people! now, getting dirty and nasty working, yup, that i respect, (been there many times)  but just being to lazy to clean yourself ????? NOPE, i would imagine that's how come she has all these tick related diseases, the one time i went to Roberts (idiot stepfather) he place was just plain disgusting! i never went back, and he's not allowed in my home. 

I am no tick expert , had a few that filled up with blood on me before from being in the woods , my dad's method was two wooden matches , light them blow them out and very quickly while they were still hot , squeeze lightly with one on each side the tick , like chop sticks  , it burns them and they let go , they back their head out , you don't want to squeeze too hard cause you will pump the body contents into your skin and that might be the start of them diseases your talking about , and  you don't want to pull them hard without some burn as the head will break off and stay in your skin ----I have used tweezers and heated them up with a lighter --- the other method is to suffocate them by putting something over them like oil oor grease ----would guess there is some medical  compound out there  to fit the job ---- seen thread used to lasso them out --- and many say just pull them straight up and out with your finger nails 

talk about gross , check this out 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

oh wow! that 1st video was almost too much, talk about nasty, i couldn't even imagine it! but i e always pulled the few I've had out with my fingers, never had an issue i reckon because i catch them very very soon, before they get dug in good anything crawling on my skin i feel, i have no clue why, maybe low body fat ? and they really don't bother me much, i reckon I'm to sour, lol, or taste bad, lol but her, they eat her up, most likely because years and years of doing drugs (prescription pills) and not being clean, i really couldn't say, but to catch all four Lyme, alpha gal, Rocky Mountain, and morgellens ???? just doesn't add up to me, less then a 1000 people a year contract morgellens, but she has told my sister in the past (when they were talking) she had ticks stay on her for weeks at a time, i can't understand that at all, why the heck would anyone let those blood suckers stay on them for an extended time ?? 

• Like 1

Ivermectin and/or Hydroxychloroquine might work to treat Morgellons safely? Those two drugs work on a lot of internal parasites including Malaria, viruses and bacterias. You can get prescriptions for them from online doctors too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh wow! that 1st video was almost too much, talk about nasty, i couldn't even imagine it! but i e always pulled the few I've had out with my fingers, never had an issue i reckon because i catch them very very soon, before they get dug in good anything crawling on my skin i feel, i have no clue why, maybe low body fat ? and they really don't bother me much, i reckon I'm to sour, lol, or taste bad, lol but her, they eat her up, most likely because years and years of doing drugs (prescription pills) and not being clean, i really couldn't say, but to catch all four Lyme, alpha gal, Rocky Mountain, and morgellens ???? just doesn't add up to me, less then a 1000 people a year contract morgellens, but she has told my sister in the past (when they were talking) she had ticks stay on her for weeks at a time, i can't understand that at all, why the heck would anyone let those blood suckers stay on them for an extended time ?? 

I wish I would have not seen that video , it is a picture that sticks in your mind , can't even begin to imagine how it got that far 

Seems that Morgellens has not gained a lot of acceptance yet , so there could be many cases out there , but  most diagnosed as something else ----personally I don't believe in doctors --- always think of a saying ,  bad doctors bury their mistakes , I think a lot of them are just looking to make a buck and not cure you as then they would be out a job 

Another thing besides Lyme disease and such from ticks  to be afraid of is West Nile , they catch mosquito in a truck with a big shrimp trawl looking net on the roof and by traps and then test them , every so ofter they report on finding it in mosquitos caught  or someone that got it 

• Like 1