mechanicuss

1st post. 1st time ATV owner.

Hi. Mechanicuss here. Retired Mechanical Engineer. Finally purchased my first ATV at 63 years old!  Mission: Steep hilly Appalachian terrain hollows ("hollers" lol) and greenfield bottoms, on my family's property in the Heart of Dixie. Mostly single track type close-together timber and deep woods cow trails. So, I bought a '21 manual shift Honda Recon! It fits in the bed of my Ram with the tailgate up, which is a plus (getting a trailer in would be a nightmare). Small footprint helps me weave through timber. So far it has been perfect. I worried about it's climbing ability, but it climbs like a scalded cat.

Anyway, glad to meet y'all. You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

Mechanicuss out.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mechanicuss said:

Hi. Mechanicuss here. Retired Mechanical Engineer. Finally purchased my first ATV at 63 years old!  Mission: Steep hilly Appalachian terrain hollows ("hollers" lol) and greenfield bottoms, on my family's property in the Heart of Dixie. Mostly single track type close-together timber and deep woods cow trails. So, I bought a '21 manual shift Honda Recon! It fits in the bed of my Ram with the tailgate up, which is a plus (getting a trailer in would be a nightmare). Small footprint helps me weave through timber. So far it has been perfect. I worried about it's climbing ability, but it climbs like a scalded cat.

Anyway, glad to meet y'all. You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

Mechanicuss out.

Welcome to the forum ....  I see we got a few things  in common , 63 , Ram trucks , Hondas , Operating /Mechanical Engineer , Heart of Dixie and tight trails 

Welcome, we have another 60 ish member now lots of us older here.  Always a good thing when you are happy with your buying decisions....

• Like 1