jeepwm69

"Free" 2004 450 Foreman, now a build thread.

Pretty sure I have some rear 450 racks , but the shipping would likely be high as .... 

• Thanks 1

Waiting on a rear rack for this one.  $120 shipped, coming from Hot Springs AR.  It shows as "picked up" on the 8th by the USPS.  No updates since. 🤬

i've got to do some welding on this rear rack for this '02 trx450fm, right rear mounting leg got busted up, i think i can fix it though?.

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

i've got to do some welding on this rear rack for this '02 trx450fm, right rear mounting leg got busted up, i think i can fix it though?.

Mine finally showed up last weekend.  Got it painted, but not mounted yet. 

4 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Mine finally showed up last weekend.  Got it painted, but not mounted yet. 

slacker !!..lol.

slacker !!..lol.

yeah I got thinking earlier you’ll probably finish your 2nd 450 restoration before I get this one done lol

Well it's not like you just up and disappears for weeks at a time, jeep, What was the longest stretch he was Mia ? 6 months ?? Lol!

Edited by _Wilson_™

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Well it's not like you just up and disappears for weeks at a time, jeep, What was the longest stretch he was Mia ? 6 months ?? Lol!

lol..when RLS happens ?..that takes 1st place of here, i do have a life outside of atvs ya know !..lol.

Maybe I need to quit screwing around on the forum all the time and get some wrenching done LOL

One thing about Shade, he starts a project and that crap gets done quick!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Maybe I need to quit screwing around on the forum all the time and get some wrenching done LOL

One thing about Shade, he starts a project and that crap gets done quick!

drop by my house, i'll put ya to work !..rofl.

drop by my house, i'll put ya to work !..rofl.

If you'll watch this 3 year old tornado, I can get some work done!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

If you'll watch this 3 year old tornado, I can get some work done!

not only provide work for ya..but i gotta baby sit ya too ???...rofl.

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:47 AM, AKATV said:

Jeep

I had the exact same problem a while back- oil pressure didn’t look right- wasn’t making it to the top end and was just trickling/bubbling out the lower oil cooler hole

I found, when putting the front clutch cover on, the dowel pin with the O-ring that goes between the oil pump and the clutch cover had fallen out so the oil pressure was having to jump the bridge between the pump and the clutch cover and very little was making it through- most of it was just falling back down into the clutch cover area

I would suspect that possibly the dowel pin(not really a dowel pin but it looks like a dowel pin just bigger with an O-ring )might’ve fallen out when installing cover or maybe was not in place?

once I replaced it, I had great oil pressure

After I completely redo an engine, the first thing I check is the oil pressure at the filter area, then I’ll put the filter on and check it at the lower oil cooler hole and then after cleaning the oil cooler I’ll check it going to the oil cooler to make sure it comes out the top line, then once I connect the top line to the engine I’ll make sure I have it at the top of the head

it’s overkill but it’s just one of the weird things I do -lol

winner winner, chicken dinner

82B4EAEC-0BEA-4F9E-A290-01B9BF576FFC.jpeg

3B319996-7B01-4042-9EC7-A394A5096D68.jpeg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

winner winner, chicken dinner

82B4EAEC-0BEA-4F9E-A290-01B9BF576FFC.jpeg

3B319996-7B01-4042-9EC7-A394A5096D68.jpeg

Nice!

I’m glad it was a simple fix did you find it in the lower crankcase or was it just left out?

31 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Nice!

I’m glad it was a simple fix did you find it in the lower crankcase or was it just left out?

Didn’t see it.  Pretty sure I got sloppy on reassembly and omitted it.

I’ve been overwhelmed with family stuff lately, but today I had a little time this afternoon and finally adjusted the valves on this one, I added the fuel tank, and tried to take it for a spin.

It idles well.  When I tried to go it feels gutless and started spitting and sputtering, backfired, and died.

This repeated every time I tried to actually tried to go on it.  Will sit and idle fine.  

Carb was cleaned, and I’m wondering if the muffler is partially clogged?  Exhaust is coming out of the pipe but something just isn’t right.

Third video I finally feathered the throttle enough to get it and keep it going, but it was gutless, missing, and I was just trying to get back up the driveway. 

So the question is, can I take the muffler off and leave the header pipe on and try running it? Something that was me that won’t run worth a crap either with no back pressure

Is there any chance the rubber slide seal might not be seated in the top of the carburetor?

I’ve had a few in the past it wouldn’t rev up like that and we’re just gutless and I found out because it was a vacuum slide and I had not seated the rubber seal properly, it wouldn’t rev up

once I reseated the seal it was full power.

-Just a guess on my part though

If you remove the air filter and use them a mirror you can see if the slide is pulling up when you rev it up

just to answer your previous question I have run them ever so briefly without a exhaust on there just for a quick check so  I think it would be fine

23 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Is there any chance the rubber slide seal might not be seated in the top of the carburetor?

I’ve had a few in the past it wouldn’t rev up like that and we’re just gutless and I found out because it was a vacuum slide and I had not seated the rubber seal properly, it wouldn’t rev up

once I reseated the seal it was full power.

-Just a guess on my part though

If you remove the air filter and use them a mirror you can see if the slide is pulling up when you rev it up

just to answer your previous question I have run them ever so briefly without a exhaust on there just for a quick check so  I think it would be fine

I’ll check that and report back!  

It sounds to me like it is out of time , or a valve is stuck partially open or not sealing off.     I find if the carb slide diaphragm leaks , it will run fine till half throttle then fall flat. 

• Like 2

Take out the spark plug. Put you finger over the hole. Spin it over and see if you can  feel the suck in  and then compression and exhaust. 

• Like 1

It's definitely weird.  I'll check the carb slide first, see if it's something that simple.  If that looks ok, I'll try checking the plug, and then I guess I'll have to stand it up and pull the front cover again and check the timing.