shadetree

1988 trx350D foreman 4x4

spent today cleaning the fuel tank up, got the new sending unit installed in the tank after drilling the hole for it. installed tank. got the front brake hubs cleaned up, new brake shoes installed in the clean backing plates, bolted those on the front. cleaned and painted the front shocks, installed those. installed front brake hubs, called it a day for right now, i'm tired..lol.

• Like 3

todays plan: start with cleaning the front brake lines up/out, get them installed, get the front brakes working and adjusted, front hubs painted, few odds and ends installed, then its on to working with the plastics !. i'll try to post some progress pics for all you pic pervs ! :-).

• Like 2

What’s your method to clean out brake lines? Dang things are pricey and the older bikes’ lines seem to be clogged as often as not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

What’s your method to clean out brake lines? Dang things are pricey and the older bikes’ lines seem to be clogged as often as not

I have never had any stopped all the way up ?, most times I run my parts washer through them, then followed by compressed air.

• Like 1

front brake work is done !, did have to make a trip to my buds place, and pick up another master cylinder, the one that was on it would not build up any pressure. got the front brakes all adjusted, bled, and all painted. then got the front bash plate, and skid plates painted and installed. here's some pics of how it turned out.

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

• Like 6

6 hours ago, KoolBreeze said:

The aluminum looks really clean and bright, are painting it?

yes, painting it.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:49 AM, TrxPipUK said:

Any progress on this sweet little project shade? Need some pics hahaha

not really, been taking care of RL stuff lately. Iast thing  I did was tear the rear fender apart down to bare fender, and that is where I left off.

• Like 3

well, i finally got caught back up on RL issues, and now its time to get back on this build !. stick around, i'll be posting progress pics here soon !.

• Like 2

update: finally got off my butt, and got back on the fender tear down, here's some progress pic's of what i got done today. rear fender all tore down, front fender all tore down. as you can see in the front fender area that is all messed up ?, i will repair it, make it new ( or close to new anyway ) so not to show this bad area.

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

• Like 3

update: some front fender patch work, this is NOT done !, its only the gluing  and supporting part of my repair.

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

• Like 1

just picked up some spray paint from wally world, here is what I got :-).

IMG_0898.JPG

• Like 4

I like the color of the cap , looking forward to seeing it on plastic ......

• Like 1

That is the same paint I buy ,  it sprays , covers and holds  very well for me ----- prep work is the key to painting --- I like Liquid Sand Paper on a green scuff pad , then wipe it with liquid wax and grease remover , then the paint -------  if there are some bad spots on the plastic I will DA  it with some sand paper first 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I like the color of the cap , looking forward to seeing it on plastic ......

me too !..lol. weather is bad here right now, as you already know down there !..lol. soon as the weather gets right ?, I will start painting plastics.

• Like 2

update: first coat of paint on front and rear fender, best I could do, I think they look great so far. the damaged area of front fender looks 1000 times better than what it did look like, ya'll tell me ?.

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That paint job came out real nice , can't wait to see it all together 

ty bro !. it will have to do, seeing how new fenders are not around ?, it will be ok from my standards..lol.

well crap, my day just sucked !..lol. I was gonna get my fenders off my '89, swap my newer red fenders on it, then swap the splash guards over onto the blue '88 ?, that..didn't...happen !.lol. first off, my '89 fuel pump went to pouring gas out of the body of it !, thank goodness I had bought a new oem fuel pump for it awhile back !!!. got that changed out, then was looking at the splash guards, and the ones on my '89 are different than the ones on the newer red fenders ?..nope..wont work !. they made them different between '88 and '89 it seems !. the '89 rear splash guards has foot wells on them !!!!. the '88 does not ?, hmmm. trashed that plan all to crap !. and to top all this off ?, my '' some what new battery '' from honda, that has been on a jr charger all this time, some how..lost its charge ??..holly crap bat man !. I was going to use my '03 trx450fm with the winch to winch my '89 out of its resting spot ?, but that did not happen !...lol. sooo, I had to rob the new battery out of the trx300fw, and put it in my trx450fm. now I've got to buy another battery !..sigh. only thing that came out right today ?, is I got the headlight part off the red fenders I brought home, will send them back to my bud. did I loose ya'll on all this ??..lol. bad day to say the least. said screw it, i'm going in, done for the day, had to walk away before I tore something else up !!!..lol. oh..i did get my '89 cranked up after sitting all these months..lol..that poor girl just wont die !!..lol.

• Like 3