jeepwm69

Video showing new Hondas being made in South Carolina

12 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Thought this was a cool video, so sharing it.

I enjoyed watching  that video !! Thanks for  sharing 

• Like 1

I enjoyed watching Jeep I would not have a problem doing that kind of work.

• Like 1

Dont t know how i missed this...... I could get into doing that..... Especially back when honda was making those old school atvs ie  the  famous proven 350 tanks 250's 300's and sport atvs ....  Thanks ford the post, Jeep....... Look yonder @Freedomflyer rated it... We migh get him back on a honda before  too long... Lol! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I imagine if I had to do that all day every day it would ruin my love for Hondas, so I'll let those guys do it, and I'll stick to shadetreeing in the back yard, beer in hand.

• Haha 3

I work about 15 minutes from the plant in Timmonsville, SC where the above video was filmed and have also been on the site many times due to the kind of regulatory work I do. The process, facility, and property are all really a sight to see. They have a test track on the property with hills, water obstacles, bumps, etc. that would seem to be an enthusiasts dream. I, too, thought how cool it would be to test drive all the ATVs as my job so I asked one of the testers how cool was it to do that very thing. He said it was the greatest job EVER...for about two days. After that it became a tedious and boring a chore. One of the tests they perform is to run the machines through about 100' of waist deep water about 2,000 times before they check it to see if anything leaks or needs better sealing. They also have these roller machines that look like conveyers that they drive on to test the 4-wd and its ability to overcome low traction situations. It really is amazing to watch the factory folks put the machines through the ringer trying to find a a weak link or failure point so they can improve the product before it is sold to the public. You can find it on Goo-Goo Earth. Just type in Honda near Timmonsville, SC and it will pop right up. The test track is located southwest from the main plant. If you zoom in a little, you can see the two water troughs side by side where they run the machines through. It really is a cool setup.

• Like 5