CaptCoolbreeze

Just hello

I live in North Cali at 2600ft in foothills. I've been on 3wheels since 1995 and still would be but, BearFire got it. So end of 2021 I purchased Rancher 420FE.

I like to see and read about these machines . I'm curious about all sorts of modifications. My old 250SX had Supertrap header and rims offset wider than stock. I put a 10x7 21 on the front. 

So what I'm getting at is research into doing some of the mods on my Rancher. I loved the pop pop pop of the Supertrap on my 250SX and wonder why Honda made them so skinny.

I've already bought spacers to fatten up the Rancher. I'm looking for rims to widen it when stock tires need replaced. I want know if anyone has put header & muffler on a 420FE? Does the EFI returne to it? Or will I need to chip of some sort?

I'll try to use title search as much as possible before I ask newbie questions.

I'm lurking...

CaptCoolbreeze

• Like 2

Welcome to ATVHonda forums. 250x was a fine Atv.  Northern Cali high elevations !  How you come up with the title Captain?   ———-    What’s you take on big foot ? I am open to believing.  

FishFlies and others,

CaptCoolbreeze vs MadVacume was a animated movie we made in highschool.  The MadVacume came to dominate the world when a over voltage happened and a sun spot gave it intelligence . It wanted to suck up everything bums, drunks, phone booths, Volkswagens whatever you can imagine. CaptCoolbreeze was stronger than a grilled sammich🥪, able to leap over a SpaceFood stick, and faster than a rolling orange🍊The only hero who could battle the MadVac. We used 1 frame at a time and made it roll up its own cord, do burnouts & 1 wheel acrobatics ect... 

in the 70's there was a scifi show narrated by Bob Wilkins and our little film was featured once!

So now the CaptianCoolbreeze is a super hero who greatest power is making beer 🍺 disapear & enjoys outdoorlife and riding trails.

CC

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CaptCoolbreeze said:

FishFlies and others,

CaptCoolbreeze vs MadVacume was a animated movie we made in highschool.  The MadVacume came to dominate the world when a over voltage happened and a sun spot gave it intelligence . It wanted to suck up everything bums, drunks, phone booths, Volkswagens whatever you can imagine. CaptCoolbreeze was stronger than a grilled sammich🥪, able to leap over a SpaceFood stick, and faster than a rolling orange🍊The only hero who could battle the MadVac. We used 1 frame at a time and made it roll up its own cord, do burnouts & 1 wheel acrobatics ect... 

in the 70's there was a scifi show narrated by Bob Wilkins and our little film was featured once!

So now the CaptianCoolbreeze is a super hero who greatest power is making beer 🍺 disapear & enjoys outdoorlife and riding trails.

CC

Great story !!!! Great nickname / handle >>> nice looking boat you got there !!! , maybe a 502 or 454 ------    I love boats and fishing 

Back in the 70s , I had a Lafitte Skiff that was made by a company out of St Bernard , La. called Sea Breeze , part of my name is Summer , so I come up with the name for the boat , Summer Breeze and had it hand painted on both sides and the transom , cause back then , that was what you did , there was no vinyl back then , so after it was all finished and looking good  , someone informed  me that Summer Breeze was a feminine hygiene spray , I was bummed out ----  fishfiles was the name of one of my boats , it was a Mako 

• Confused 1

Boats Ive had,,,, She's Real Fine 409 crossram chev v-drive,  H20gasm Gallaxie 455 Olds Pantherjet, lil White Squirt, Hondo runner bottom 455 Olds Jacuzi jet, Slip Slide-n-Squirt Daytona 454 chev Berkley . I fell in love with boats in high school when the guy across the street & 1 year ahead of me need a 3rd person to go barefooting on Lake Oroville. I soon learned to ski then barefoot on a 100ft rope deep water start. Those were the days chicks in skipy bikinis youg strong frisky. Saw many sunsets on Lake Horrible. Very good memories , I'm sorta rusty now and getting creaky.

Boats babes & beer,,,,,, ooohhhh boy.

• Like 2

Capt..... I was about OH! I'd say 6 or 7 (minus plus) years old and my pops mom had a matalic green olds with a  455 ...... I couldn't say what year model the car was,  but i think it was a two door, white roof.... But what i do recall is she was in a wreck (she was shaken up) but end Ed up a tad sore, but okay.... My pops got the engine with plans.... But with life, work, kids.... And always expanding our farming operation..he never had enough time to do much with that plant... But i do recall talk of how fast and powerful that car was..... I dont know all that much about boats, but that said.... thats a nice craft you got! I'll say this you'll fit in this place like a puzzle piece....just added you to my watch list.... Take it easy bro don't let the 🍣🍞😆

Aaahhh shucks! 🤠  Thanx man. 

My Olds was a 468cuin and would beat most 454 chev. Best part was it was  Juccuzi pump. They hated getting spanked by a Olds Jacuzzi.

I've been building big blocks for hobby income & my engines are stout because of being put together right. I like to read technical stuff & practice what I've read.

CC

• Like 1

Fishfiles I just found out Captian Coolbreeze vs Mad Vacume is on you tube. ( I thought Oldskool asked about my nickname) it's not original version it has some scenes missing and the music isn't right from what I remember. This copy was found at Butte County library and reworked. Remember we was high-school kids in 73.

6 hours ago, CaptCoolbreeze said:

Fishfiles Remember we was high-school kids in 73.

1973 I was a Sophomore in high school , graduated when I was 17 , had my first job at 13 , had to lie about my age , you had to be 14 to work , had a motorcycle license at 14 --- times were different , eh !! 

Cool' , you got me thinking about old times , my neighbors' brother was older than us , he was in college and learning to be a journalist , which he never did become , he wound up being a manager at Show Town , lol   --- but he got me started , back in the 70s , on taking a song , like Weird Al Yankovic  does , changing the words and making it into something else , we never had kari'okie machines back then , would record it on to a cassette tape ,  but had a lot of fun with that , I still do it today >>>>  would you like to hear a few bars ?  LOL  , 

I got my driver's license @ 15 1/2. I had a job @T&E auto. They had an empty stall & let me use it to put a 289cuin V8 in a 50 Willys CJ2A. Motor came from a Mustang 2+2 had a 4bbl . I changed front and rear axles to military dana44 with 11in brakes. That thing was scary! To much hp to much brakes. 90mph as fast you could shift & do stoppies. My dad sprung for a Buick metallic green paint job. Later I bought my 1st set of TA radials BFG . Rolled that Jeep 3 x. I put in MG bucket seats StewartWarner gouges full roll cage & KC lights.

When I was a freshman I figured out the point system. I took 7 classes a day until I was a senior. Then I was 18 writing my own notes & only had 4 classes a day.

Yeah bud times were very different. Looks like we might be about same age.🙄

• Like 1

I was into cars some , mostly into 4 wheeling and boats , Katrina took most all my pictures , but a friend gave me this pic of one of my Broncos >>> I remember my Dad freaking out on me on this one , I had a very good paying job when I was 18 in 1976 , lived in a separate house behind my Mom and Dad's house , in 1982 I paid $25K  for this truck , special order  took 8 weeks to come in , I had $5K worth of accessories in the garage , the day it came in , I started cutting it up , had a lot of fun but should have bought a house not a truck , LOL 

I know about Scuzz Twittly  , never heard of the other two , but will check them out ---- there is a music thread , it is all over the genre , check it out and post up some goodies 

82 Bronco XLT_crop.jpg

• Like 1

Sweet truck!

All of my pics were lost in BearFire. I always had camera. 

I had a 73 4x4 in my yard every option Chev had except it was a granny 4 speed. BearFire got it too. Still got 496cuin in a friend's garage I was gonna put in it.

My Daytona got sold for a new well. Turned out to be a dry hole 400ft deep. !!

Did find water elsewhere. New home is close to being finished. Maybe by Feb 30th 🤔. Sheetrock just got textured so not much longer. I so want away from here and back home.  

You can see landscape is crispy.

Before BearFire.

20230129_115210.jpg

U8pfnV0s-103429659.jpg

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CaptCoolbreeze said:

Sweet truck!

All of my pics were lost in BearFire. I always had camera. 

I had a 73 4x4 in my yard every option Chev had except it was a granny 4 speed. BearFire got it too. Still got 496cuin in a friend's garage I was gonna put in it.

My Daytona got sold for a new well. Turned out to be a dry hole 400ft deep. !!

Did find water elsewhere. New home is close to being finished. Maybe by Feb 30th 🤔. Sheetrock just got textured so not much longer. I so want away from here and back home.  

You can see landscape is crispy.

Before BearFire.

20230129_115210.jpg

U8pfnV0s-103429659.jpg

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

I am curious on the well , our well is exactly 400 ft also  , it cost $2,800 for the drilling part , that was  13 years ago , it is in mud/sand ---- what did a 400 ft  well  cost you and what are the soil conditions like were your at ----- it was a dry well ? so drilling $ was a total lost ? what you do now ? 

• Like 1