Gotti3113

2005 Honda rubicon Broken rear differential oil check bolt

7 hours ago, Gotti3113 said:

I actually just got a 7 cubic foot chest freezer. Just got it loaded up. Always need stuff on deck for the smoker. Thanks @Danika 327 I will check them out. 

Not to go to far off the rails.... If indeed this Frigidaire 16 cubic foot is toast... I'm thinking two 8's .... Smoker you say ? You should check the food thread out, good stuff..... Back on topic... :-) 

On 8/16/2023 at 2:08 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Well any 12" wheels from a Honda Foreman 400/450/500 or Rubicon will fit as long as they came on a solid rear axle machine (the IRS machines have a different offset on the rear wheels)

Random question what is the bolt pattern for the rubicon? Is it 4/110?

will deff check out the food page thanks! 

Here is the size , it is a special bolt  has a sealing head and uses a sealing washer / gasket , I listed it below

SEALING BOLT

(thread: 8mm / length: 11mm)

90109-371-000

by Honda

$2.39

GASKET

90471-580-000

by Honda

$3.12 2% OFF

18 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Here is the size , it is a special bolt  has a sealing head and uses a sealing washer / gasket , I listed it below

SEALING BOLT

(thread: 8mm / length: 11mm)

90109-371-000

by Honda

$2.39

GASKET

90471-580-000

by Honda

$3.12 2% OFF

Awesome thank you. I order the bolt gotta pick up that washer 

• Like 1

Hey Guys. 

anyone have the part number for the oil filter bolt. The bolt is rounded i need to grab a new one. Once I get this off. 

On 8/20/2023 at 2:49 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

Nope, that's a 2wd footshift 500.

The bolt for the Rubicon is #12 here.  Were it me I'd get a used one, given the cost.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/2005/trx500fa-a-fourtrax-foreman-rubicon/front-crankcase-cover

And while we're on that, I'll post a link to this thread on the old forum, just to get a jab at @basfnb

https://www.hondaforeman.com/threads/stripped-oil-filter-bolt.143930/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Used isn't super cheap either.  Up to you depending on what you want to spend.  I think I"d almost buy new given the minor price difference.

https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-bolt-oil-filter-center-15420-hn8-000.html

I’m just gonna order a new one this weekend  

Thanks brother! I’m gonna order a new one I was going to order the wrong one. I thought the part number was  15420-HN2-000. Appreciate the help! 

18 minutes ago, Gotti3113 said:

If you want a good laugh, read that link I posted to the old Hondaforeman board.

My buddy is 6'5" and about 240 lbs.  He tends to just brute force everything so I had to fix his Rubicon when he rounded off that bolt head. 

The pics and comments with what he did are pretty funny.

"I guess this is why there are directions on shampoo... my god man..."

@basfnb

Should be interchangeable

Sometimes Honda changes part numbers, and the parts have very minor differences but will interchange, and sometimes there is no difference, and the speculation is that Honda changed suppliers for that part thus a new part number.

A good bet, and the reason I use Partzilla's shematics, is to go to the bottom right of this link and see "related fitment"

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/15420-HN2-000?ref=2b713cef088b8714605e33f0b501f1e8c5097d87

It will tell you a large number of machines that the particular part number is used on. 

In this case, looks like the Rincon and lots of years of Rubicons, where as the other one only shows Rincon. 

The HN2 seems to cover a larger number of machines, and be the proper part number, although I'm 99% sure you could use either.

After I corrected Wilson, I then posted a part number that technically wasn't the right one LOL

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Nope, that's a 2wd footshift 500.

The bolt for the Rubicon is #12 here.  Were it me I'd get a used one, given the cost.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/2005/trx500fa-a-fourtrax-foreman-rubicon/front-crankcase-cover

And while we're on that, I'll post a link to this thread on the old forum, just to get a jab at @basfnb

https://www.hondaforeman.com/threads/stripped-oil-filter-bolt.143930/

My bad.... Was trying to do too many things at once... 

10 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

My bad.... Was trying to do too many things at once... 

well I was 100% focused and still gave him the part number for the Rincon drain bolt.

Motosport has free shipping on all orders through the end of the day if you haven’t ordered that bolt yet. @Gotti3113

F17FE345-7DA7-457D-994F-67E13D180617.png

• Haha 1

I'm not saying one word..... Lol! .... I think i better put my nose on another defrent grinding stone for now.... Hmmm...... Now it feels like regulate blah Monday...... 

Appreciate all the help fellas. I don’t think any maintenance has been done in this in years. Running into all kinds of little headaches. 

15 hours ago, Gotti3113 said:

Appreciate all the help fellas. I don’t think any maintenance has been done in this in years. Running into all kinds of little headaches. 

Well if the filter bolt was rounded off, at least you know someone TRIED to change the oil, LOL

• Haha 1