jeepwm69

Been on vacation, came back with Kung Flu

Took a long vacation with the wife and youngest kid for wife's 40th/ our 10th anniversary.   Got back late Saturday night, but both were sick as a dog on the flight back and yesterday.   Went in to work this morning, noticed I have no taste, and nurse at work said I popped a fat positive for the coof.

Not too bad.  Feels like a bad hangover.   That sausage biscuit this morning sure did look good, and when I bit into it and couldn't taste it, I knew what was up.

Anyhow, I'll be back on more in a day or two when I get back in the office.

22 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Took a long vacation with the wife and youngest kid for wife's 40th/ our 10th anniversary.   Got back late Saturday night, but both were sick as a dog on the flight back and yesterday.   Went in to work this morning, noticed I have no taste, and nurse at work said I popped a fat positive for the coof.

Not too bad.  Feels like a bad hangover.   That sausage biscuit this morning sure did look good, and when I bit into it and couldn't taste it, I knew what was up.

Anyhow, I'll be back on more in a day or two when I get back in the office.

we'll leave the light on for ya bro, get well !.

• Like 1

Hope you get back on your feet soon!!

Make sure you get that 6th and 7th booster so you MAY not get it again....

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

i hope ya didnt get the new bird flu, that been promoted for so many years, couple of decades at best, coo-coo...,  coo...-coo!!

for that you will need at least 4 booster shots a year, so will anyone that you come into contact with..

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 1

Wasn't too bad.  Back at work today.  Wife got fever Thursday night, and I got it about 24 hours later.   We got home late Saturday night, so the trip home was pretty miserable, and Sunday we felt like crud, but now we're both ok.  Just a little tired and cranky.

This round was a quick shot of fever, followed by sinus pressure and an accompanying headache that was about like a really bad hangover.   Lasted a couple of days on the headache, but other than the excruciating headache, wasn't too bad.

Of course, the main office called semi pushing "paxlovid" or whatever the snake oil is of the day.  I simply told them that my immune system seemed to be working find so I didn't need any sort of assistance, and asked when i could get back to work.

Glad to be back.  I'm still a little fatigued, and have a busy catch up time now.  Days are getting short and I still have to wrap up @basfnb's 125 engine, fix my brother in law's 350 Rancher, fix my own Rubicon engine, and now @basfnb's 06 Rubicon has started making a chattering noise, so he's got to bring it down to me for an oil pressure test.

I gotta get rested up and back to work.   Too much to do to be going into fall already.

• Like 2

Glad to see you didn't fall for their pushing this useless solution.  I still have a tube of Ivermectin sitting around, never had to use it yet.  

• Like 1

Well I'm now about a week from first symptoms, and other than a little snot and the occasional cough, back to normal.

I'm glad the whole freaking world shut down over this crap, with so much changed and not for the better.