AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

If you have no LED lights as well

you mostly likely have a power issue also

Possibly a water damaged circuit board

Does display illuminate when you turn headlights on?

Posting a few pictures of what you have going on really helps as well

Oil light comes on when u turn key on no back light film is lifting

Edited by Bodie

Welcome to the forum 

I can most likely repair it for you it just really depends on what all you have wrong with it

you didn’t say whether or not you have a reverse light when it’s in reverse?

The best thing for you to do is to remove the plastic top cover and take a picture of the circuit card to see if you have any water damage and post a few pictures of what you have going on and I can answer you on what you must likely need to have repaired

5 hours ago, AKATV said:

Welcome to the forum 

I can most likely repair it for you it just really depends on what all you have wrong with it

you didn’t say whether or not you have a reverse light when it’s in reverse?

The best thing for you to do is to remove the plastic top cover and take a picture of the circuit card to see if you have any water damage and post a few pictures of what you have going on and I can answer you on what you must likely need to have repaired

you missed it, he did say no reverse light as well as no neutral light.

5 hours ago, shadetree said:

you missed it, he did say no reverse light as well as no neutral light.

Thanks for the help Shade

I looked again but I am not seeing it- not from Bodie anyways?

Bodie first said that he had no lights and then after that, he said he did have the red oil light when you turn the key on, then after that he had said he had no N or neutral light.

I was asking if he had reverse light because it’s very very uncommon for the red LEDs to burn out, but the green neutral LED is fairly common to burn out, so I’m just trying to see if both red LEDs are OK then at least we know the LED circuit is OK and most likely he just has a green neutral LED burned out

Edited by AKATV

18 hours ago, AKATV said:

What about reverse light when you put it in reverse?

Having problem trying to post photos never been part of forum before no reverse light no neutral light is backlit but very dim can't see it during daytime opened case and there is water damage to board with e mail adress I could send you photos oil temp light does come on and then go off when ignition switch is turn on

Edited by Bodie
Added info

Unfortunately water damage is pretty much the end of the line for these -but it really just depends on how bad and what you have damaged though

Are you in the UK?

I understand you can’t post pictures but

what kind of problems are you having posting ?

Unfamiliar with this process no I'm in Texas and it is starting to get hot and been working on my 650lbOBA thought I'd take a break and check posts 

OK I was just wondering because I saw that you were checking a British Honda parts house in your earlier text

I will send my phone number to your message box and you can send me photos that way if it’s easier

Hello, I'm new here. I came across your post from a Google search. I just picked up an 04 Foreman 450 the other day from a buddies dad. He said the battery went dead last winter and now the display is stuck on km and miles read 9999999. He wasn't sure of the miles just said it was low since he didn't use it much. Everything else seems to be working as far as I can tell, haven't had much time to mess with it. If it is supposed to show the gear, I don't believe it does. Sounds like this would be an easy fix for you? Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like your speedometer is dropped programming and will need to be reprogrammed it’s a bit of a process but I can take care of it for you if you want I will send my contact information do you message box as well

2 hours ago, AKATV said:

Sounds like your speedometer is dropped programming and will need to be reprogrammed it’s a bit of a process but I can take care of it for you if you want I will send my contact information do you message box as well

Hey AKATV, can you send me your contact info? I'm located in KY,US. I have a 2000 TRX450ES Foreman the display needs some work, the whole thing works, all the lights and buttons etc but the whole thing is just dim unless you look at it the right angle. I can still make out the hours, ODO, trip etc. It does light up with the headlights on and all my neutral, and reverse lights etc work at the top. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum

I’m sure I can get you fixed up

If you can post a picture or two with your headlights turned on so I can see what you have going on

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

Hey AKATV,

I've got an old 1998 Foreman (TRX450SW) that has a dead screen.
This machine was inherited from my dad, so I have no idea how it failed, if the backlight just went out, or if there's something more wrong.

If you're able to at least help get me pointed in the right direction for some troubleshooting to figure out if it's something you can fix, I'd appreciate it!

I wasn't able to find much in the way of individual replacement parts, if you also have any suggestions for where to find some buttons, and the front plexiglass part, that would be great too!

I grew up with this thing, I'd love to get the screen working again.

EDIT:  Oh!  I forgot the backlight only comes on when the headlights are on.  Looks like the backlight works, but the LCD has seen better days.  New picture attached.

20220918_165710.jpg

20220918_171330.jpg

Edited by JRucker
adding image

have those buttons missing is a real bad indication that that it  is full of water and is probably corroded beyond repair

But if you pull the top cover and post a picture of the circuit card we can get a better look at what you have going on

I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

Hey AKATV, I've been restoring my ATV after it sat for a few years in parts, looking to get my speedo cluster fixed.  It looks burnt out like the one in the picture at the top, the digital display is barely readable.  So I think it definitely needs an LCD screen, and it looks like you are THE GUY.  I have a 2004 Honda Foreman 450 ES.  I wanted to ask if the atv will run without the cluster hooked up to the bike.  If I sent it off to you would I still be able to use the ATV around the house?

atvSpeedo.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the picture, it helps a lot

I can get you fixed up for sure

You can also polish that cover up with a headlight polishing kit from Walmart 

will make it look like new

I will send contact information to your message box as well

Welcome to the forum!

Looking pretty bad off, but if you open up the case, and get a few pictures we can see what you have going on

On 3/7/2020 at 1:57 PM, AKATV said:

I just finished repairing a speedometer display with heavy sun UV burnout for our member LedFTed this morning

I wanted to show results of UV damage repair, other than the reprogramming that I do

Before and after pics below-

my phone reflection in 2nd picture- not screen defect .....😊

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

I have one of these that need the same repair

Welcome to the forum!

Hope yours is not as bad as the one above, but if you can post a picture or two I can let you know if it looks repairable

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

Greetings!! I have a 2001 foreman 450ES with speedometer issues.  The PCB has corrosion, drains battery.  Wondering if AKATV would help me?