AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

9 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Jeep

I have not tried to switch those around like that, but based off of what you said, I think it would work in a pinch
I personally wouldn’t spend $200 on that piece of plastic either

I’m pretty good on rancher glass right now but if you wanted to send it, I’ll PM my address

thanks

AKATV

Starting in 09, the Foreman meters went from plastic to glass of some sort.   While it sucks because it's expensive, at least it doesn't haze/craze like the plastic meter covers did.

@basfnb borrowed my 09 Foreman back in the day, and his brother tossed him a beer, which he missed, that shattered the meter cover on my 09.   I looked and a new one at that time was about $100.  The 05-08 cover, which was identical in appearance, was like $28.  I ordered the cheaper one and it worked fine, looked fine.  But in the years since, I've seen a bunch of the 05-08 meters which are all hazed over and scratched up, and the 09-up meters don't appear to have that problem. 

Honda has since discontinued the 05-08 plastic meter covers, superseding in the 09-11 part number.

Point being, these plastic bits over time will always look like crap unless the machine is always garaged.  Honda at least did seem to address that problem on newer machines, although the parts are more $$$.

I'll drop the 350 board/display in the mail today.  Glad you can use it!

AKATV, I have a 2004 Foreman ES  that needs some board work done and also has a cloudy screen. Water got inside and rusted some resistors. Can I get information on where to send this and what the cost will be please. I took it apart to clean and saw that 2 resistors were missing legs. Thanks.

AKATV, I have a 2004 Foreman ES  that needs some board work done and also has a cloudy screen. Water got inside and rusted some resistors. Can I get information on where to send this and what the cost will be please. I took it apart to clean and saw that 2 resistors were missing legs. Thanks.

If it’s all rusted up, most likely, the circuit card is pretty much done. It’s not a cost-effective to repair as they have a high failure rate later on down the road due to components that are damaged.

If you’d like to look into a repair, I can send my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

On 6/4/2024 at 8:27 AM, Matt S said:

Once they get wet, they get to the "not worth fixing" stage.   You can replace those resistors but there are probably 10 other components looking to go bad so it's either "replace everything" or repeatedly go in to do them one at a time.

If you'll look back one page on this thread, I just send AKATV a 350 Rancher meter than I knew was done as soon as I dug into it.   Hopefully he can use the screen or some other parts to fix someone else's meter though.   Maybe he can use some or yours, or maybe he can fix it.   He does free "look-see's" on them, so you're only out postage if he can't fix it.   He might have parts from someone else's that he can cobble one together with.

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Once they get wet, they get to the "not worth fixing" stage.   You can replace those resistors but there are probably 10 other components looking to go bad so it's either "replace everything" or repeatedly go in to do them one at a time.

If you'll look, I just send AKATV a 350 Rancher meter than I knew was done as soon as I dug into it.   Hopefully he can use the screen or some other parts to fix someone else's meter though.   Maybe he can use some or yours, or maybe he can fix it.   He does free "look-see's" on them, so you're only out postage if he can't fix it.   He might have parts from someone else's that he can cobble one together with.

Thanks for the message, I sent him some pics and patiently waiting for hisnresponse. There was only a small portion that got wet so hopefully he can fix it but if not I will be hunting for a different one.

On 5/21/2024 at 1:52 PM, LowerLAfarmer said:

Hey, I never received a message from you about my lcd. Thanks Mike

Mike, I just got back in town. I sent my direct contact information to your message box.

Feel free to contact me anytime

-AKATV

Hey I'm new to the forum.......found this chat in an attempt to locate a replacement lcd for 2004 Honda 450 ES....any thoughts on a possible repair?

IMG_6248 (1).jpg

IMG_6203 (2).jpg

I should be able to get you taken care of no problem if you’d like to have it repaired. I’ll send my contact information to your message box.
-AKATV

On 6/4/2024 at 11:40 AM, Matt S said:

Thanks for the message, I sent him some pics and patiently waiting for hisnresponse. There was only a small portion that got wet so hopefully he can fix it but if not I will be hunting for a different one.

Matt, I sent my contact information to your message box but I see that it hasn’t been read yet if you’re still needing help with the repair if you go to your message box, my direct contact information is there
-AKATV

I need help with mine I just bought that bike from someone and it doesn't work at all I need help going on a trip and going ride soon so I need to fix it asap please help me

On 3/7/2020 at 1:57 PM, AKATV said:

I just finished repairing a speedometer display with heavy sun UV burnout for our member LedFTed this morning

I wanted to show results of UV damage repair, other than the reprogramming that I do

Before and after pics below-

my phone reflection in 2nd picture- not screen defect .....😊

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

I need help with mine it doesn't work at all and I just bought the bike from someone and going on a trip with family and ride I need my fixed asap please help me

Welcome to the forum Phillip!

Let me know what year, make and model you have and maybe post a picture or two of the issue you are having

i will send my direct contact information to your message box for you as well if you would like a repair

-AKATV

My Speedometer  on my ‘02 Honda Foreman 450ES was faded so I could not see anything. After a lot of research, I came across this forum, and started conversation with AKATV. As requested, I sent it to him. I can not express enough thanks and appreciation to him for an OUTSTANDING job. Truly a man that knows what he’s doing and a desire to help others. I highly recommend him!! Below are some before and after photos. 

73731336509__82B20658-8012-45AB-BD31-D2DD0DD1F9F0.jpeg

IMG_3797.jpeg

73964969120__A3CAEA47-A07D-4BBE-9726-8FC954F50520.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

• Thanks 1

New to the forum and having trouble finding my way around. I have the same burn out issues on a Foreman 450 ES and trying to find AKATV. Any help please. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

I will send my direct contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into a repair or have any questions

-AKATV